"The Renamer Way"

Any questions? Need some help?
DairyWinter

"The Renamer Way"

Post by DairyWinter »

I used The Renamer for several years, My whole library is a certain way and I like to keep it that way. Unfortunately The Renamer doesn't work in Windows 10.

The only software I could find that was giving me similar results is Filebot. Not free, but I signed up for it anyway. Credit to filebot for fetching Poster, I used Zeeb for this before.

I need help with Companion files, they don't rename with the movie. My fix for now it to use Advance Renamer to complete Filebot job.

imdb
tmdb [I don't care about that one] not generating it would be nice
Poster[I don't care about that one] not generating it would be nice
Folder.jpg
Automatically delete any unwanted file or folder within would be nice
Movie.nfo
They all have to have the same name except "Movie Name - imdb" The date only on the folder, I managed to figure this one out.

Exemple of how it should look:
Rambo (2008)
/
Rambo.mp4
Rambo - imdb
Rambo.nfo
Rambo.jpg
Rambo.srt
rednoah
The Source

Re: "The Renamer Way"

Post by rednoah »

I don't know the input file paths you're dealing with, so I can't give you a very specific answer. Please read How to Request Help for details.

In general, a custom format like like this should get you started:

Code: Select all

/path/to/Movies/{ny}/{n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)}
/path/to/Movies/ ... Organize files into a new folder structure. This allows you to separate named / not-yet-named files cleanly. Unwanted files are left behind in the original location.
ny ... Name (Year)
n ... Name
fn.match(/imdb/) ... Retain information from the original file name, i.e. if the current file name contain "imdb" then add "imdb" to the new file path as well.

:!: If you're processing companion files like *.nfo and *.jpg files along-side your movie files, you'll want to read Companion Files since there's different ways of dealing with them, which can make the solution above work or not work for you depending on how your files are currently named.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DairyWinter

Post by DairyWinter »

It's not easy, as for the screenshot I can't upload image here.

Folder/ The.Conjuring.The.Devil.Made.Me.Do.It.2021.1080p.
File/ 2_English.srt
File/ The.Conjuring.The.Devil.Made.Me.Do.It.2021.1080p.

After filebot **edit format option /
{ny}{'.'+fn.match('poster')}{' - imdb'+fn.match(imdb)}{'.'+fn.match('folder')}{'.'+fn.match('movie')}- {n.after}

Folder- Horror / Folder- The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)
File/The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It.mp4
The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It.srt
imdb
tmdb
movie
folder
poster
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40 Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
Please share file paths as text. You can copy file paths as text in matter of seconds by loading them into FileBot ➔ Original Files and then pressing the F7 key. Please click on the link above for more details on how this works. This will not only tell us the exact file path, but also if the companion files where matched to a movie file or not (assuming you hit F7 after matching your files against TheMovieDB first).

rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40 Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
Please use https://snipboard.io/ to upload your screenshot and then paste the URL here.
DairyWinter

Post by DairyWinter »

Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG.mp4	{"@type":"Movie","year":2021,"imdbId":10418662,"tmdbId":615658,"language":"en","id":615658,"name":"Awake","aliasNames":[]}
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\Subs\2_English.srt	{"@type":"Movie","year":2021,"imdbId":10418662,"tmdbId":615658,"language":"en","id":615658,"name":"Awake","aliasNames":[]}
https://we.tl/b-xJJIoTPgBY
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Input:

Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG.mp4
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\Subs\2_English.srt
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\folder.png
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\imdb.url
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\movie.nfo
Awake.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG\tmdb.url

Format:

~/{n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)}

Result:

:!: We spot our first problem. FileBot will not match folder.png to a Movie, so we can't rename that file alongside the other files, so a second step will be necessary. This second step could be your Advanced Renamer tool, but could also be a FileBot custom Preset in Plain File Mode.
DairyWinter

Post by DairyWinter »

It seemed to have worked, but post processed file still have to be re-run.
Only the .mp4 and .srt are named correctly in the first run.

I'm using this code you gave me: ~/{n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)}

I did a preset and I called it like this post.

If you can do better I'm willing to give you command in Team Viewer. Once I'm set correctly Ill be a subscriber for life.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DairyWinter wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 17:17 It seemed to have worked, but post processed file still have to be re-run.
Only the .mp4 and .srt are named correctly in the first run.
Just drop all your files in, and then the should all get matched to the same movie (except for the *.png file) and so the same format will give the same file names. Post screenshots on https://snipboard.io/ if you get different results from me. Your previous screenshots show that you only dropped in the *.mp4 and *.srt file, so that can easily be fixed by dropping the whole folder.

:idea: {n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)} is just an example on how the same format can yield different file names for different files (i.e. with our without imdb) but presumably you'll want to organize files into a {ny} folder as well, somewhere not your ~home folder, so adjust your format as needed.
DairyWinter

Post by DairyWinter »

That is what I did actually as ~ did output the file sowhere else and I needed to look for it after. So I entered the code: {ny}/{n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)}
Imdb was named correctlly and remain in my download folder, all the other post processed file did not have the suffix "- imdb" attached.

Post process files, I don't have them in the folder until Filebot generate them.
That's:
movie
poster
folder
imdb
tmdb

If the the post-process file could appear on the left window, maybe they would generate properly in the end.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. You're already using post-processing features to generate those files, not renaming existing files. Yep, that's different. Nothing you can do about renaming those files in the first pass then (since they only exist after the first pass).
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd just rename all the files, and stick how FileBot is naming things by default.

Alternatively, you can just do some generic rename automation, every now and then that picks up all the imdb|tmdb|folder|etc files and renames them:

filebot -rename -r /path/to/files --db file --filter "fn =~ /folder|imdb|tmdb|movie|tvshow/" --format "{folder.files.find{ it.video }.nameWithoutExtension}"

Rename files using [Plain File]
Include [Avatar (2009)/folder.png]
Include [Avatar (2009)/imdb.url]
Include [Avatar (2009)/movie.nfo]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/folder.png] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).png]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/imdb.url] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).url]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/movie.nfo] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).nfo]
:idea: You can put that into a *.cmd script so you can double-click on it to run it when desired.
DairyWinter

Post by DairyWinter »

{ny}/{n}{' - '+fn.match(/imdb/)}

This is working for everything exept "folder" that one will not rename cane you give me another format to add in the preset editor just for "folder" or one that will do all the post process file at once.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 16:53 :!: We spot our first problem. FileBot will not match folder.png to a Movie, so we can't rename that file alongside the other files, so a second step will be necessary. This second step could be your Advanced Renamer tool, but could also be a FileBot custom Preset in Plain File Mode.
Where exactly are you stuck?

Have you tried this?
rednoah wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 09:47 Alternatively, you can just do some generic rename automation, every now and then that picks up all the imdb|tmdb|folder|etc files and renames them:

filebot -rename -r /path/to/files --db file --filter "fn =~ /folder|imdb|tmdb|movie|tvshow/" --format "{folder.files.find{ it.video }.nameWithoutExtension}"

Rename files using [Plain File]
Include [Avatar (2009)/folder.png]
Include [Avatar (2009)/imdb.url]
Include [Avatar (2009)/movie.nfo]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/folder.png] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).png]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/imdb.url] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).url]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009)/movie.nfo] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).nfo]
:idea: You can put that into a *.cmd script so you can double-click on it to run it when desired.