Help with script for Synology

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Makeveral

Help with script for Synology

Post by Makeveral »

Hello,

First of all thanks for your job! Was looking for something like this for a long time :P

I installed filebot package for synology and i'm planning to add a cron task every day to rename and get subtitles of my videos.

I'd like to rename and download subtitles in spanish and english. This are the commands:

filebot -rename --db TVRage -r -non-strict /volume1/video/Series/RSS/

filebot -get-missing-subtitles --lang en --encoding UTF-8 -non-strict -r /volume1/video/Series/RSS/

filebot -get-missing-subtitles --lang es --encoding UTF-8 -non-strict -r /volume1/video/Series/RSS/

From the terminal it works fine but when i use cronn it didnt work (not all of them) but dont know why... Maybe there's a way to put all that in a single command? I guess the problem is the multiple language subtitles.

regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with script for Synology

Post by rednoah »

No idea why it wouldn't work, and it's probably got nothing to do with how many commands you call.

But you can quite easily use filebot scripting to do all of that in a single filebot -script ... command.
http://www.filebot.net/script.html

EDIT:
It's a very bad idea to just call -rename -r on all your data every day. You're just putting unecessary load on TVRage or any other remote datasource as filebot will grab all episode data over and over everday (actually every 2 days because of filebots internal caching).

What you should do is a place where new media gets placed, and then the -rename call with --output and --format will move it into another folder structure, at least another folder so it's only processing new files, not all files all the time.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Makeveral

Re: Help with script for Synology

Post by Makeveral »

Ok! Will check scripts later and use the -output so it doesnt check everything everyday :P

thanks!