Remove language from subtitle name
Remove language from subtitle name
Hi there,
Yesterday i got the utorrent-script working. Great program. Works wonderfull!
I've one urgent question: is it possible for filebot to name the subtitle without the language extention?
Now it is: subtitlename.en.srt
What i want is: subtitlename.srt
My mediaplayer won't recognise it with the language extention.
Grtz.
Jeroen
Yesterday i got the utorrent-script working. Great program. Works wonderfull!
I've one urgent question: is it possible for filebot to name the subtitle without the language extention?
Now it is: subtitlename.en.srt
What i want is: subtitlename.srt
My mediaplayer won't recognise it with the language extention.
Grtz.
Jeroen
Last edited by Calcky82 on 07 Oct 2013, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Re: ow to remove language from subtitle name
How files are named is defined in the format. You'll have to pass in your own format for any kind of customization.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Hello Rednoah,
Thanks for your quick response. I'm new to this. I'm using the utorrent-script. I know ther're a lot of predefined format expressions for all kinds of scenarios, and I know i can fil the format in the format editor.
But what if I want tot do it automatic using the utorrent script?
I'm searching and searchin and searching, but i can't find any information about it.
Please help me a little bit.
Thanks for your quick response. I'm new to this. I'm using the utorrent-script. I know ther're a lot of predefined format expressions for all kinds of scenarios, and I know i can fil the format in the format editor.
But what if I want tot do it automatic using the utorrent script?
I'm searching and searchin and searching, but i can't find any information about it.
Please help me a little bit.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Change how files will be organized and renamed:
You can override the default naming schemes via --def seriesFormat, animeFormat or movieFormat but make sure you understand how cmdline arguments work since you must escape double quotes via \", dollar signs, ampersands, etc otherwise the cmdline arguments will not be passed to FileBot as you may think. Relative paths will be resolved against --output and you can use absolute paths if you want to use multiple drives.If your format contains quotes, e.g. {"-$fn"}, and you just copy and paste it, e.g. "movieFormat={"-$fn"}", the quotes in the format will mess with cmdline argument parsing. Hence you MUST ESCAPE DOUBLE QUOTES, e.g. "movieFormat={\"-$fn\"}".Code: Select all
--def "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/{'S'+s}/{fn}" "animeFormat=Anime/{n}/{fn}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}" "musicFormat=Music/{n}/{fn}"
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Thank you so much! Ik works. This is the best program for this purpose i've ever seen!
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
That's the plan.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Judging by this thread and also this one: http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=296
It seems like there isn't a way to remove the language tag from subtitle names. I'm hoping something has changes in the 2-3 years since this was last asked.
When using the GUI, there's an option to have downloaded subs named the same as the video name (i.e. no language tag). I'm assuming this is new to filebot as it wasn't mentioned before. I'm hoping there is a way to have this be the default when used via cmd line ("filebot -script fn:suball "path" --lang en").
My main reason to want to do this is because my existing subs are named this way, and forcing filebot to use the same format will allow it to detect and skip duplicates. For that reason I do not want to download subs with the language tag then afterwards rename it (i.e. to avoid unnecessary/duplicate downloads which count towards my daily limit, then also have to delete or overwrite one of the duplicates)
Any help/support would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
It seems like there isn't a way to remove the language tag from subtitle names. I'm hoping something has changes in the 2-3 years since this was last asked.
When using the GUI, there's an option to have downloaded subs named the same as the video name (i.e. no language tag). I'm assuming this is new to filebot as it wasn't mentioned before. I'm hoping there is a way to have this be the default when used via cmd line ("filebot -script fn:suball "path" --lang en").
My main reason to want to do this is because my existing subs are named this way, and forcing filebot to use the same format will allow it to detect and skip duplicates. For that reason I do not want to download subs with the language tag then afterwards rename it (i.e. to avoid unnecessary/duplicate downloads which count towards my daily limit, then also have to delete or overwrite one of the duplicates)
Any help/support would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
This feature is available in GUI, CLI and via scripting.
When doing a -get-missing-subtitles call you can specify:
like in the GUI, or:
When doing a -get-missing-subtitles call you can specify:
Code: Select all
--format "Match Video"Code: Select all
--format MATCH_VIDEORe: Remove language from subtitle name
Thank you so much
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
so would the following work? I can't check right now as I've already met my quota
filebot.exe -script fn:suball "\\192.168.2.99\video\TV" --lang en -non-strict --def maxAgeDays=7 --format MATCH_VIDEO
filebot.exe -script fn:suball "\\192.168.2.99\video\TV" --lang en -non-strict --def maxAgeDays=7 --format MATCH_VIDEO
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
A couple quick questions, using the non-strict tag filebot will try to match based on hash then based on file name, right?
