[BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Post Reply
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

[BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

⭑⭑ FileBot packages for Synology DSM 7.0 are in beta and available for testing ⭑⭑


Packages for DSM 7.0:
Add Package Source:
  • Package Center ➔ Settings ➔ Package Sources ➔ Add ➔ Name: FileBot Node

    Code: Select all

    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/filebot-node/master/syno-dsm7.json
  • Package Center ➔ Settings ➔ Package Sources ➔ Add ➔ Name: Java Installer

    Code: Select all

    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rednoah/java-installer/latest/syno-dsm7.json
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Friends4U
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Mar 2016, 23:44

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Friends4U »

This does not work :(
They all give an error...
Friends4U
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Mar 2016, 23:44

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Friends4U »

Ok, it does... Just run the Java installer twice :)
popinho
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 May 2021, 20:16

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by popinho »

Hi, I updated but when I open the UI still says "Unauthorized". I tryed also with the admin user and no luck!
Last edited by popinho on 18 May 2021, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

You may or may not need to disable CSRF authentication token feature for Synology authentication integration to work:
Image
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
popinho
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 May 2021, 20:16

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by popinho »

I have also disable logout and login and no luck. So update to DSM 7 and install all the files above and still no way to make it work :cry: Any other solution?
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

Well, it works for my DSM 7.0 and others as well, so it can fundamentally work, but why it doesn't work on your device specifically, no idea.


:idea: You could check the network requests via Developer Tools to see if something odd sticks out.


:idea: Make sure you're logging in via HTTP (and not HTTPS) otherwise your browser might not send the login cookie along when you access FileBot Node via HTTP.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
popinho
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 May 2021, 20:16

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by popinho »

I go to DSM packages and click on "Open" in filebot. Then a new window is opened and seconds latter it says "Unauthorized". I disable the cross origin, check the http, log with admin... no luck. When I search in the network this is the response:

Code: Select all

Request URL: http://XXX:XX/execute?_dc=XXXXX
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 401 Unauthorized
Remote Address: XXX:XX
Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
and from the console:

Code: Select all

[Violation] 'setTimeout' handler took 234ms
app.js?_dc=XXXXX:X GET http://XXXXX:XX/tasks 401 (Unauthorized)
any other ideas? Before all this updates the program will open within DSM environment (without external windows) and worked fine.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

FileBot Node 0.4.1 for DSM 7 is now available for testing:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node/releases
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
popinho
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 May 2021, 20:16

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by popinho »

Hi Rednoah,

Image

Now it opens inside DSM 7 but still with admin login it popups like that.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

popinho wrote: 23 May 2021, 00:28 Now it opens inside DSM 7 but still with admin login it popups like that.
If you have installed FileBot Node pre-DSM 6.2.4 and then upgraded to DSM 7 directly, then this might be relevant:
viewtopic.php?p=54677#p54677
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Twingo12
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 May 2021, 20:01

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Twingo12 »

Hey,
I'm quite new to all this but I'd appreciate it if you could help me. I've been trying for a few hours to install Java 8 on my NAS since I wanna run a Minecraft Server with mods. I'm running DSM 7.0 which means most of the recommended packages in other forums don't work. I've finally found this mentioned package but it only installs Java 16.
Could you @rednoah make another 1.8.0 package that's compatible with DSM 7.0? Or could anyone tell me a way to install it manually?
All this Java stuff is really confusing to me honestly.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

Twingo12 wrote: 29 May 2021, 20:06 All this Java stuff is really confusing to me honestly.
It's just generic (1) download a file, (2) extract an archive, and (optionally) (3) symlink executable into /usr/local/bin, so any tutorial on how to use a Linux shell will teach you the skills you need. ;)


If you can find compatible binaries on the internet, for Java 8 or any other program, then you can always install (i.e. download, extract, link executable into $PATH) them manually.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
popinho
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 May 2021, 20:16

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by popinho »

Hi all,

I finally figure it out, I don't know where but somebody said that the "Unauthorized" error comes from the uBlocking or Adblock Plus and he nailed it. Instead of accesing from my computer I tryed to start Filebot from my tablet and it worked. So my main issue was that the chrome plugin (uBlocking or Adblock Plus) was blocking Filebot.

BR!
keepwalking
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 Dec 2020, 12:53

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by keepwalking »

Working great with DSM 7 Release Candidate !

The only thing is that the system asked to use sudo to remove dsm.filebot-node.conf manually before installing Filebot Node 0.4.1.1. and, after updating it, I had to RESTART the NAS so Filebot Node could work again. Then everything back to normal.
Twingo12
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 May 2021, 20:01

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Twingo12 »

rednoah wrote: 30 May 2021, 05:41 It's just generic (1) download a file, (2) extract an archive, and (optionally) (3) symlink executable into /usr/local/bin, so any tutorial on how to use a Linux shell will teach you the skills you need. ;)


If you can find compatible binaries on the internet, for Java 8 or any other program, then you can always install (i.e. download, extract, link executable into $PATH) them manually.
Awesome it worked! Thank you very much, you were a great help.
davemccreath
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Oct 2019, 12:03

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by davemccreath »

Just upgraded to the release candidate version DSM 7.

