POSTBUCKET - where random posts in unrelated topics go

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Exclude Blacklist & Series-Mappings

Post by rednoah »

ffreese wrote:Hi,
for me there was one big reason to stay at v 4.2 with the old gui: I run filebot on a server and use x2go for access.
As newer filebot versions need glx > V1.3 they simply do stall, because x2go is stuck at V1.2...

Maybe we could have a modern version with oldstyle-gui for older pc or x2go-users?
How is this question related to Exclude Blacklist & Series-Mappings?

:idea: You can disable graphics acceleration to work around graphics issues. See FAQ for details. Java Swing and JavaFX fully support software rendering as far as I know.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Usage Examples

Post by rednoah »

1. Rename files with FileBot:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename *.mp4 --db TheMovieDB -non-strict
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [avatar.mp4]
[MOVE] From [avatar.mp4] to [Avatar (2009).mp4]
Processed 1 files
2. Confirm that FileBot metadata has been stored as xattr in the filesystem:

$ filebot -script fn:xattr *.mp4
/path/to/Avatar (2009).mp4
	net.filebot.filename: avatar.mp4
	net.filebot.metadata: {"@type":"Movie","year":2009,"imdbId":499549,"tmdbId":19995,"language":"en","id":19995,"name":"Avatar","aliasNames":[]}
3. Use xattr metadata in filter and format expressions:

$ filebot -mediainfo -r . --filter "y >= 2000" --format "{n} by {director}"
4. Process xattr tagged files based on existing xattr metadata:

filebot -rename -r . --db xattr --action copy --output /Volumes/USB --filter "episode && age < 30" --format "{n} - {sxe} - {t}"
simmz

Process without --db ??

Post by simmz »

Is it possible to process files without the use of a database?

All I'm trying to do is organize a flat folder into sub-directories: e.g.

$:~/Movies> tree
├── Video - 01.mp4
├── Video - 02.mp4
├── Video - 03.mp4
├── Video - 04.mp4
└── Video - 05.mp4

Would be processed and become:

$:/mnt/data/test> tree
├── 480x270
│ └── Video - 03.mp4
├── 640x360
│ └── Video - 04.mp4
└── 960x540
├── Video - 01.mp4
├── Video - 02.mp4
└── Video - 05.mp4

I can accomplish this with:
$:~/filebot.sh -script fn:amc ./ --output "/mnt/data/sorted" --action copy --conflict auto --def "movieFormat={resolution}/{fn}"

but it pointlessly tried to identify/match the files.

I also tried:
filebot.sh -rename . --db xattr --action copy --format {resolution}/{fn}

which returns:
Rename files using [Extended Attributes]
Failed to identify or process any files
Failure (°_°)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Q&A for n00bs

Post by rednoah »

-non-strict allows you to process files that are not xattr tagged:

filebot -rename *.mp4 --action duplicate --db xattr -non-strict --format {resolution}/{fn}
@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788
simmz

Post by simmz »

Really!?!?! that's all I was missing. I thought -non-strict was just for oddly named files.
Learn something new everyday. Your next beer is on me via paypal.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

-non-strict has different meanings in different contexts. If you're using --db xattr with -non-strict then -non-strict refers to not strictly processing only xattr tagged files.
simmz

Post by simmz »

Makes sense. Thanks for your help. I spent the better part of the day trying to make that little one-liner work.
stephen147
Donor

Re: Presets

Post by stephen147 »

Could you add the ability to overwrite or keep file extension in the presets.

I overwrite my movies while keep extensions on TV programs.
rony123

Post by rony123 »

I think it is already included? is not it?
HemorrhageTreatment
Last edited by rony123 on 14 Apr 2017, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Extension: Preserve / Override works independently of Presets and cannot be enabled/disabled via clicking a Preset.
stephen147 wrote:Could you add the ability to overwrite or keep file extension in the presets.
If I make it too easy, then the novice folks will accidentally delete all their extensions and then blame FileBot.
stephen147 wrote:I overwrite my movies while keep extensions on TV programs.
Why do your movie files have the wrong extension? I've never once come across a movie file with the wrong extension.
stephen147
Donor

Post by stephen147 »

Could that option not be enabled by default so the user can't tamper with it or warning if checkbox is ticked?

