Having troubles with format scripting.

Any questions? Need some help?
NeonLightning

Having troubles with format scripting.

Post by NeonLightning »

i know i can run groovy stuff through the episode format and this

Code: Select all

F:\TV\{c{info.certification} ?: "No Known Rating"}\{n.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Edition $1')}\Season {s.pad(2)}\E{e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}
is what i have sofar. next thing i'm trying to do is add exceptions to force it to think certain shows have different certifications. like i don't have an objection to my kids watching "Never Ever Do This At Home" but its in the TV-MA folder and i don't want them going through there or "D-Day As It Happens" being in TV-Y7 and i'd rather it be in TV-PG. plus it would help me to go through the "No Known Rating" folder.

any suggestions on how i'd do so or if its possible?

i'm thinking possibly best using a csv file

read Name;Certification
get {info.certification}
get {n}
check if {n} == Name
if it is replace {info.certification}
if not add to csv with Name;certification
??
not sure how i'd do so i've never used csv i tend to just work with one value at a time.
but my biggest hurdling block is understanding how to change a value that was already called i'm guessing .After
i've tried doing some if then else in the format but only somewhat got it working on my attempts.
NeonLightning

Re: Having troubles with format scripting.

Post by NeonLightning »

F:\TV\{c{info.certification} ?({c(n=="Amercian Pickers") ?: info.certification.match('TV-PG':'TV-G')}): "No Known Rating"}\{n.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}\Season {s.pad(2)}\E{e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}
i end up with

Script142$_run_closure2@475e0f30
where it should say the certification
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

With that much custom logic it's gonna get messy either way.

I'd use =~ regex so you can easily add more shows via a|b|c|d regex syntax. And then with my custom match function you can have multiple mappings. It's kinda like switch/case but you pass in the mappings like below:

{def pg = info.certification; (n =~ 'Amercian Pickers|Dexter' ? pg.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', '':'No Rating') : null) ?: pg}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

F:\TV\{if ({n}=='Amercian/ Pickers') {"TV-G"}else if ({info.certification}==""){"No Known Rating"}else {info.certification}}\{n.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}\Season {s.pad(2)}\E{e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}
latest attempt
doesn't seem to do anything other than make the "No Known Rating" be blank now.. atleast this one doesn't error out?

i tried

{def pg = info.certification; (n =~ 'Amercian Pickers|Dexter' ? pg.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', '':'No Rating') : null) ?: pg}
and its doin the same thing as my last attempt as in all it seems to have done is borked the "no known Rating.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is the test for empty string like in your code:

{''.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', '':'No Rating')}
This is the test for null value:

{null.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', null:'No Rating')}
I think certification will be null and not empty string if undefined, so use null-check instead.
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

not sure where to put that null.match but sofar as i said its not even parsing the american pickers one as anything other than what info.certification shows. i tried removing the last null and adding the : to after the ? but that just seems to make any pg as g and any 14 as g
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I just showed you my test cases. You can work with specific values and see what happens. Just test things step by step like this.

This works with the default sample data:

{n} {certification} => {def pg = info.certification; (n =~ 'Firefly' ? pg.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', null:'No Rating') : null) ?: pg}
It's gonna evaluate to Firefly TV-14 => TV-G.

Now lets see what happens if certification is null:

{n} {certification} => {def pg = null; (n =~ 'Firefly' ? pg.match('TV-14':'TV-G', 'TV-PG':'TV-G', null:'No Rating') : null) ?: pg}
Output: Firefly TV-14 => No Rating

Not exactly sure what logic you want but you can easily modify the first sample for any kinda of replacement logic.
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

issue i see is inability to have two shows with same certification be parsed as two others.. eg both "D-Day As It Happens" and "Avatar The Last Airbender" are normally TV-7 but i want Avatar to goto TV-G and D-Day to goto TV-PG.

also from what i can tell
{(n =~ 'Firefly' ? info.certification.match('TV-14':'TV-G'): null) ?: info.certification}
does pretty much the same thing as your suggestion.... i'm guessing i'm totally off base since only languages i know anything about is qbasic and a little bash...

btw sorry to be such a pain. reading your help on other posts has been rather helpful to me sofar
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

GOT IT!
using csv. sadly don't know how to use the append command or i'd have it write any new ones to the csv.

{def a; new File('F:/TV/names.csv').splitEachLine(';'){ if (n == it[0]) a = it[1]}; a ?: {c{info.certification} ?: "No Known Rating"}}
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

grr..... closed it and reopened it now i'm getting script run errors again...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you really just wanna hardcode the PG rating for certain shows? That logic is pretty much the same as forcing a series name.

{def a; new File('D:/pg.csv').splitEachLine(';'){ if (n == it[0]) a = it[1]}; a ?: info.certification ?: "No Known Rating"}
Where pg.csv would look like this:

Firefly;TV-PG
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

With r1649 I added some convenience functions for these kinda use-cases:

{csv('D:/pg.csv').get(n) ?: info.certification ?: 'No Rating'}
Didn't make it into the v3.61 release though.
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

really glad you did so but i'm not quite following how its used.
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

oh ok n is getting pulled as a label basically and the first part pulls whatever n is labelling and the rest is just else ifs
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

rednoah wrote:With r1649 I added some convenience functions for these kinda use-cases:

{csv('D:/pg.csv').get(n) ?: info.certification ?: 'No Rating'}
Didn't make it into the v3.61 release though.
just tried it and it seems to pull them but its not naming them unless they have a rating. its not handling no rating properly just giving me a blank(aka sending them to F:\TV\ instead of F:\No Known Rating\
NeonLightning

Post by NeonLightning »

F:\TV\{csv('F:/TV/names.csv').get(n) ?: c{info.certification} ?: "No Known Rating"}\{n.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}\Season {s.pad(2)}\E{e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'").lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')} 
this seems to work