AMC and watch folder work together?

Support for Windows users
famulor

AMC and watch folder work together?

Post by famulor »

Hi everyone. I bought Filebot because its just too good a program to not support (GJ rednoah) and i was thinking if its possible to make filebot watch a folder and then "call" the AMC script every time a movie or tv show is thrown into the watched folder? Reasons im asking is i'm downloading the stuff from my FTP and as far as i know there isnt any FTP software that can "call" filebot after it finished downloading.
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC and watch folder work together?

Post by rednoah »

You can use Windows Scheduler to call the amc script on a given folder in intervals. You probably wanna do the same for you FTP sync tasks.

Here's what I'd do:
1. Call rsync to sync files from your remote server to your local machine
2. Call filebot on the sync folder (don't forget to specify --def excludeList)

Make a 2-line script with these two commands and have Windows Scheduler call it once a day.

:idea: There are many tools that allow you to watch files and call commands in response. I wouldn't recommend it though. Watching files is not as simple as it sounds, because the watcher will only see you continuously changing files while downloading and probably won't be able to tell the difference between a completely downloaded file and a stalled download. That's just one example. It'll kinda work, but it'll never work reliably.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
famulor

Post by famulor »

Yeah alright. Seems like the most reliable will be keeping filebot on my seedbox then. :P Thanks for the quick response!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Having your torrent client call filebot on each new completed download is definitely the most simple and most reliable way to do things.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.