I uninstalled Java, FileBot and Filebot Node prior to the upgrade. Completed the upgrade then reinstalled (manual install of correct files), had to remove Node.js v8 as it was no longer supported in the new DSM version and installed Node.js v12/v14. Rebooted.

Had to adjust the Schedule syntax and reinsert my FIleBot license.

FileBot up and working fine.

Dave
davemccreath
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Oct 2019, 12:03

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by davemccreath »

For Info.

DSM 7 just prompted me to update FileBot Node v0.4.1 to v0.4.2.

Updated, all fine.

Ta.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

davemccreath wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 17:40 DSM 7 just prompted me to update FileBot Node v0.4.1 to v0.4.2.
Cheers, 0.4.2 is likely going to stick around unchanged for a while, unless we find additional issues.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
abescalamis
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by abescalamis »

Do you guys know where can I can the Mediainfo for DSM7, is the only thing that I still need, if im not mistaken is needed for fileboot, right?
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

abescalamis wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 18:48 Do you guys know where can I can the Mediainfo for DSM7, is the only thing that I still need, if im not mistaken is needed for fileboot, right?
libmediainfo is optional as far as FileBot is concerned, but if your custom format uses MediaInfo-based bindings then those will of course not work if libmediainfo is missing, so libmediainfo may or may not be needed depending on what want to do.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
abescalamis
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by abescalamis »

Code: Select all

filebot -rename -r '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Bluray' --db xattr -non-strict --format "{def m = net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.guessMovieFolder(f); m/m.name}{subt}"
filebot -rename -r '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Kids' --db xattr -non-strict --format "{def m = net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.guessMovieFolder(f); m/m.name}{subt}"
filebot -rename -r '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Webrip Kids' --db xattr -non-strict --format "{def m = net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.guessMovieFolder(f); m/m.name}{subt}"
filebot -rename -r '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Webrips' --db xattr -non-strict --format "{def m = net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.guessMovieFolder(f); m/m.name}{subt}"
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Bluray' --output '/volume1/Data/Media/Movies/Blu-ray' --action move -non-strict --conflict skip --def 'ut_label=movie' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'movieFormat={ny}/{ny}{'\''.'\''+lang.ISO2}' --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Kids' --output '/volume1/Data/Media/Movies/Kids Movies' --action move -non-strict --conflict skip --def 'ut_label=movie' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'movieFormat={ny}/{ny}{'\''.'\''+lang.ISO2}' --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Webrip Kids' --output '/volume1/Data/Media/Movies/Webrip Kids' --action move -non-strict --conflict skip --def 'ut_label=movie' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'movieFormat={ny}/{ny}{'\''.'\''+lang.ISO2}' --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/AMC/Auto/Webrips' --output '/volume1/Data/Media/Movies/Webrips' --action move -non-strict --conflict skip --def 'ut_label=movie' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'movieFormat={ny}/{ny}{'\''.'\''+lang.ISO2}' --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
filebot -rename -r '/volume1/AMC/Auto/TV Shows' --db file --file-filter "folder.name =~ /Subs/" --format "{folder.dir/fn}" --action move
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/AMC/Auto/TV Shows' --output '/volume1/Data/Media/TV Shows' --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict skip --def 'ut_label=TV' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={n}/{'\''Season '\''+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}{'\''.'\''+lang.ISO2}' --log-file amc.log
This are the commands I run, but now that I updated to dsm 7 don't work, I have not been able to find Mediainfo spk for DSM 7

1) for the rename command I get - Failed to identify or process any files Failure (×_×)⌒☆

2) for the Script commad I get - No files selected for processing Done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any suggestion
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

Re: MediaInfo
What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?


Re: Permissions
What $USER is filebot running as? Does this $USER have permission to read the given folders?


:?: Does the log indicate a permission issue?

Code: Select all

Permission denied: /path/to/folder

Image
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Tdoc
Posts: 44
Joined: 20 Feb 2018, 08:19

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Tdoc »

Good Day Red Noha

thanks for the update.

I have uninstalled everything and manually installed the java script 2.16, filebot 4.9.3, filebot-node 0.4.1

I had the "Not Found" error, but solution was already in this forum

all the best
abescalamis
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by abescalamis »

rednoah wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 03:50 Re: MediaInfo
What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?


Re: Permissions
What $USER is filebot running as? Does this $USER have permission to read the given folders?


:?: Does the log indicate a permission issue?

Code: Select all

Permission denied: /path/to/folder

Image
I'm running filebot using the admin account, and yes it has read and write permissions to the folder

I did changed the permissions as in the picture, the problem is that it doesn't give me any error, but if I use filebot note it works but if I run the same command using SSH it doesn't.

