using new {plex} binding coming from old version

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
spinturtle

using new {plex} binding coming from old version

Post by spinturtle »

I was running an old, pre-license version of Filebot, and recently updated.
I've seen that there are new "binding" settings, and am curious if there's a way to optimize my current script.

Goal:rename movies/tvshows and copy them from FolderA to FolderB. FolderB is the library location for a plex server

Current Script:
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/media/spinturtle/MYBOOK/FolderB" --action copy --conflict auto -non-strict "/home/spinturtle/FolderA" --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y

Everything works fine, but would love to know if I'm missing some new stuff or could optimize better for plex
rednoah
The Source

Re: using new {plex} binding coming from old version

Post by rednoah »

Based on the recommended usage from amc script, re-applying your modifications, this would be the recommended call:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc "/home/spinturtle/FolderA" --output "/media/spinturtle/MYBOOK/FolderB" --action copy --conflict auto -non-strict  --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt --def unsorted=y

:idea: The amc script uses the {plex} format by default, so its already optimized for Plex by default.

:idea: You can look into the --def plex script option to request a re-scan every time files are added to the library. Not strictly necessary, but might make files appear in the library more quickly. There's also the FileBot Xattr Metadata Scanners & Plug-ins which might make Plex scan things more smoothly and quickly. This is also optional, and xattr support may be limited if we're working with remote file systems.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.