AMC script suddenly puts all new episodes (tv shows) into 'Unsorted' folder

Support for macOS users
Mattityahu

AMC script suddenly puts all new episodes (tv shows) into 'Unsorted' folder

Post by Mattityahu »

I've been using the AMC script for a long time now with the latest version of qBittorrent on my Mac Mini. So far, it has worked flawlessly, renaming and reorganizing all my downloaded files into the correct folders and episodes.

Unfortunately, a few weeks ago the script stopped working as usual after my torrent client finished downloading well-known tv shows (episodes) like Vikings and The Crown. When finishing every episode of a tv show now, it simply puts everything in the "Unsorted"-folder. It still works perfectly with movies.

My system is a Drobo with two folders: One called 'Downloads' with everything is downloaded to by qBit, and another called 'Media' with everything is renamed and put into afterwards and which my Plex library looks into.

I'm using the following script command line in the field "Run external program on torrent completion" in qBit:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/Drobo/Media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "/Volumes/Drobo/amc.log" --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=n artwork=n "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
Since I'm just a nobody when it comes to scripting and coding, I can only see from my log.-files that something is failing in the fetching process when the script is running, but I don't have any idea of how to solve it.

Can anyone help?

Systems and logs are:
qBittorrent v4.2.1
Filebot v. 4.8.5 (6224)
AMC log: https://easyupload.io/b1iva5
AMC excludes log: https://easyupload.io/2jay3t
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC script suddenly puts all new episodes (tv shows) into 'Unsorted' folder

Post by rednoah »

You're using FileBot 4.7.9 (at least for the command-line tools) which are no longer functional:
viewtopic.php?t=11254

:arrow: You'll need to upgrade to FileBot 4.8.5 or higher.

:!: If you have purchased FileBot on the Mac App Store, but also need the latest command-line tools, then we're in a pickle, because you'll have to switch to the universal edition with standalone license for that, unfortunately, due to Apple Mac App Store limitations:
viewtopic.php?t=5983

:arrow: This will somewhat alleviate the issue though:
viewtopic.php?t=9517
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mattityahu

Post by Mattityahu »

rednoah wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 00:05 1.
You're using FileBot 4.7.9 (at least for the command-line tools) which are no longer functional:
viewtopic.php?t=11254

:arrow: You'll need to upgrade to FileBot 4.8.5 or higher.

:!: If you have purchased FileBot on the Mac App Store, but also need the latest command-line tools, then we're in a pickle, because you'll have to switch to the universal edition with standalone license for that, unfortunately, due to Apple Mac App Store limitations:
viewtopic.php?t=5983

:arrow: This will somewhat alleviate the issue though:
viewtopic.php?t=9517
1. Hmh, it says that the version is 4.8.5? See this screenshot below, but I'm sure that you know more about it than me.
Screendump: https://easyupload.io/bhkudd

2. Yes, I'm using the version downloaded from the Mac App Store (I bought it in 2015). So, I need a new version of Filebot that is now availeble anymore via App Store in order to get the AMC script working again?

3. Great, so since I've bought the App Store version before January 2019, I can send you proof of this in a PM and get a 1 year license to the bundle version, then install that, delete the App Store version, and the it should fix my problems?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, the Mac App Store (GUI only) package is on the latest version, but you wouldn't be able to run the amc script script with that, so you must have another FileBot installed somewhere for the command-line tools to work. Just run filebot -version in Terminal and you'll see.

Well, the Mac App Store package never ever had support for the command-line tools in the first place, regardless of version. So if you needed the filebot command-line tools in the past, you would have had to install FileBot 4.7.9 (last free release) independently alongside your MAS purchase.

Yes. The new PKG installer package will install both GUI and command-line tools.
Mattityahu

Post by Mattityahu »

rednoah wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 17:04 1.
Yes, the Mac App Store (GUI only) package is on the latest version, but you wouldn't be able to run the amc script script with that, so you must have another FileBot installed somewhere for the command-line tools to work. Just run filebot -version in Terminal and you'll see.

