Need help with cmd line script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
vballrican
Donor

Need help with cmd line script

Post by vballrican »

hello everyone, I have this script and it's creating the folders correctly but it's leaving the filenames the same as the original... specifically testing with movies right now. Any help is appreciated.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "H:/Media" --log-file amc.log --action copy -non-strict "H:/Test Movies" --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "seriesFormat=H:/Media/TV/{n} {[certification, Genre]}/{'S'+s}/{fn}" "animeFormat=H:/Media/Anime/{n} {[certification, Genre]}/{fn}" "movieFormat=H:/Media/Movies/{n} ({y}) {[certification, Genre]}/{fn}" "musicFormat=H:/Media/Music/{n}/{fn}" excludeList=amc.txt

Thanks,

vballrican
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need help with cmd line script

Post by rednoah »

What does {fn} mean?

Why are you overriding --output base path in your --format if it's the same anyway?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

rednoah wrote:What does {fn} mean?

Why are you overriding --output base path in your --format if it's the same anyway?
Sorry i'm not very familiar with scripting... I changed {fn} to just {n} and now it renames the filename.

basically, I have a folder with a bunch of movies to rename the way I want them. Folder with name, year, certification, and genre. then the movie just name and year. If I can do that and leave them in the existing Movies folder without having to copy them, please let me know how. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Right now with the above script and a few changes, it does what I want but I have to manually delete the original folder and file... :|

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read up on how the format works. There's plenty of examples on the website and here in the forums.

Read up on all the amc script options. You might find what you're looking for.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

rednoah wrote:1.
Read up on how the format works. There's plenty of examples on the website and here in the forums.

Read up on all the amc script options. You might find what you're looking for.
I have read everything on here and the script stuff and that's why I asked for help... because I can't figure a few things out... mainly how to delete the old item or just move the new one...

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Example: {n} - {s00e00} - {t}
fn = file name
n = series/movie name
s00e00 = season / episode numbers
t = episode title
--action [move, copy] : Rename action
--def deleteAfterExtract=y Delete archives after extraction
--def clean=y Automatically remove empty folders and clutter files that may be left behind after moving the video files or temporary extracted files after copying
@see https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
@see https://www.filebot.net/cli.html
@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

Copy & Paste Service. Donation appreciated.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

rednoah wrote:
Example: {n} - {s00e00} - {t}
fn = file name
n = series/movie name
s00e00 = season / episode numbers
t = episode title
--action [move, copy] : Rename action
--def deleteAfterExtract=y Delete archives after extraction
--def clean=y Automatically remove empty folders and clutter files that may be left behind after moving the video files or temporary extracted files after copying
@see https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
@see https://www.filebot.net/cli.html
@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

Copy & Paste Service. Donation appreciated.
Ok, so I know getting an answer for help, etc is contingent upon the person answering and I appreciate your help but... I've already seen all of this. Also, you asked in your first response what is {fn} and yet, in this last response, {fn} is the second thing on your list. :|

I will continue to change the script until I either delete all my stuff or get it to work... Thanks.