AniDb romanji names in GUI

Any questions? Need some help?
ForceGaia

AniDb romanji names in GUI

Post by ForceGaia »

I've been using Filebot quite a bit, but having found out that i need to rename my entire anime archive to appease XBMC I'm looking for a bit of help, especially when it comes to Title localisation.

I can't find a way in the GUI to have Filebot use the romanji name of an anime, and it's driving me up the wall having to manually type it in for those with different English names. e.g. I want Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu instead of Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts

I've no problem with going though all 415 folders and formatting them that way but it would be nice to learn an easier way to do it.

I've also noticed that it keeps having trouble with the {group} binding, be it the wrong group, wrong spelling/casing or having trouble with collaboration tags (FTW is a collab between FFF and UTW, and filebot will give me one or the other but not FTW)

My objectives over my entire archive are:
  1. Rename all Anime using anidb
    1. Use the romanji name instead of english
    2. If not a special, add s01 to the front manually
  2. rename any .nfo or .jpg files to correspond to the episode, but ignore any called tvshow.nfo
  3. Name multi-episodes as s01e01-02-03 rather than s01e01-e02-e03
Are there any tricks i can use to help this process?
Reihar

Re: AniDb romanji names in GUI

Post by Reihar »

I can help you with at least the Romaji Title.
You need to edit the format in option: edit format. Switch until you reach the episode format. Use {primaryTitle} instead of {n} and it will use the "real" title which would be equivalent to the romaji title . As for the rest, I'm not sure wether it is possible but I would suggest reading the documentation.

Edit: adding a link to the format documentation.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

Thanks for that it's helped me along masses.

and i found a say to do the s01 prefix, here's my current naming scheme

Code: Select all

{primarytitle}_{episode.special ? s00e00.lower() : 's01e'+e.pad(2)}_[{group}][{crc32}]
still having issues with the {group} binding, but that's not going to be easily remedied
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{group} binding only works for known groups (or collaborations) so feel free to tell us the missing ones:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

The rest is all in the format. You can use {es} for multi-episode numbers.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

Why not grab a dump of groups off AniDB periodically? that way you'd get every version there is.

But i've also noticed it'll sometimes fail to bind the group on specific episodes e.g. an entire series uses [doki] as it's tag, but episodes 10 and 11 don't bind where the rest of it does.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

"Exiled-Destiny" and it's shortened "E-D" are on the list already but it fails to bind it 100% of the time for me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Does AniDB provide dumps of groups in computer-readable format? If yes provide links.

FileBot will recognize anything that's in the list, but nothing else. It will not try to guess shortened forms, collaborations, etc
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

"Exiled-Destiny" and "E-D" ARE both in the list, i checked.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

as for the dump, I just had a look and i thought the AniDB API was a bit more robust than that, i thought you'd be able to grab a group list