Pulling manually updated metadata from TMDB

Any questions? Need some help?
tyrannicpuppy

Pulling manually updated metadata from TMDB

Post by tyrannicpuppy »

I spent last weekend updating the metadata for the satirical news television program Good News Week on TMBD. Which thanks to iTunes selling Season 6 of the show billed as Season 2 had completely wrong airdates, guest stars and a whole slew of other inaccuracies. But now when I try to use Filebot to rename the files I have for import into Plex, it still shows only the old data.

How do I go about forcing Filebot to use the revised data that is now showing correctly on TMDB? Is it just a matter of waiting for the data to filter down through the APIs? I checked on the forums there and it seems 24 hours should be sufficient for the info gathered to be correct, but it's been three days now and it's still pulling old data.

Link to the main season in question: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/12552-goo ... k/season/2
Image showing metadata in question in Filebot:

Names on the left are double-checked based on episodes as listed on Wikipedia using guest stars to confirm air dates and episode ordering, which I then used to update the information on TMDB. So far as I can tell, it should now be pulling the right info, but it's just not.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Pulling manually updated metadata from TMDB

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I'm getting at this point in time with no previously cached episode information:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --db TheMovieDB::TV --q 12552 --filter "s == 2" --log INFO
Good News Week - 2x01 - 14 February 1997
Good News Week - 2x02 - 21 February 1997
Good News Week - 2x03 - 28 February 1997
Good News Week - 2x04 - 7 March 1997
Good News Week - 2x05 - 14 March 1997

:idea: You can try a Clear Cache and see if that will give you fresher episode information. FileBot will typically cache things for half a week, so 1-3 days might not be enough for cache expiration. You can use the Episodes panel to get the episode listing. If it's instant, then you're working with cached information. If it takes a little while, then FileBot is waiting for the API to respond.

:!: You seem to have compressed the screenshot so I can't read the text. I recommend using https://snipboard.io/ next time.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tyrannicpuppy

Re: Pulling manually updated metadata from TMDB

Post by tyrannicpuppy »

You, my good sir, are a legend. Not only for making this software but knowing it so well and replying so quickly.

Totally fixed the issue. Apologies on the screenshot. I don't have to share them often, and always forget which sites are good for that. Added that one to my bookmarks for any future usage.

Thanks again for the assist.