Link drop not working

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
DarkLite1

Link drop not working

Post by DarkLite1 »

I'm on Fedora and on the latest version of FileBot installed through snap. When I select a bunch of folders, hold CTRL + SHIFT + Drag and drop, it just drops the content and not the folders only. The strange thing is that I can see the mouse pointer change icon to a little arrow, so I know it recognizes the link drop request. But it's just not executing correctly.

Questions:
- Can this be fixed?
- If not, or I'm wrong, can there be a load button for link drop only?

version:

Code: Select all

snap-id: JlrNGBIqwjdB64Hq94WTbELDWCjFwhta
commands:
  - filebot
tracking:    stable
installed:   4.7.9 (9) 178MB -
refreshed:   2017-04-03 20:57:18 +0200 CEST
channels:              
  stable:    4.7.9 (9) 178MB -
  candidate: 4.7.9 (9) 178MB -
  beta:      4.7.9 (9) 178MB -
  edge:      4.7.9 (9) 178MB -
Thanks again for the great work. love your tool!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Link drop not working

Post by rednoah »

Have you already tried all the other modifier key combinations? If you old SHIFT (or CTRL, or ALT, etc) while clicking on the Load button, that should have the same effect.

:idea: I rarely test the GUI on Linux, and never on Fedora, so there might be minor issues.

:idea: What are you trying to do anyway? The link-drop trick is rarely a good solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

I've just tried your suggestion, holding SHIFT (or ALT or CTRL) at the same time while clicking the LOAD button, This does indeed open the explorer window and I can select multiple folders. But when they are selected I can't click OK to load them in the GUI.

The only thing I'm trying to do is to load the folders in the GUI so they can be renamed instead of the files within the folders.

When I try the command line, it renamed the files in the folder and not the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

filebot -rename /home/DarkLite1/Documents/My movie
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Treating folders as if they were a single unit is a hidden feature in the GUI and not supported in the CLI.

rednoah wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 18:45What are you trying to do anyway? The link-drop trick is rarely a good solution.
What aspect of what you're trying to do can't be achieved by moving files into a new folder structure?

e.g.

filebot -rename -r /path/to/input/folder --db TheMovieDB --output /path/to/Media --format {plex}
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

I'm not used to using the command line, but if it's possible, it would be great if you could show me. I have a bunch of folders that I would like to have renamed to the correct movie title. Their content needs to be kept as is, no renaming, nothing. Would that be possible?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Keeping random extra files that you keep in your movie folders. No, not really supported. That's that one use case where the Link-drop trick makes sense.

Keeping the original file name when organizing video files. Yes, use {fn} in your custom format.
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

Can you show me the full command line for number 2? That would be good too, then I just have to take a look in the left over folders to see if there's something I still need.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Same as the above, except with a different format.

You probably want a format like this:

Movies/{ny}/{fn}
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

Ah, now I finally understand the concept of not handling a folder but a collection. Thank you for the more than amazing support.

Having the same problem as this guy viewtopic.php?t=1763 so probably better of adding -no-xattr
jonskin

Post by jonskin »

I was having the same problem on a Mac. Holding down the Option and Command keys during a drag works for me...