Mac App Store V5 update

Support for macOS users
kikker123

Mac App Store V5 update

Post by kikker123 »

Wondering if the Mac App Store version will get an update to V5 sometime soon? Have purchased my licensed there and are eager to see an update. Has been over a year since that version has been updated.

rednoah
The Source

Re: Mac App Store V5

Post by rednoah »

The Mac App Store and Microsoft Store versions are usually released 2-3 weeks after the public release. The primary reason being that you can't choose to downgrade or rollback if the new version doesn't work for you for one reason or another.

:arrow: You can however request a free complimentary 1-year license for testing purposes:
viewtopic.php?t=10881
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kikker123

Re: Mac App Store V5 update

Post by kikker123 »

Hi

It has been close to 3 months now since FileBot 5.0 has been released and FileBot 5.0.2 is out already. App Store version is still on 4.9.7.

Any idea when I can see the update on the App Store?

Edzard
rednoah
The Source

Re: Mac App Store V5 update

Post by rednoah »

Now that FileBot 5.0.2 has been released, we will wait and see, and if no serious issues come up over the course of the next 2-3 weeks, then this release will be pushed to the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store, as always.

:arrow: I'd be happy to provide a free 1-year complimentary license for the non-Store edition if you want to use it right away and help us find issues. Just PM me with your email address.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.