Can't find match for extended editions and directors cuts

Any questions? Need some help?
ripper2020

Can't find match for extended editions and directors cuts

Post by ripper2020 »

Very new to this program and have spent a lot of time in the forum figuring out the best way to get started. I don't have a very complicated scenario, just a folder with some movie files, some in folders, etc... that I want to organize for Plex.

This expression seems to get me 99% of the way there:

Code: Select all

{plex.tail} - {vf}
However, I have several movies that are directors cuts or extended editions and the suggested names are the basic version of that movie, e.g.
Deadpool 2 2018 The Super Duper Cut rename suggestion is Deadpool 2 (2018)/Deadpool 2 (2018) - 1080p

I have several others such as the lord of the rings series, hobbit series, etc... and none of them find a match for extended cuts. How can I get them to rename properly, e.g. find a match for an extended edition of the film.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't find match for extended editions and directors cuts

Post by rednoah »

You will not find online matches for different cuts or variations of the same movie, since FileBot will just match the movie to TheMovieDB, and let you take care of preferred output paths via your custom format:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/383498-deadpool-2

If the original filename is tagged with keywords such as Directors Cut / Extended Edition / etc, then you can use the built-in {tags} binding to preserve those:

{tags}
You can also use fn.match(...) (see other threads for detailed usage) to match arbitrary text patterns from the original filename if {tags} doesn't work for your particular use case.

Some users prefer to just use the video length:

({minutes} min)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ripper2020

Post by ripper2020 »

Great, the

tags
binding seems to do the trick for most of them. Follow up question though, where can I learn more about exactly what the tags binding does? I don't see it listed in the binding reference page here https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

I'm just wondering what it might pull in from other files and where it's actually pulling the words from? Is it the actual name of the file? Meta data? Thanks.

Lastly, when using the format editor, I'm trying to see what bindings have values in them for certain movie files. When I click change sample and select the new file, it still only shows me the Avatar info. How do I view the binding values for my file?
https://imgur.com/A3nEv98
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's file based and database based information. The latter can't be changed in sample mode.

If you double click on the New Names item, then you can open the format editor with the selected file / movie pair for testing and prototyping your format with real data instead of predefined sample data.

The tags binding is currently just matching known patterns from the filename. Nothing you couldn't do yourself with fn.match() easily.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.