Do I need the -r option to handle folders recursively when we're talking about subtitles?
Do you know if sublight has a limit on the number of daily downloads like opensubtitles does? And lastly, can you tell me how I search sublight first over other sites using the gui ( I know that I can change it using cmd line with --db sublight, but not sure how to do that using the gui)
Thanks again!
Do I need the -r option to handle folders recursively when we're talking about subtitles?
Do you know if sublight has a limit on the number of daily downloads like opensubtitles does? And lastly, can you tell me how I search sublight first over other sites using the gui ( I know that I can change it using cmd line with --db sublight, but not sure how to do that using the gui)
Thanks again!
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
1.
If you specify -non-strict then FileBot will also try to find subtitles by name AFTER finding subtitles by hash yields no viable matches.
2.
Recursively fetching subtitles is discouraged due to abuse. Use the suball script and make sure you limit usage.
3.
OpenSubtitles has a limit of 200 per day, or more for VIP users. Sublight is not supported.
If you specify -non-strict then FileBot will also try to find subtitles by name AFTER finding subtitles by hash yields no viable matches.
2.
Recursively fetching subtitles is discouraged due to abuse. Use the suball script and make sure you limit usage.
3.
OpenSubtitles has a limit of 200 per day, or more for VIP users. Sublight is not supported.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
In the other thread I linked to above you mentioned sublight and subscene support. Are both no longer supported? Thanks again for your very timely responses
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Ok, so I got everything working but wanted to report a couple bugs I encountered and found work arounds for.
First off, I'm running 4.5.6 portable on Windows 7 x64.
When using the cmd I listed in my above post it worked but only some of the time. I found that by deleting the cache folder each time before running filebot solved this problem so I just built that into my bat file.
The other bug I found is that if running the cmd after reaching the 200 limit filebot's javaw.exe process never ends. I fixed this by scheduling another task to kill javaw.exe after a certain amount of time has passed. This works but is less than ideal as it will kill anything else that happens to be running on java at the same time, but it's better than letting it eat up all my resources for nothing.
If I'm missing something or if there are potential solutions or already available solutions I would very much appreciate your comments/feedback.
Thanks.
First off, I'm running 4.5.6 portable on Windows 7 x64.
When using the cmd I listed in my above post it worked but only some of the time. I found that by deleting the cache folder each time before running filebot solved this problem so I just built that into my bat file.
The other bug I found is that if running the cmd after reaching the 200 limit filebot's javaw.exe process never ends. I fixed this by scheduling another task to kill javaw.exe after a certain amount of time has passed. This works but is less than ideal as it will kill anything else that happens to be running on java at the same time, but it's better than letting it eat up all my resources for nothing.
If I'm missing something or if there are potential solutions or already available solutions I would very much appreciate your comments/feedback.
Thanks.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
You absolutely must not delete the cache folder before each run. You're preventing any kind of caching. This kind of abuse will get you banned.
As for all the other issues, I haven't encountered anything like that. The filebot.cmd is using java not javaw. I'm assuming you're using the CLI. What's the output?
As for all the other issues, I haven't encountered anything like that. The filebot.cmd is using java not javaw. I'm assuming you're using the CLI. What's the output?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
There is zero output when using filebot, could it be an issue with the version of java I have installed? Note I can't remember the error I was getting but I couldn't install filebot normally and was forced to use the portable version, I prefer the portable version anyways but that info might help you identify my exact issue. What version of java should I have installed if runing the portable version on win 7 x64? Unfortunately I can't remember what version I currently have but will check later.
I'm away from my PC so will investigate more later as well as stop deleting the cache. Hopefully I don't get banned from a day or two of misuse. Out of curiosity would I get banned from opensubtitles or filebot forums, or both?
I'm away from my PC so will investigate more later as well as stop deleting the cache. Hopefully I don't get banned from a day or two of misuse. Out of curiosity would I get banned from opensubtitles or filebot forums, or both?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
javaw is a GUI executable without a console. java a CLI executable with a console. My filebot.cmd most definitely uses the java command for CLI usage so the should be some console output. FileBot.exe is the GUI executable for the FileBot GUI so there will be no console output.
FileBot uses lots of different services, which may or may not ban your for abusing their service. You will not get banned in the forums here.