It's the only way to rename subtitles and movies together in same rename by using this:

{n.replace(':','-').replaceAll(/[\/:*?"<>|]/,' - ')}    ({y})                   {any{fn.match(/(?i)25th.+?anniv/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*25th.+?anniv.*/, "(25th Anniv. Edition)")}          {any{fn.match(/(?i)remastered/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*Remastered.*/, "(Remastered)")}           {any{fn.match(/(?i)extended.+?edit/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*Extended.+?Edit.*/, "(Extended Edition)")}     {any{fn.match(/IMAX.+?Edition/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*imax.+?edition.*/, "(IMAX Edition)")}             {any{fn.match(/(?i)direct.+?cut/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*direct.+?cut.*/, "(Director's Cut)")}     {any{fn.match(/(?i)unrated/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*unrated.*/, "(Unrated)")}     {any{fn.match(/(?i)\(limited.*?\)/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*limited.*/, "(Limited Edition)")}    {any{fn.match(/(?i)\(uncut.*?\)/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*uncut.*/, "(Uncut)")}    {any{fn.match(/(?i)collector.+?s.+?edition/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*collector.+?s.+?edition.*/, "(Collector's Edition)")}                  {any{fn.match(/\([^\()+?[^\d]+?\)\s*/)} {""}{''}}   {self.vf ? self.vf + "" : self.hpi}    {"${self.source ?: 'WEB-DL'}"}    {ac}    {audio[0].channels.replaceAll(/^(\d{1}).*/,'$1')replaceAll(/2/, "2ch").replaceAll(/6/, "5.1ch").replaceAll(/8/, "7.1ch")}    {vc}_{any{"$group"}{fn.match(/(?<=[_-])[^\s_-]+?$/)}{'NA'}.replaceAll(/[-_\[\]]\s*|\.\w{3}$/, "")}/{n.replace(':','-').replaceAll(/[\/:*?"<>|]/,' - ')}    ({y})                   {any{fn.match(/(?i)25th.+?anniv/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*25th.+?anniv.*/, "(25th Anniv. Edition)")}          {any{fn.match(/(?i)remastered/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*Remastered.*/, "(Remastered)")}           {any{fn.match(/(?i)extended.+?edit/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*Extended.+?Edit.*/, "(Extended Edition)")}     {any{fn.match(/IMAX.+?Edition/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*imax.+?edition.*/, "(IMAX Edition)")}             {any{fn.match(/(?i)direct.+?cut/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*direct.+?cut.*/, "(Director's Cut)")}     {any{fn.match(/(?i)unrated/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*unrated.*/, "(Unrated)")}     {any{fn.match(/(?i)\(limited.*?\)/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*limited.*/, "(Limited Edition)")}    {any{fn.match(/(?i)\(uncut.*?\)/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*uncut.*/, "(Uncut)")}    {any{fn.match(/(?i)collector.+?s.+?edition/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*collector.+?s.+?edition.*/, "(Collector's Edition)")}                  {any{fn.match(/\([^\()+?[^\d]+?\)\s*/)} {""}{''}}   {self.vf ? self.vf + "" : self.hpi}    {"${self.source ?: 'WEB-DL'}"}    {ac}    {audio[0].channels.replaceAll(/^(\d{1}).*/,'$1')replaceAll(/2/, "2ch").replaceAll(/6/, "5.1ch").replaceAll(/8/, "7.1ch")}    {vc}_{any{"$group"}{fn.match(/(?<=[_-])[^\s_-]+?$/)}{'NA'}.replaceAll(/[-_\[\]]\s*|\.\w{3}$/, "")}{any{'.'+lang}{lang}}{any{fn.match(/(?i)sdh.+?/)}{''}.replaceAll(/(?i).*sdh.*/, "_SDH")}{any{fn.match(/(?i)\(foreignpartsonly\)/)}{''}}{"."+ext}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

stephen147 wrote:It's the only way to rename subtitles and movies together
How so? What's the problem?

Extension: Override only allows you to change ".sub" to ".srt". Why would you do that? In fact, you're not even trying to do that. Your format ends with {"."+ext} so you apparently want to keep the extension.
stephen147
Donor

Post by stephen147 »

I'll need to revisit this again when I've time.

It was the only way for me to use them bindings successfully to rename movie and sub files was to have the override extension enabled and then rewrite it back again using {"."+ext}.
kindofblue91

Post by kindofblue91 »

I apologize in advance if this is an easy fix!

So pretty frequently I'm getting a "file is being used" error when uTorrent runs my post-download amc script. To remedy this for now, I've created a scheduled task to run my sort command, to scoop up any files that the post-download script couldn't immediately grab.

My issue is that even if the rename/file transfer errors out with "file is being used", the filename is being written to the exclude list.

So the question is, am I able to setup the script so if Filebot errors out on a file, that file is NOT added to the exclude list?

If that is not possible, is it possible to run the uTorrent post-download script WITHOUT --def excludeList? The scheduled task would still have --def excludeList. Haven't removed that line because of your indication that frequent repeats would constitute a ban from the script.

Thanks so much!

