Extension: Preserve Rename option?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
jouwerkerk

Extension: Preserve Rename option?

Post by jouwerkerk »

I've been using the filebot amc script a few weeks now and I absolutely love it!

I have one issue while renaming files though: It quite often deletes the extension. Now I've read in the FAQ (http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7) that this is caused by Extension: Override in the Rename options. This should be set to Extension: Preserve instead.

However I have no idea how i set this option via the command line? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything. How can I change my Rename option for Extensions back to Preserve? Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Extension: Preserve Rename option?

Post by rednoah »

If you use FileBot from cmdline it will let NEVER EVER let you override the extension, even if you wanted to, so there is no options.

Give me the amc logs where this happens and I'll have a look.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jouwerkerk

Post by jouwerkerk »

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, I couldn't find anything in the log.

I then found out it was actually CouchPotato's rename functionality that renamed the files without extension, instead of filebot. The files where long moved by CouchPotato, before the filebot command in the cronjob could pick them up.. I turned CouchPotato's rename functionality off and now everything works like a charm! You can consider this problem solved. ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Figures...

btw if you run via cron job make sure you set excludeList to avoid multiple processing of the same files:

Code: Select all

--def excludeList=amc.txt
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.