NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPSTRUCT

Any questions? Need some help?
Robert007

NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPSTRUCT

Post by Robert007 »

Filebot gives the following error when I attempt to RENAME a file:

Code: Select all

NoClassDefFoundErr: Could not initialize class com.sun.jra.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPTSTRUCT
I can load the file name, look up the correct name via source, and the correct name is matched and correct. When I click on RENAME, it get the error.

I've re-installed FileBot AND Java with the same result.

Please help!

Robert007
rednoah
The Source

Re: NoClassDefFoundErr

Post by rednoah »

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.7.8 (r4846)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.92.1
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-05-15 (r500)
Groovy: 2.4.8
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_131
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 23 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI

------------------- UPDATE AVAILABLE: FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984) --------------------

Done ?(?????)?

C:\Windows\system32>
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

I saw another post on the board like this and it said that both Java and Filebot must be 64 bit or should at least match. Mine does(64).

The problem started when I upgraded at the request of FileBot. I think the problem now is that I do not have Windows 10. It is listed as the minimum under the new version.

I also can not go back to the old version, as the installer goes online and installs the new version.

I'm lost....

I've tried to pay for the new version, but Windows Store says that it will not run on my device. It is actually running, it's only failing on the rename. All because I upgraded.....huge failure!

Robert007
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The sysinfo output looks good. You probably have multiple FileBot and Java installations, some of which work, some of which don't, and that's getting you confused.

I recommend uninstalling all versions of FileBot, and then only installing FileBot via the Windows Store. You will need Windows 10 for that.
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

Actually, I did a complete uninstall of Java and only installed the latest version. That didn't fix it. Then, I used Uninstall Pro to uninstall FileBot and did a clean install.

That didn't work either. So I'm hesitant to pay for something that worked, broke on upgrade, and now requires a payment which does nothing to assure me that it will be fixed. Seems to be a ploy to get free users to pay.....and to pay with only 'forum' support as tech support, well, I'm uneasy about it.

When the machine was clean, I tried Windows Store, but as I said, it indicated that Windows 10 was minimum and told me that it wouldn't run on my device!

I like the software and it works well when it works. But I see no guarantee that if I do as you suggest, they will get it installed and working or refund.

I'm happy to pay, but I'm in a dilemma.....

I do appreciate the assistance and hope I can get it working! But without some guarantee......
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This error means that you're running 64-bit FileBot with 32-bit Java, or 32-bit FileBot with 64-bit Java:

You will find more information about this common issue in the FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=7

The Windows Store package is always 64-bit and includes it's own private 64-bit JRE so this particular system configuration issue could not possibly be an issue in the Windows Store version.

@see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4622
Robert007

Re: NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPSTRUCT

Post by Robert007 »

Thanks but if you read above, you will see that both are 64 bit on my machine.

Either way, even on a clean machine, the store says it can not install to my device.

And I have looked at the other posts with this problem, only solution is to get from the store and that's a vicious circle....lol
rednoah
The Source

Re: NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPSTRUCT

Post by rednoah »

Robert007 wrote: Thanks but if you read above, you will see that both are 64 bit on my machine.
That's what you think, but it's not actually the case, according to the error message. Open the GUI (that doesn't work), press F5 twice, and see what it says (and post it here).

Robert007 wrote: Either way, even on a clean machine, the store says it can not install to my device.
Why not? Does it give you any reason? What version of Windows are you using? You just need Windows 10 with all the latest updates. Is it a clean Windows 10 Creators Update machine with all the latest updates? Really Really?
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

That's what you think, but it's not actually the case, according to the error message. Open the GUI (that doesn't work), press F5 twice, and see what it says (and post it here).:

I will certainly try this after I install FileBot again for the 20th time...lol Until then, I will trust that FileBot told me that it was 64 bit and I also trust Java, which is reporting 64 bit through the Control Panel.....

Why not? Does it give you any reason? What version of Windows are you using? You just need Windows 10 with all the latest updates. Is it a clean Windows 10 Creators Update machine with all the latest updates? Really Really?

NO! I am NOT WINDOWS 10! Even my logs show that I'm am Win 7. Actually, to my surprise, it shows a alsightly earlier version than 7.....but I am NOT WIN 10 and I don't want to be. I just want FileBot to work as it did before the "make you pay" upgrade.

I don't even mind paying, but this is a bit ridiculous. It's becoming quite circular, and if they expect me to upgrade to WIN 10 just to run this app, well, ah, no.
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

OK, so I guess this is closure....