FileBot uses lots of different services, which may or may not ban your for abusing their service. You will not get banned in the forums here.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Just to make sure I'm grabbing the right version, do you mind sharing a link to the version of java I should install? I briefly read in the FAQ that the java version needs to be the same as filebot (x32 vs x64), is the portable version essentially x32?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
So I managed to install filebot, my antivirus was interfering with the install so I just temporarily disabled it.
The installed version is working properly with verbose output and using java instead of javaw... But the portable version is still using javaw and not showing any output.
Any advice on getting the portable version to work? Any additional information I can provide to help?
edit: I got the portable version to work by overwriting filebot.exe with the version from the full installer. Also worth noting that filebot launcher uses javaw, filebot.exe uses java
Thanks for your help
The installed version is working properly with verbose output and using java instead of javaw... But the portable version is still using javaw and not showing any output.
Any advice on getting the portable version to work? Any additional information I can provide to help?
edit: I got the portable version to work by overwriting filebot.exe with the version from the full installer. Also worth noting that filebot launcher uses javaw, filebot.exe uses java
Thanks for your help
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
What exactly are you doing?
You must call "filebot.cmd" and NOT "FileBot.exe". Keep in mind that Windows may default to "FileBot.exe" if you just call "filebot" in that folder. If you're using the portable then you should use the "absolute path" to filebot.cmd to call filebot.
You must call "filebot.cmd" and NOT "FileBot.exe". Keep in mind that Windows may default to "FileBot.exe" if you just call "filebot" in that folder. If you're using the portable then you should use the "absolute path" to filebot.cmd to call filebot.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
I'm pretty sure I tried filebot.cmd with no success, I will try again when I get home. I noticed another odd thing that might be the result of the "crack" I did, when redirecting output it logged everything except for the lines where it found or didn't find a subtitle, those still appeared in the console window and not the log. I will see if this is still the case when using filebot.cmd and report back. Thanks
Edit: just so you know I'm not a newb when it comes to cmd line, I've been credited with writing one of the largest and most advanced batch files ever, called ModMii. I've worked with many cmd line tools in my day but for some reason keep running into problems w filebot. Fingers crossed that the cmd version works, but as I said I'm pretty sure I tried it before. And the "crack" I did seems to work fine and is harmless, but I'd rather use your tool as it was intended to be used so will give filebot.cmd another go.
Edit: just so you know I'm not a newb when it comes to cmd line, I've been credited with writing one of the largest and most advanced batch files ever, called ModMii. I've worked with many cmd line tools in my day but for some reason keep running into problems w filebot. Fingers crossed that the cmd version works, but as I said I'm pretty sure I tried it before. And the "crack" I did seems to work fine and is harmless, but I'd rather use your tool as it was intended to be used so will give filebot.cmd another go.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
1.
filebot.cmd might be tested less, but it should work. It's just a simple java call in the end. Just open it with an editor and see for yourself.
2.
You're only redirecting standard output to file, so standard error output is still displayed in the console window. You probably want to 2>&1 (redirect stderr to stdout).
@see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1420 ... ingle-file
PS: no worries, Windows CMD is a tricky one, we all have wasted more hours on cmd issues than we'd like to admit to yourselfs
filebot.cmd might be tested less, but it should work. It's just a simple java call in the end. Just open it with an editor and see for yourself.
2.
You're only redirecting standard output to file, so standard error output is still displayed in the console window. You probably want to 2>&1 (redirect stderr to stdout).
@see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1420 ... ingle-file
PS: no worries, Windows CMD is a tricky one, we all have wasted more hours on cmd issues than we'd like to admit to yourselfs
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Got everything working with filebot.cmd and logging. I got a couple other unrelated questions I thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new thread.
Is there a way to get a summary log? For example just a list of what it did and not everything it skipped? I know I could parse the output to create a summary but thought I'd ask if there's a better way already built into filebot.
Is there a way to automatically rename movies in such a fashion "Movie Name (2015) [1080p]", and if it can't figure out the quality from the file name leave out that part? I'm sure it can do everything except I'm not sure about the quality tag.
I wrote a little app called therenamerhelper (can be found at therenamerhelper.WordPress.com). It uses an app competing with filebot but I'm thinking about swapping therenamer for filebot. One issue I have with therenamer is that when it runs it temporarily steals a bit of the focus by bringing the taskbar to the foreground which is a pain when watching something full screen. Am I right to assume this wouldn't happen with FileBot (too lazy to check right now, thought I'd ask first)?
