Problem with multiple tv series matches (BSG 2003)

Any questions? Need some help?
AnIdeaWithin

Problem with multiple tv series matches (BSG 2003)

Post by AnIdeaWithin »

Hello,

I'm new to filebot, but liking it very much so far. At the moment, I'm semi-manually renaming my existing media (esp. tv series), but I plan to set up some NAS+transmission+filebot automation later on.

Anyway, my current problem concerns the tv show name matching for "reimagined" tv shows like Doctor Who or Battlestar Galactica. I do by now understand that on TVDB they're differentiated with the respective airdate year in parentheses, so that "Battlestar Galactica (2003)" is the series I want to use. But how do I tell that to filebot, using the command line? Even with "--q" I still get multiple hits:

Code: Select all

filebot --db TheTVDB -non-strict -r --format "{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}" --output /media/NAS_video/Serien/ -rename BSG --action test --q "Battlestar Galactica (2003)" 
[...]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/05.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica (1980)/Season 1/1x05 - The Super Scouts (2).mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/06.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica (1980)/Season 1/1x06 - Spaceball.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/07.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica/Season 1/1x07 - The Long Patrol.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/08.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica/Season 1/1x08 - The Gun on Ice Planet Zero (1).mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/09.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica/Season 1/1x09 - The Gun on Ice Planet Zero (2).mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/media/NAS_video/_to_be_sorted_SERIEN/BSG/Season 4/10.mkv] to [/media/NAS_video/Serien/Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Season 4/0x20 - The Top 10 Things You Need To Know.mkv]
Why does filebot (seem to?) ignore the query string? Why does it completely mess up the seasons? I realize I could help things along by renaming the episodes to a S04E01-format, and I realize that I can do this relatively painless via "mmv" under linux. Also, renaming "BSG" to "Battlestar Galactica (2003)" might help. But shouldn't things work without these steps, as well?

I'd probably be able to make this all work by using the GUI, renaming the files to a more suitable format, switching to another DB etc etc. I'd like to understand why my current solution won't do what I expected it to do, though. Can anybody shed light on that?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Thorsten
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem with multiple tv series matches (BSG 2003)

Post by rednoah »

--q is the query, for which you get a set of shows, a set of episodes each. You'd use --q to manually specify a query if filebot can't figure it out from the filename.

@see
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 3840#p3840

What you wanna use is --filter to exclude certain episodes from the matching. This is for automation in particular. You can exclude the old BSG specifically, but you could also generally exclude anything aired before 2000 or something.

e.g.

Code: Select all

--filter "y > 2000"
Watch this video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-8Z1kzFLv8

The current releases can't work with season-from-folder/episode-from-file naming scheme so you'd have add --filter "s == 3" if you wanted to rename Season 3 episodes.

The latest betas have a special case for "Season X/NN" naming though so try r1620+ and it'll work. Check FAQ.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AnIdeaWithin

Post by AnIdeaWithin »

Hello rednoah,

thanks for the reply. Can't try all this now, but it helped me understand the mechanics a bit better already.

I've read your reply to the "full syntax of --filter" question in the other thread, but still: An explicit doc page with examples would make the life of filebot beginners more easy. One more question in this context: Is it possible via "--filter" to force filebot to ignore the parent/ancestor dir[s] of the current dir in it's query finding algorithm?
rednoah wrote: The current releases can't work with season-from-folder/episode-from-file naming scheme so you'd have add --filter "s == 3" if you wanted to rename Season 3 episodes.

The latest betas have a special case for "Season X/NN" naming though so try r1620+ and it'll work. Check FAQ.
Ah okay, I'll check that. Relieves me of the mmv "??-*" "S#1E#2-#3" step.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't do much about the query finding methods, but the better folders and things are named so the matcher will always narrow down on the correct episode match.

You can't change the logic but I can fine-tune some data files. Here's more info:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=360

The syntax of the --filter is exactly the same as the naming scheme, except only the episode data bindings are available and you pass in a boolean expression.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.