Filebot/AMC and german Umlaute

Any questions? Need some help?
Hullabaloo

Filebot/AMC and german Umlaute

Post by Hullabaloo »

Hello there,

I am new to the whole FileBot universe, but impressed of all the work you have put into the tool. Unfortunately the work I put into it isn´t that successful.

I am runnig FileBot via SSH on my Synology DS213j. I am trying to achieve, that Filebot sorts my episodes and movies in the right folders. Im trying this by using the amc Script

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc /volume1/video/sortme/ --output /volume1/video/ --action move -r --lang en --conflict skip --encoding utf8 -non-strict --def clean=y
I have several problems with this:

1. Each filename that contains äöü or other disturbing elements leads to errors like the following:
InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable chacraters: /volume1/video/TV Shows/30 Rock/Season 05/30 Rock - S05E13 - ?Qu? Sorpresa.avi
Here the original filename was 30.Rock.S05E13.Que.Sorpresa.avi so the problem is the renaming process of the script itself. This causes other files to be skipped and left over.
Parameter: clean = y
Argument: /volume1/video/series/30 Rock/Season 4
Done ?(?????)?
Here the original filename was "30 Rock - 404 - Problemlöser.avi". If I rename the file to "30 Rock - 404 - Problemloeser.avi" the script is working.

Is there a way to avoid these problems? I could not find a way to write a script tat renames the files automatically (Ö=>oe, delete special characters,...) or to handle the real filenames.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot/AMC and german Umlaute

Post by rednoah »

Pass in your own format that does the cleanup. Read the docs on the ascii() function:
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

e.g.

Code: Select all

{n.ascii()} ... {t.ascii()}
Though I find it odd that your system doesn't support unicode filenames. Maybe LANG is not setup correctly on your system. You might wanna read this:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 4699#p3848
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hullabaloo

Post by Hullabaloo »

As I learned now, the DS213j has no built-in UTF-8 Support. I managed to install UTF-8 on the NAS and the script worked fine besides that it does not delete the empty folders afterwards.

I followed this tutorial: http://www.synology-wiki.de/index.php/Locale-UTF8
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

With --def clean=y it will delete folders afterwards.

But I suppose by switching -r on the script gets passed in all files of all folders rather than just the root folder, thus can't delete any of the original input. So just don't specify -r and let amc script figure things out itself.

Also --encoding utf8 is meaningless as it's only used for subtitle download, and overriden in the amc script anyway if you were using it to download subs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.