Thanks again for your help!
Is there a way to get a summary log? For example just a list of what it did and not everything it skipped? I know I could parse the output to create a summary but thought I'd ask if there's a better way already built into filebot.
Is there a way to automatically rename movies in such a fashion "Movie Name (2015) [1080p]", and if it can't figure out the quality from the file name leave out that part? I'm sure it can do everything except I'm not sure about the quality tag.
I wrote a little app called therenamerhelper (can be found at therenamerhelper.WordPress.com). It uses an app competing with filebot but I'm thinking about swapping therenamer for filebot. One issue I have with therenamer is that when it runs it temporarily steals a bit of the focus by bringing the taskbar to the foreground which is a pain when watching something full screen. Am I right to assume this wouldn't happen with FileBot (too lazy to check right now, thought I'd ask first)?
Thanks again for your help!
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
1.
If you set --log INFO you'll only get the most important logging and errors. But fine grained-logging will simply be omitted.
2.
Yes. I'd start by reading up on how the format works => viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1895
Code: Select all
--log [all, fine, info, warning, off] : Log level2.
Yes. I'd start by reading up on how the format works => viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1895
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Got that working thanks. it seems every question I ask leads to 10 more, lol, so I really appreciate your patience.
1- Is it possible to specify custom tv series titles? For example, instead of Dragons' Den CA I use Dragons' Den Canada.
2- I already managed to get vc included as part of the naming format for only 720p and 1080p using the match function. I want to do something similar for subtitles lang. Basically I want to include the {.lang} tag for non-english subtitles only. So videos and eng subs will exclude/ignore the Lang tag when renaming.
Edit: also I noticed the amc script doesn't have an argument for xbmc username/passwords, am I missing something or will it only work if there's no password set?
1- Is it possible to specify custom tv series titles? For example, instead of Dragons' Den CA I use Dragons' Den Canada.
2- I already managed to get vc included as part of the naming format for only 720p and 1080p using the match function. I want to do something similar for subtitles lang. Basically I want to include the {.lang} tag for non-english subtitles only. So videos and eng subs will exclude/ignore the Lang tag when renaming.
Edit: also I noticed the amc script doesn't have an argument for xbmc username/passwords, am I missing something or will it only work if there's no password set?
Last edited by xflak on 01 Mar 2015, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
1.
You set the rules in your format. I recommend having a .csv file with your mappings and having your format code refer to that.
2.
Again, your format your rules.
e.g.
You set the rules in your format. I recommend having a .csv file with your mappings and having your format code refer to that.
2.
Again, your format your rules.
e.g.
Code: Select all
{lang =~ 'eng' ? lang : null}Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Omg this tool is capable of so much it's overwhelming.
Not sure if u saw my edit above with another q about xbmc.
But also wanted to know if there a way to stop filebot from attempting to download subs when the anti-leech limit is met? I am running a script daily to download 200 missing subs at a time. So I would like it to close after the limit is reached instead of running pointlessly for another hour or two.
Not sure if u saw my edit above with another q about xbmc.
But also wanted to know if there a way to stop filebot from attempting to download subs when the anti-leech limit is met? I am running a script daily to download 200 missing subs at a time. So I would like it to close after the limit is reached instead of running pointlessly for another hour or two.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
There's currently no good way. I highly recommend upgrading your OpenSubtitles account if you need higher limits.
Otherwise you can probably script something together with the output of filebot -script fn:osdb.stats to check if the limit has been reached or not.
Otherwise you can probably script something together with the output of filebot -script fn:osdb.stats to check if the limit has been reached or not.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Even if I upgrade my account I will only be able to download 1000 subtitles a day and I will still hit that maximum and have filebot needlessly running and spending resources trying to get more. And even if I were to check my current limit there's no way for me to have filebot just download up to my limit so that doesn't help.
I'd like to make a feature request if I may. Can you have filebot stop checking for subs when the limit is reached? I.e. break the current command/operation only when the anti-leech message is received. Alternatively if it's easier maybe u could add an argument for the max download attempts? Then I could set it at 200 and worst case scenario I see the anti-leech message 200 times (if I had already reached my limit) instead of thousands.
What do you think?
thx
I'd like to make a feature request if I may. Can you have filebot stop checking for subs when the limit is reached? I.e. break the current command/operation only when the anti-leech message is received. Alternatively if it's easier maybe u could add an argument for the max download attempts? Then I could set it at 200 and worst case scenario I see the anti-leech message 200 times (if I had already reached my limit) instead of thousands.
