Tweaking the default naming scheme

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Phaetos

Tweaking the default naming scheme

Post by Phaetos »

Love the program, though all I use it for is to rename movie titles, which is where my issue arises. The default naming scheme wants to output the filenames as: Movie (Year), which is great, except when a movie is part of a collection, where the main title is used along with the subtitle for that movie, such as: Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (year). Filebot always wants to put a " : " after the main title. That is an invalid character when naming files, so you click validate and it removes the " : ", and leaves the title as in the line above. That space doesn't work for me. I prefer to use a " - " between the main title and the subtitle, but I don't want to do it for every file manually.

My question is how to get FB to default to that naming scheme with a "- " after the main title?

If this has been asked before I apologize, but there's a lot of pages and I don't have time to scour each one for this simple task.

Thanks ahead of time.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Tweaking the default naming scheme

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

{n.replace(': ', ' - ')}
@see http://www.filebot.net/naming.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Phaetos

Re: Tweaking the default naming scheme

Post by Phaetos »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I did read over that link before I asked. I don't see the replace function listed there.