issue with special caracters

Any questions? Need some help?
gdelc
Donor

Re: issue with special caracters

Post by gdelc »

seems you resolved the problem...

seems remains an underlying problem. Explanations:
remotely i'm kicked. every file with accents is f**k'ed up by mediainfo.
So i copied locally my 5.7Go mkv file and the mediainfo sorted out correctly the exact same file.

Is there any timeout query ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you mean it's working now???? Cause i didn't do anything except force NFD before I pass things to libmediainfo.

Also I have no idea what the rest is about. Timeouts for what? I guess all network requests have timeout automatically so it can't block the app indefinitely.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gdelc
Donor

Post by gdelc »

the NFD trick might have been good.

Speek abou timeouts because the mediainfo check on the file on a local hard drive takes about 5 seconds, and on a network share as local disk give's up. Could have searched for centuries... happy to be a "couchpotato" that hardly quits an idea :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, libmediainfo is local filesystem / or network share that get treated like local files. There's no timeout for those basic IO operations. It's pretty fast on Windows anyway.
gdelc
Donor

Post by gdelc »

looks like it's pretty low on mac os in wifi wit nfs to hfs conversion... but it's more accurate than afp nor samba to me !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea. You can check with zenitram from mediainfo if this can be improved. I doubt it though, nothing to be done if FS read-ops just take that long.
gdelc
Donor

Post by gdelc »

No need to check, as strange as it seems, thru my amc script in CLI, it works with files that does not by -mediainfo flag or GUI mode... weird but nice :)
gdelc
Donor

Post by gdelc »

of course, made donation, you truly deserve it ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess it's (3) libmediainfo unicode support is a bit broken on Mac. I can pass a pointer to a UTF-32LE null-terminated memory buffer and it'll only work for ASCII files. Forcing NFD does not make a difference. Also non-Roman characters like 你好 fail and these characters should a unambiguous code points.

MediaInfo has new APIs for streaming, so instead of passing in a file path to MediaInfo I now read all the required data from Java and the just pass in the byte[] to libmediainfo which seems to work fine and avoids any sort of file path issues on the mediainfo side.