What do you think?
thx
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
I got another question, how can I get filebot to skip jpg and nfo files when renaming?
I tried using --def ignore=.jpg and it didn't work. I tried using the cleaner script the folder before renaming but it doesn't delete jpg and nfo files if there's a large video file in the same directory.
I tried using --def ignore=.jpg and it didn't work. I tried using the cleaner script the folder before renaming but it doesn't delete jpg and nfo files if there's a large video file in the same directory.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Looks like those file are excluded by default already. Are you using the amc script?
If you not you have to do the exclude logic yourself with find | egrep | xargs | filebot -rename ...
If you not you have to do the exclude logic yourself with find | egrep | xargs | filebot -rename ...
Code: Select all
Parameter: minFileSize = 0
Parameter: minLengthMS = 0
Parameter: ut_dir = /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_label = test
Ignore hidden: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/.DS_Store
Input: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Exclude: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.jpg
Exclude: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.nfo
Group: [tvs:forever us] => [Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Forever US]
Fetching episode data for [Forever (2014)]
[DUPLICATE] Rename [/Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/Test/OUTPUT/TV Shows/Forever (2014)/Season 01/Forever (2014) - S01E14 - Hitler on the Half-Shell.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Last Question. For some reason renaming from the gui and from cmd line using the same format are yielding slightly different results. The GUI is working fine, I'm hoping you can help me get the same results from cmd line.
So the issue only occurs when renaming multi-episode tv shows. For example renaming:
"Teenage.Mutant.Ninja.Turtles.2012.S03E12E13.Battle.for.New.York.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-iT00NZ"
via cmd line results in "S03E12 Battle for New York (1) [720p].mkv"
and via the GUI results in "S03E12-E13 Battle for New York [720p].mkv"
Is there a way for me to get the cmd line to give the same output as the GUI?
the cmd I'm using specifically is:
filebot.exe -rename --action move --conflict auto --db theTVDB -r -non-strict --format "\\Nas\video\TV\{csv('list.csv').get(n) ?: n}\Season {s}\{s00e00} {t}{' ['+vf.match(/720[pP]|1080[pP]/)+']'}{lang =~ 'eng' ? null : '.'+ lang}" "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\TV"
I finished my whole script and was about to share it in these forums when I noticed this issue. I'd like to address it before sharing, thanks!
Edit:
rednoah and I took this "offline" and discussed further in PMs. Turns out this was a problem with FileBot but has been fixed in r2837 (March 2015)
So the issue only occurs when renaming multi-episode tv shows. For example renaming:
"Teenage.Mutant.Ninja.Turtles.2012.S03E12E13.Battle.for.New.York.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-iT00NZ"
via cmd line results in "S03E12 Battle for New York (1) [720p].mkv"
and via the GUI results in "S03E12-E13 Battle for New York [720p].mkv"
Is there a way for me to get the cmd line to give the same output as the GUI?
the cmd I'm using specifically is:
filebot.exe -rename --action move --conflict auto --db theTVDB -r -non-strict --format "\\Nas\video\TV\{csv('list.csv').get(n) ?: n}\Season {s}\{s00e00} {t}{' ['+vf.match(/720[pP]|1080[pP]/)+']'}{lang =~ 'eng' ? null : '.'+ lang}" "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\TV"
I finished my whole script and was about to share it in these forums when I noticed this issue. I'd like to address it before sharing, thanks!
Edit:
rednoah and I took this "offline" and discussed further in PMs. Turns out this was a problem with FileBot but has been fixed in r2837 (March 2015)
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Can I exclude extensions like txt and jpg using something like this?rednoah wrote:Looks like those file are excluded by default already. Are you using the amc script?
If you not you have to do the exclude logic yourself with find | egrep | xargs | filebot -rename ...
Code: Select all
Parameter: minFileSize = 0 Parameter: minLengthMS = 0 Parameter: ut_dir = /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST Parameter: ut_kind = multi Parameter: ut_label = test Ignore hidden: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/.DS_Store Input: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv Exclude: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.jpg Exclude: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.nfo Group: [tvs:forever us] => [Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv] Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] Auto-detected query: [Forever US] Fetching episode data for [Forever (2014)] [DUPLICATE] Rename [/Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/Forever.US.S01E14.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/Test/OUTPUT/TV Shows/Forever (2014)/Season 01/Forever (2014) - S01E14 - Hitler on the Half-Shell.mkv] Processed 1 files Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
--def ignore=.txt --def ignore=.jpg
edit:
just tested it and seems to not work. If there's some way to get this working it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Since the ignore pattern is applied to the path I'm sure that it's working. But you can't do is specifing the same option multiple times, most likely only last one will count. Also it's a regex so . is not what you think
If you wanted to ignore jpg and txt files you'd write a regex like so:
If you wanted to ignore jpg and txt files you'd write a regex like so:
Code: Select all
--def "ignore=[.](jpg|txt)$"Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Thanks I'll test it out and add it to uFiler (assuming it works).