Well, the Mac App Store package never ever had support for the command-line tools in the first place, regardless of version. So if you needed the filebot command-line tools in the past, you would have had to install FileBot 4.7.9 (last free release) independently alongside your MAS purchase.

Yes. The new PKG installer package will install both GUI and command-line tools.
1. You were right about the version. Just ran the terminal command. Damn...

2. Ok, maybe it was just luck that it has been working until now then.

3. Perfect. I've just send you a PM with a screenshot/proof.
Mattityahu

Post by Mattityahu »

Okay, now I've got the license from you, rednoah, and I've downloaded the these two packaages from the download site:

macOS installer: FileBot_4.8.5.pkg
macOS app bundle: FileBot_4.8.5.app.tar.xz

And installed them both and thereafter, I ran the license that I got from you.

However, now the qBittorrent/the script does not do anything at all after finishing an episode of for example the latest version of Vikings. I'm still using the exact same script line shown in my first post above. Do I need to change something in my script line in qBitorrent, or is it maybe something else I need to do to get it working? It seems like that the program is not running at all after finishing a torrent now. :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You only need to install via the *.pkg installer package. The *.tar.xz archive is not an installer package, you can only extract it, not install it.

:?: What did you do to "install" the *.tar.xz package? This might be a clue as to why the *.pkg install isn't working.

The *.pkg installer package will have created a link at /usr/local/bin/filebot which can then be used to call filebot.

Mattityahu wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 16:46 However, now the qBittorrent/the script does not do anything at all after finishing an episode of for example the latest version of Vikings. I'm still using the exact same script line shown in my first post above. Do I need to change something in my script line in qBitorrent, or is it maybe something else I need to do to get it working? It seems like that the program is not running at all after finishing a torrent now. :(
What does the log say? If it's not running then there's no log though. If it's installed, and if you can call it manually, then it can't not run when called by qBT though.

:idea: So it's either check the log and see what it says, or open Terminal and call /usr/local/bin/filebot -version and see what it says.

EDIT:

:idea: These things can be tricky for newcomers, so if you can, then I recommend asking a computer-savvy friend for help IRL as these things are pretty easily-solved with hands-on-keyboard the and appropriate background. ;)
Mattityahu

Post by Mattityahu »

1. Hmm, I dont remember what I did with the tar.xz other than clicking on it. But Im sure I also installed the .pkg package just by following the instructions when I clicked on it after download. Could it be an idea to delete Filebot completely from the machine and then only reinstall the .pkg version and then activiate it of course?

2. I just tested it again, and there is NO log. So it's not running, and when I run /usr/local/bin/filebot -version in Terminal, it replies with "No such file in directory". So, it seems that something fundamental about the new installment is not correct, right?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Removing all versions / editions of FileBot that you may have installed somewhere or lying around somewhere first, and then only installing via the PKG, is probably a good idea.

If /usr/local/bin/filebot doesn't exist, or if it links to a non-existing path, then the filebot command-line tool indeed can't work.

a. /usr/local/bin/filebot is the standard path, which then links to wherever FileBot is actually installed, by default, as follows:

$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/filebot
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  51 Jan 19 13:29 /usr/local/bin/filebot -> /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh

b. If the link is valid, then filebot will work:

$ /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -version
FileBot 4.9.0 (r7047) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 13.0.2 / Mac OS X 10.15.2 (x86_64)
Mattityahu

Post by Mattityahu »

I think it works now! Just tested it with two episodes of some tv shows.

I simply just deleted all Filebot software on the Mac, rebooted and then installed only the .pkg package again and activated it with the license you sent me... And VOILA! So far, it has renamed everything perfectly and created a log.

I'm testing with a movie now and see how that goes, but I cant imagine that it wont work now that the other does. It must have been something with both having the App Store version and the .pkg installed at the same time that screwed it up. I'll update this if it does not work but really dont think so.

Thank you so much for your help!!!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I think macOS has some strange behaviour where it'll try to find existing app bundles (from anywhere on the system!) and then upgrade that location, instead of installing into /Applications. Not an issue if you install fresh, but could be the issue here if you already had one or more package installed somewhere.