weird people, and replacing : with weird colon look-alike

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

weird people, and replacing : with weird colon look-alike

Post by rednoah »

So here's weird people sending PMs and refusing to use the forums...
Rick Hawn wrote:Many shows have a colon (:) in their titles, but it's not allowed character in windows, and other OSs. However, I found an alternate that works fine, that I think you could incorporate into the program. ׃ will work, it's a slightly different colon that windows, (and other OSs0 will allow. When asked to validate, instead of simply removing the colon, please use that character to replace it. Failing that, allow a user to specify what to replace that character with when validating. I can put it in myself, if you would just have a settings area.
rednoah wrote:Please use the forums like everyone else.
Rick Hawn wrote:You just earned a bad review of your program for being non responsive to your users

If I don't wear milk-bone underwear, am I safe for the dog-eat-dog world?
rednoah wrote:I am responsive. Except you didn't like the response. :P

I even gave you the solution. Do a replace in your format. What you want is supported perfectly fine already and doesn't require any new code or release.

Why do I prefer a post in the forum? So other can people benefit from the solution.
Rick Hawn wrote:Suggesting someone wade through a forum for hours is NOT responsive. I asked for a simple fix, replace a space with a ׃ in validation, EVERYONE would celebrate if this was incorporated. I did peruse the forums, and found MANY folks with the same complaint, yet NO change on your part. they wanted a : replaced with "- " or "_ " but none knew about the "׃" that I found. And there is no entry on how to change the validation scripting myself, even if I COULD figure out how to program it. So, again, non responsive.
rednoah wrote:Documentation on how to use USER-DEFINED (!) formats:
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

More documentation on formats:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

Example:

Code: Select all

{n.replace(':', '׃')} - {s00e00} - {t.replace(':', '׃')} 
(no programming required, just copy and pasting here)

Wouldn't it have been nice if somebody had made a public post? So somebody else (you) could have found it via Google and just copy & paste the solution?

Now go have fun using your U+05C3 HEBREW PUNCTUATION SOF PASUQ and feel free to make a post in the forums once things get weird, as they undoubtedly will since you replace right-to-left with replace left-to-right characters without having any idea of unicode works. Good luck!
Mixing RTL and LTR is a BAD idea. Paste this into the Format Editor and see what happens:

Code: Select all

׃test
:lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.