Where was this knowledge the first time I asked? Does FileBot have so many bells and whistles that even you have a hard time keeping track of them all? lol
Where was this knowledge the first time I asked? Does FileBot have so many bells and whistles that even you have a hard time keeping track of them all? lol
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
--def ignore=regex Ignore filepaths that match the given regular expression
PS: I didn't notice you asked how to use --def ignore before
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
so I tried using --def "ignore=[.](jpg|txt)$" and it's not ignoring txt files. Am I doing something wrong? The exact cmd I'm using is:
Thanks!
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -rename --action copy --conflict auto --db theTVDB -r -non-strict --def "ignore=[.](jpg|txt)$" --format "C:\Users\XFlak\Desktop\out\TV\{n}\Season {s}\{s00e00} {t}{lang =~ 'eng' ? null : '.'+ lang}" "C:\Users\XFlak\Desktop\in"Re: Remove language from subtitle name
The --def parameters are for scripting, so --def ignore will only work in the amc script, or other script that support that parameter.
Simple -rename, -get-subtitles, etc does not support what you want, because you're supposed to select the files you want before passing them on to filebot, i.e. instead of passing in a folder you should pass in all the files you want to process.
On Linux/Mac you'd do this with some simple find | xargs | filebot call but on Windows you'll have to find some equivalent for that, or use a Groovy script.
Simple -rename, -get-subtitles, etc does not support what you want, because you're supposed to select the files you want before passing them on to filebot, i.e. instead of passing in a folder you should pass in all the files you want to process.
On Linux/Mac you'd do this with some simple find | xargs | filebot call but on Windows you'll have to find some equivalent for that, or use a Groovy script.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Is it possible to remove the language in the .srt file using the amc script?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
Yes. By providing your own --format that doesn't include the language tag.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
I tried by adding --format "{n} ({y} {sdhd})" but it seems to have no effect. here's my complete expression:
before that I had
What is the difference between --format and --def movieFormat?
Code: Select all
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/volume1/downloads/nice" --format "{n} ({y} {sdhd})" --log-file /volume1/downloads/amc.log --action move -non-strict "/volume1/downloads/complete" --def subtitles=en --conflict auto --def pushover=****:**** --def clean=y --def "ut_label=movie"
Code: Select all
--def "movieFormat=Movies/{fn}"Re: Remove language from subtitle name
If you're using the amc script then --format has no effect. Instead you need to use the amc specific anime/series/movie format options.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
So what would be your suggestion? I'm using filebot just for renaming new downloaded movies. Should I modify the amc script or use the different filebot functions (which are rename, get subtitles and clean, correct?)?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
You need to use --def movieFormat if you want to override the default format that is used for movies in the amc script. You don't have to modify the script.
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
oh now I get it 
Now I would like to add the IMDB rating and found this code on the forum:
but it doesn't seems to work..
Another question: If a subtitle is not found by hash, why Filebot is not searching with the movie name?
Now I would like to add the IMDB rating and found this code on the forum:
Code: Select all
{net.sourceforge.filebot.WebServices.TMDb.getMovieInfo(movie, Locale.ENGLISH).rating}Another question: If a subtitle is not found by hash, why Filebot is not searching with the movie name?
Re: Remove language from subtitle name
1.
FileBot does not support IMDB.
I recommend {rating} which is the rating from your chosen datasource:
Alternatively you can grab {omdb} data (which is NOT IMDB) specifically:
2.
Hash lookup is fast and reliable => good default
Name search is slow and unreliable => bad default
You can always call the suball script, for -non-strict subtitle search and other reasons => viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p8871
FileBot does not support IMDB.
I recommend {rating} which is the rating from your chosen datasource:
Code: Select all
{rating}Code: Select all
{omdb.rating}Hash lookup is fast and reliable => good default
Name search is slow and unreliable => bad default
You can always call the suball script, for -non-strict subtitle search and other reasons => viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p8871