[Feature Request] Files to Folder Option

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
evily2k

[Feature Request] Files to Folder Option

Post by evily2k »

I was wondering if we could get an feature for FileBot to add some kind of option so after you rename your movies you could add all those movies to a folder named after the movie name. Currently I am accomplishing this with a bash script on linux that looks like this:
  • File_to_Folder.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
find . -type f ! -name "*script*" | while read file;
do
    f=$(basename "$file")
    f1=${f%.*}
	if [ "$f" = "File_To_Folder.sh" ]; then
 		echo SKIP true
        else
    		mkdir "$f1"
    		mv "$f" "$f1"
	fi
done  
It works if the script is in the movies directory and the script has to be named Files_To_folder.sh for everything to work properly. But since it was easy enough to write a script for this I feel like it could be easily implemented into FileBot. But then again I dont know how hard it would actually be since my coding skills are not very good lol. But yeah let me know if you'd do this, it would be great!
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Feature Request] Files to Folder Option

Post by rednoah »

FileBot is perfectly capable of doing all of that in one go. Please read the FAQ or watch the video tutorials.

If you want your files to be moved into a folder structure then you just need to specify your format accordingly.

Note that rename and move is the same operation on a computer, so don't get confused by rename/move because it's the same thing.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.