A way to resolve naming errors

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Post Reply
grether
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Jan 2012, 20:13

A way to resolve naming errors

Post by grether »

A great tool already, thank you.

I thought it might be a nice idea to allow modifying the file names after loading to resolve name matching issues. Rather than go back to explorer, rename the file and reload the whole batch.

Alternately, an option to skip any questionable renames. Only modify the ones that fully match, and reload the conflicts for a second try at matching.

I realize these may not be the best solutions in the real world, I just wanted to put the idea out there.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 18987
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: A way to resolve naming errors

Post by rednoah »

Just delete miss-matched files/episodes. (select, press DELETE). Align again by clicking Match once more. Done.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sanjonny
Posts: 70
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 02:55

Re: A way to resolve naming errors

Post by sanjonny »

But it would be nice to manually rename one in the list or whatever, especially if there are two files that are similar and need to be renamed in the list of files or another way of looking at it is this, if filebot doesnt detect the file on the left side properly, it would help to be able to edit that part too. For example, for some reason, no matter what way I tried, filebot would not properly name an episode of gadgets that was volume 3 from the tvdb database. On the left it showed gadgets 3, but on the right, it always kept matching gadgets (1). It would be nice to be able to get in there and fix that one instead of renaming all the other files, and then having to do what the first guy said, go back to explorer, find the not renamed file and manually rename it.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 18987
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: A way to resolve naming errors

Post by rednoah »

I'm not completely sure what you mean but here is how you can work around matching problems:

1. Series name detections messes up: Skip tvseries detection by SHIFT-clicking the datasource (forcing manual input)

2. File/Episode matching messes up: Skip all auto-matching by "manually" fetching the episode list via "Episodes" panel and dragging the whole episode list over into "Rename" panel then aligning files/episodes the way you want. Left-Clicking "Match" will invoke the normal FileBot matching to do some of the work for you and then you can continue re-aligning the problematic episodes to match the correct files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Post Reply