I had this product on Win 7 and it ran just fine. I just tried to upgrade as the pop up suggested when I ran the program.

I know many here are much smarter than this old guy, but this is no way to do smart business. This is a great app. I would have gladly paid for it, GIVEN THE INFORMATION UP FRONT! But holding customers hostage is not smart business. I'm an unhappy client, the software no longer runs, and the upgrade in Windows Store tells me that I need WIN 10. And NOBODY has a solution? Why would I pay for this?

For those trying to help, I appreciate it! but requiring WIN 10 is a huge mistake. Being backward compatible is important.

A simple message during the pop up stating that all future versions require payment would have satisfied me. But with tech problems like this, and what seems to be less than honest marketing techniques, well, I'm not impressed with sales operations as much as I was the product.

I'm just an old user looking to use what was once a great product. I would have happily paid to support it.

I just don't have any more time to waste on this board(falsely labeled TECH SUPPORT), when I can be watching my favorite shows, faithfully renamed by your still free competition.

Robert007

PS-if your a tech troll with nothing better to do than to hassle non tech users, may I suggest a job as a Walmart Greeter? For those who tried to help, a sincere thanks, but no solution as of yet. And nothing intelligent lately....

PSS-Dear FileBot: If this is what you call tech support, well, I wish you the best......but this sucks. You have a customer ready to purchase, even with your STEAL the fee approach, and yet I can not get a solution to what should be a simple problem with a very clear error message. Please remind me why I would participate? Or provide a solution. Until than, I'm just an observer.

1) Had the error.
2) Did as instructed on SEVERAL postings with the same issue.
3) Windows Store says this app will not run on my device which is a laptop running WIN 7.
4) To tired wasting time......watching a show now.....zzzzzzz
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, the "easy" solution is only available for Windows 10 so if you're keen on using an outdated version of Windows then you'll need to make it work yourself. Based on previous reports here in the forums, I can tell you that this error most likely indicates that you're using a 32-bit JRE instead of a 64-bit JRE or something similar to that. If that's not the case, then I have no idea, maybe some other DLL hell kinda issue. Let us know if you figure it out.
Robert007

Post by Robert007 »

Windows 7 and 8 are still the most widely installed OS. Are you seriously asking me to upgrade my OS so that your new version will work? All for a utility? And now you are asking ME to provide my own Tech Support and then to share with you what I find?

I'm sorry, I don't have the time nor the ambition.

At this point, I just want the old version to work. But since I already have a process to name my video files, I guess I will just go back to using that.

The business model FileBot is implementing and the attitude toward Tech Support will be their downfall.

I had a version and it worked just fine. Why am I unable to download it anymore? Hmmmm.......GREED KILLS.

When it comes to installing software, and FileBot really is just a utility, albeit a good one, in 2017 people expect more.

You have a good product. Don't ruin it.

When someone gets it figured out, maybe I will look again at the utility. Until then, I have to move on......I enjoyed the product for a short time and would have 'donated?????" to upgrade, but blocking the old version and forcing Win 10 all for a utility is just ridiculous by any measure.

Thanks again for your comments.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Windows 7/8 versions works just fine for most people. I don't know what's different on your machine. I don't know what you changed that made it not work. Only you can figure it out.

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I told you everything I know. I cannot give you a magic solution. If I knew the answer to all your problems, I'd have just told you and be done with it.

You have not confirmed that you're running the GUI application with 64-bit Java (the F5 thing) when running as normal user. You have confirmed that the command-line tool running as Administrator is running with 64-bit Java, but that's not the same thing. I still have strong reason to believe that it's just a 32-bit vs 64-bit Java issue.

Robert007 wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 00:33 When it comes to installing software, and FileBot really is just a utility, albeit a good one, in 2017 people expect more.
This one made me chuckle. You mean like a "Store-like" experience? Where you just click the "Install" button and everything just works? I agree! That'd be great! If you were using the latest OS from 2017, that'd be exactly what you get. :lol:

Besides, "woulda coulda shoulda", maybe you would have donated, I have definitely (not maybe) already wasted my time with you, even though you're not a customer and have never contributed in anyway.

@see Tips from Calvin and Hobbes on how to be a good customer

I repeat, I did not block the old version. I never said that. Why would you think that? Something is not working on your machine. It's possible to make it work. But I don't know how, because your computer is at fault, not FileBot. It works for everyone else.

This thread is closed.