Changing the "TV Show" folder to TV

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
mmedeir

Changing the "TV Show" folder to TV

Post by mmedeir »

Hi all,

I am using the AMC script, i had a custom script that out all sorted and renamed TV shows in my "TV" folder /Showname/Season... Now im migrating to FB. I like the AMC script but i was hoping to continue to use my current structure and not rename the TV folder to "TV Shows" any way to do this? I read the AMC tutorial and i did not see an option to redefine the "TV Shows" folder.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Changing the "TV Show" folder to TV

Post by rednoah »

Yes, the destination path is completely up to you:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

If you don't like the default naming scheme then you can pass in your own. You'll find detailed instructions in the amc script manual. You'll need to pass in your own series format. Best to experiment with the GUI format editor first if you're new to custom format expressions.

e.g.

Code: Select all

TV/{plex.tail}
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mmedeir

Post by mmedeir »

Thank you for replying to my query. Not sure how i missed that thread. To mitigate a similar issue for someone else please see my script below.

Edit: still working on this, its still moving the files to TV Show. Will post back when I get this right.
mmedeir

Post by mmedeir »

What am i doing wrong below? I tried every permutation except the correct one of course. Episodes are still going to the TV Shows folder.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "\\nas\nas" --action duplicate -non-strict "\\nas\nas\downloads" --def "ut_label=TV" --def seriesFormat=TV/{plex.tail} --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt extra=y clean=y deleteAfterExtract=y subtitles=en
mmedeir

Post by mmedeir »

Ok the above works. Since the files were on the exclusion list they were just repeating where they moved with prior scripts. Thanks for all your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just look at the console output. It'll tell you exactly what it's doing. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.