Rename Folders Too

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename Folders Too

Post by rednoah »

Why do you have movie files in your root folder?

This script is designed to be very simple:
1. Rename movie folders
2. How do we know if a folder is a movie folder? If there is at least 1 video file.

Basically it assumes that your movies are already organised in 1-movie-1-folder style. You'd only need to movie folders as a whole if you already have artwork and organised everything right?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
afsd

Post by afsd »

Ah I see. That was a rookie error for sure! Thanks for the quick reply.

Also, is there a script like this that takes into account that some torrents are downloaded into sub folders, for example:
\[root]\[movie name]\CD1\[file].avi
\[root]\[movie name]\CD2\[file].avi
\[root]\[movie name]\subs\[subtitle file].srt

At the moment it changes both avi [file]s to the same name.

Maybe something that says treat each folder directly underneath the root folder as one movie package (and do not recursively go another level down to find other movie packages)?

I ultimately would love to have everything from a bittorrent download within one folder directly under the root folder (so the two avi files above for example placed: (don't mind the convention to distinguish between CD1 and CD2 - would prefer whichever XBMC prefer!; also the subs/artwork taken out of their respective sub directories and placed in the same folder etc. and renamed to kind of standard)
\[root]\[movie name]\[file]CD1.avi
\[root]\[movie name]\[file]CD2.avi
\[root]\[movie name]\[subtitle file].srt

I see there is a utorrent script you have made, would that work for this job?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, the renall folder-mode script is really just for renaming folders, usually folders that are already reasonably organized. If you want to organize random data into folders there are much better ways to do it, and you'd do it based on files, not folders.

So there is the utorrent script which is the most advanced and can be used standalone without utorrent, sortivo is a simplified version of that. Also a simple cmdline -rename -r --output /out --db themoviedb /in will probably already do the trick.

e.g.

Code: Select all

filebot -rename "Movies" -r --output "mout" --format "{n} {y}/{movie}" --db themoviedb --action test
PS: Basically this has nothing todo with "rename folders", in fact exactly that's what you don't wanna do. :P You can just use that cmdline above or if you're looking for download automation you should just go for utorrent script, that's what it's for. ;)
afsd

Post by afsd »

I would love to give the fn:utorrent-postprocess script a go on a standalone basis on my already downloaded files. Have searched but couldn't find any guidance on that?

First thing I need to change from this code:

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "X:/path/to/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
is "--action copy" to --action move" (as I do not need to seed these files)

What about the utorrent specific variables?
Should I ignore them?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Standalone Usage
You can use the script directly from the cmdline like this, by just adding files as arguments instead of the utorrent parameters.

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "/path/to/input/" --output "X:/path/to/output" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict
Just add --action test and run it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:: UPDATE ::

In FileBot 3.1 you can just Link-Drop in folders if you want to process the folders themselves rather than the files in the folders:

Here's a video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbHPC0o4Uqo
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

I have renamed all folders and files and reorganized the folders them so I can use them with XBMC (and smart playlists).

Maybe I have choosen a not so good format for a new thing I want (display "Directors Cut"... in XBMC) I think of renaming folders and files again. But since I use now some XBMC .nfo files I do not want to move filebot anything, just rename.

The new solution to do that is to just drag and drop the folders in filebot?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

boe

Re: fn:renall

Post by boe »

rednoah wrote:Updated fn:renall with an extra option to make it target movie folders for renaming rather than single files:

filebot -script fn:renall "path/to/movies" --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --def target=folder
I recommend first running it in test mode to see if everything is detected alright:

filebot -script fn:renall "path/to/movies" --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --def target=folder --action test --log info
EDIT:
Listed fn:renall with the others => http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 2211#p2211
Thanks. Sorry for being obtuse but my directory structure is like this

Archer/Season 1
/Season 2
/Season 3

Ash vs. Evil Dead / Season 1
/ Season 2

Is there a way to get it to rename the root folder by the TV series first air date?
rednoah
The Source

Re: fn:renall

Post by rednoah »

boe wrote:Is there a way to get it to rename the root folder by the TV series first air date?
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The output path is defined by the format so you have full control over the output path (i.e. folder and filenames). Please read FAQ #1.

FYI: whatever you're trying to do, this thread probably has nothing to do with it
boe

Post by boe »

OK - if I have a g: drive filled with TV shows.
Under the G: drive I have a TV folder at the root
Under the tv folder I have subfolders based on the name of the TV show - e.g. archer, ash vs. evil.
Under the tv show name I have subfolders based on the season of that show.

I'd like to change the name of the tv show folder to the first air date of that show - e.g. change archer to Archer (2010)
and perhaps season 1 to Season 1 (2010)
season 2 to Season 2 (2011) etc.

Ash vs. Evil Dead to Ash vs. Evil Dead (2015).

All the TV shows are already renamed so now I'm wondering about what I can do with the folders and or subfolders.

I'm happy to start a new thread if this is unrelated.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Make a new thread and illustrate the path scheme you want (i.e. give us an example of a full episode file path).

BAD:
boe wrote:Under the G: drive I have a TV folder at the root
Under the tv folder I have subfolders based on the name of the TV show - e.g. archer, ash vs. evil.
Under the tv show name I have subfolders based on the season of that show.
GOOD:

X:/TV Shows/Alias/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
boe

Post by boe »

OK. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!