Help - [HARDLINK] Failed to rename - Raspberry OSMC

Any questions? Need some help?
juju95470

Help - [HARDLINK] Failed to rename - Raspberry OSMC

Post by juju95470 »

Hello,

I have a problem with a file rename (The Hobbit the desolation of smaug)

Code: Select all

The.Hobbit.The.Desolation.of.Smaug.2013.EXTENDED.MULTi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-DIEBEX/the.hobbit.tdos.2013.extended.multi.1080p.bluray.x264.dts-diebex.mkv] to [/media/110f5970-23bd-482e-aae7-9119dcd491e6/data/Movies/Le Hobbit : La Désolation de Smaug (2013)/Le Hobbit : La Désolation de Smaug (2013).mkv]
[HARDLINK] Failed to rename [/media/110f5970-23bd-482e-aae7-9119dcd491e6/downloads/The.Hobbit.The.Desolation.of.Smaug.2013.EXTENDED.MULTi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-DIEBEX/the.hobbit.tdos.2013.extended.multi.1080p.bluray.x264.dts-diebex.mkv]
NoSuchFileException: /media/110f5970-23bd-482e-aae7-9119dcd491e6/data/Movies/Le Hobbit : La Désolation de Smaug (2013)/Le Hobbit : La Désolation de Smaug (2013).mkv -> /media/110f5970-23bd-482e-aae7-9119dcd491e6/downloads/The.Hobbit.The.Desolation.of.Smaug.2013.EXTENDED.MULTi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-DIEBEX/the.hobbit.tdos.2013.extended.multi.1080p.bluray.x264.dts-diebex.mkv
you can see that I want the file in French with a "é" maybe it's for this.

You can find below my mvfiles.sh

Code: Select all

# force JVM language and encoding settings
export LANG="fr_FR.utf8"
export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

java -Dunixfs=false -DuseGVFS=false -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=true -DuseCreationDate=false -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=false -Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000 -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=60000 -Djna.nosys=true -Dapplication.deployment=portable -Dnet.filebot.AcoustID.fpcalc=fpcalc "-Dapplication.dir=$APP_ROOT" "-Djava.io.tmpdir=$APP_ROOT/temp" "-Duser.home=$APP_ROOT" "-Djna.library.path=$APP_ROOT" "-Djava.library.path=$APP_ROOT" -Djava.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=net.filebot.util.prefs.FilePreferencesFactory "-Dnet.filebot.util.prefs.file=$APP_ROOT/prefs.properties" -jar "$APP_ROOT/FileBot.jar" "$@"
If you can help me it would be great :)

thank you very much,

Regards
nytram

Re: Help - [HARDLINK] Failed to rename - Raspberry OSMC

Post by nytram »

Hi

The directory path is convoluted making it difficult to determine what is failing can you post the actual command line you are using please

Martyn
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help - [HARDLINK] Failed to rename - Raspberry OSMC

Post by rednoah »

Yes. é is indeed the most likely culprit, because of unicode normal forms, which means é may not be equal to é. I don't know how to fix this, but I can probably be fixed with some extra configuration for Java. "Luckily" this issue should affect any and all Java applications, so you might find a workaround on Google.

Though, maybe it can't be fixed. If you're processing files from a network drive to another network drive things can get really tricky, as explained by the rsync manual:
Something else that can trip up rsync is a filesystem changeing the filename behind the scenes. This can happen when a filesystem changes an all-uppercase name into lowercase, or when it decomposes UTF-8 behind your back.

An example of the latter can occur with HFS+ on Mac OS X: if you copy a directory with a file that has a UTF-8 character sequence in it, say a 2-byte umlaut-u (\0303\0274), the file will get that character stored by the filesystem using 3 bytes (\0165\0314\0210), and rsync will not know that these differing filenames are the same file (it will, in fact, remove a prior copy of the file if --delete is enabled, and then recreate it).

You can avoid a charset problem by passing an appropriate --iconv option to rsync that tells it what character-set the source files are, and what character-set the destination files get stored in. For instance, the above Mac OS X problem would be dealt with by using --iconv=UTF-8,UTF8-MAC (UTF8-MAC is a pseudo-charset recognized by Mac OS X iconv in which all characters are decomposed).
@see https://rsync.samba.org/FAQ.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.