file with multiple episodes

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
vletroye

file with multiple episodes

Post by vletroye »

Hi,

For some series, I have files containing multiple episodes. For such "files", the title of each episode is the same.

I when using a format like this one to match naming conventions of my Plex server: {n} - {s00e00} - {t}
But with this format, the new name for is like: SerieName - S01E01-E02 - Episode01Title & Episode02Title (year) [#episodes] where Episode01Title is the same as Episode02Title.

Instead, I would like simply: SerieName - S01E01-E02 - EpisodeTitle (year)

How would you recommand me to proceed? I found I could use {episode.title} instead of {t}. Is this the right approach ?
And if it is, I actually guessed that the object episode had a property title. Where can I find all the properties of the available objects ?
It's not listed here: http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

V.
rednoah
The Source

Re: file with multiple episodes

Post by rednoah »

This should work:

Code: Select all

{episodes.title.unique()}
There's less docs on the more internal stuff, cause it might change over time. So {episode} is listed, while internal properties are not.

The important stuff is self-documented in the application in the (x)= Bindings table.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vletroye

Re: file with multiple episodes

Post by vletroye »

Thanks for the tip... Unfortunately, it doesn't return anything.

Both for files with only one episode or several episodes inside, {episode.title.unique()} returns a blank, while {episode.title} returns the right title

> "less docs on the more internal stuff, cause it might change over time"
As I often say at work too, "the code is the doc" :p

V.