If it helps any, here are my 2 scripts:

uTorrent post-download

filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:\Plex" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" excludeList=amc.txt movieFormat="D:/Plex/Movies/{fn}" seriesFormat="D:/Plex/TV/{fn}"
Scheduled task

filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:\Plex" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict "C:\Users\username\Downloads" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt movieFormat="D:/Plex/Movies/{fn}" seriesFormat="D:/Plex/TV/{fn}"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't use --action move on files that are being seeded. My recommendation is to use --action duplicate and to make sure that input/output folder are on the same drive (i.e. your Downloads and Plex folder should be on Drive D:) so that it can create hardlinks instead of having to physically copy the data from one drive to another.

You want to seed files and you want to create an additional file entry (i.e. hardlink) in your Plex folder. That is not a problem. You can have the same file twice (or many times) without using any extra disk space.

@see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link#Example

If you're using {fn} as format, then I see no reason to use FileBot or the amc script at all actually. There's simpler tools for just moving files into folders. You're using a space ship when you should be using a tractor. :lol:

:idea: If you use Plex on your Plex folder, Plex will definitely not be happy with a flat folder of completely and utterly unorganized files. :lol:

:?: Are you sure you know what {fn} means?
kindofblue91

Post by kindofblue91 »

Thanks for the reply!

I'm using Filebot because I couldn't find a tool to accurately sort Movies/TV Shows on Windows. On Mac, I had a Folder Action set up that performed this nicely (with few errors, it searched the filename for S**E**)
:idea: If you use Plex on your Plex folder, Plex will definitely not be happy with a flat folder of completely and utterly unorganized files. :lol:
Plex doesn't seem to mind unorganized files just sitting in their TV/Movie folder...at least, as far as I can tell! :lol: I just have 2 Plex libraries, one at D:\Plex\Movies & one at D:\Plex\TV.
:?: Are you sure you know what {fn} means?
Yes, using {fn} because I didn't see a need to rename the files.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Plex wrote:It's important that your media files and library folders are named and organized
Plex is very explicit about how files must be organized:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/catego ... reparation
kindofblue91 wrote:Yes, using {fn} because I didn't see a need to rename the files.
You're either insanely lucky, or you just haven't seen much yet. :lol:
kindofblue91

Post by kindofblue91 »

Oh jeez, my TV library would probably give you a hernia, then! My thought process was that once Plex has indexed the library, it wouldn't really care that all episodes aren't grouped in a series-named sub-folder :?

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure, but to correctly index your library, it needs to make sense first. With flat files like this, it might work sometimes, maybe even most of the time, but certainly not all the time. :D
kaziekama

syntax error near unexpected token `('

Post by kaziekama »

Command:

filebot -rename *.mkv --output /mydir --format {n}/{episode.special ? "Specials" : "Season "+s.pad(2)}/'{n} - {episode.special ? "S00E"+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t}' --db TheTVDB
Error:

syntax error near unexpected token `('
-script fn:sysinfo

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.73
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-04-03 (r494)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_65
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 224 MB Max Memory / 12 MB Used Memory
Package: DEB
Data: /---/---/.filebot
uname: Linux ---4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
I'm pulling my hair out with this. I really could use an extra set of eyes on my script call.
Santaspascuas

Re: [Mac] Folder Action with Automator

Post by Santaspascuas »

Hi,

I have followed all your steps, and when I run the Automator I get the following error message: "Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: "Media".

I have a folder called Media (users/alvaro/Media) *alvaro is my name
Can you help me with this issue? It is my first time writing scripts and I have no clue of the proper spelling of the output route.
Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include basic information (i.e. sysinfo output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features
Laynezilla

Re: --filter and fine-tuning

Post by Laynezilla »

Is there a complete list of filters anywhere?
rednoah
The Source

Re: --filter and fine-tuning

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The number of possible filters is infinite. The available bindings (n, y, s, etc) are the same as in format expressions.

What's the problem? What are you trying to accomplish?
Santaspascuas

Post by Santaspascuas »

Hi rednoah, apologies for the lousy help request. I have now read the FAQ and the How to Request Help section. I am sorry if I still make mistakes, because I am not English fluent and I dont understand many of the words and instructions. Here I go:
I am running automator on a Mac Mini, runnin OS Sierra 10.12.4.
I am trying to set Automator to look up the destination folder of Transmission (called "Transmission"), where all the movies and tvshows are dowloaded, and process the media files through Filebot to rename them and send them to the Media folder.
Hopefully, in a second stage I would like to send the renamed files to external hard drives and even get the subtitles, but I dont want to bother you even further.
I have installed the filebot console tools and checked that are working.
When I follow the instructions given by you in this post, I open Automator, I select new Document and select Folder Action.
I click the Choose folder combobox and select the folder "Transmission"
When I paste the shell script arguments exactly as you say ("$HOME/Media"), I get the following error: http://i.imgur.com/ALOgN6r.png
If I write another route (/Users/alvaro/Media), the message is similar (quoting and unquoting): http://i.imgur.com/CAHmOX6.png

I hope I've provided enough information.
Many thanks in advance!