I'm scratching my head on this
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

abescalamis wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:59 if I use filebot note it works but if I run the same command using SSH it doesn't.
This confirms that it's a user-specific permission issue. FileBot Node is running as system internal user FileBot. If you log in via SSH then every command you run is running as the user you have logged in as.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
abescalamis
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by abescalamis »

rednoah wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 03:33
abescalamis wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:59 if I use filebot note it works but if I run the same command using SSH it doesn't.
This confirms that it's a user-specific permission issue. FileBot Node is running as system internal user FileBot. If you log in via SSH then every command you run is running as the user you have logged in as.
I been checking the permissions up and down and everything looks good, must be something synology changed, the only work around I can think of is to run the task as root until I find the solution, I know I shouldn't but I give up might be a synology bug.

With emby I changed the same permission as filebot and it worked right away, now that DSM 7 has been release many will have the same issue and will be easier to find a solution then
abescalamis
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by abescalamis »

fixed it, it was something very simple, when I reinstalled filebot, I didn't work on it until next day, so the task ran automatically whiteout a license and it added to the exclude list.

I'm wondering why filebot added to the exclude list when it doesn't work due to license not activated.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

abescalamis wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 17:51 I'm wondering why filebot added to the exclude list when it doesn't work due to license not activated.
The exclude list prevents you from processing the same files over and over in an infinite loop. You don't want to FileBot to try to processing your files, and then fail every single time, a potentially infinite number of times.


:idea: The --def excludeList option is optimized for simplicity, and while complex custom retry behaviour is of course possible, it's best accomplished with higher level custom scripts that manage things and call filebot as necessary.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Phobos
Posts: 12
Joined: 20 Jul 2018, 03:06

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Phobos »

I'm not sure what I'm missing but the link for the DSM 7.0 Filebot spk returns a "no file" error. Just clicking on the link returns the page, "NOT FOUND". All the other spks download just fine. Am I screwing up something basic here? I've already installed Java and Filebot Node.

Thanks!
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

DSM 7 is now default, so DSM compatibility now works like so:

Code: Select all

*.spk ➔ DSM 7
*-dsm6.spk ➔ DSM 6
:arrow: https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
aprovelpd
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Jul 2021, 18:17

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by aprovelpd »

Hi,

thank you for your quick support of DSM7!
I have a small problem: FileBot always runs as root user.

I have on my DS218+ only FileBot installed without node.
FileBot is started as a scheduled task under the user "plex".
in the log is still the note:
/usr/local/bin/filebot must NOT run as root
Before the update it worked and ran under the user "plex".
My "script" is:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn: amc' /volume1/downloads/completed_jd --output /volume1/media --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang de -- def 'music=n' 'unsorted=n' 'artwork=y' 'subtitles=deu' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={plex}' 'animeFormat={plex}' 'movieFormat={plex}' 'musicFormat={plex}' 'excludeList=/volume1/scripte/Filebot/. excludes' --log info --log-file '/volume1/scripte/Filebot/filebot.log'
Do you know why it's running as root user?
What should i provide you to see why?

greetings
patrick
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

You can use filebot -script fn:sysinfo to see what $USER is calling filebot. /usr/local/bin/filebot does not change user, so it's running the commands as whatever using is calling it. There's no magic. Please read cat /usr/local/bin/filebot for details.


:!: If Synology Scheduler is running things as root even though you configured the task otherwise, then it's a Synology DSM issue. Pleases double-check with Synology support.


:idea: It's just a warning. You can ignore it if you want. Running filebot as root is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, but it's not necessarily a problem if you know what you're doing.




EDIT:

Note that the command you pasted includes an extra space, so it's either a copy & paste error, or not the command that you are actually executing:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn: amc' ...
:idea: Calling 'fn: amc' as opposed to 'fn:amc' will always result with an immediate Script not found error.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
aprovelpd
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Jul 2021, 18:17

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by aprovelpd »

Hi,

i've checked everything. Seems to be an bug in DSM7.
I've changed my task to: "sudo -u plex filebot -script...." so it will run definitily as user "plex".

and yes was an copy/paste error. in my task it has no extra spaces :) thanks for telling me!
Tbright
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Mar 2016, 14:01

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Tbright »

Just updated to DSM7 today and I can not make FileBot Node work in DSM7
I receive this message

Code: Select all

Invalid Response
- url: "log.cgi?id=R162653966927&date=162539669323&status="
- status: 0
- response: undefined

Please disable your Ad Blocker. Check Inspect -> Console / Network for details
But I do not really know what it means. I do not have an active add blocker

Any help is welcomed
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?
viewtopic.php?t=11030


:?: Have you tried uninstalling FileBot Node, then restarting your NAS, then installing the latest FileBot Node for DSM 7 yet?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Tbright
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Mar 2016, 14:01

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Tbright »

rednoah wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 02:43 What does the log say?
viewtopic.php?t=11030


:?: Have you tried uninstalling FileBot Node, then restarting your NAS, then installing the latest FileBot Node for DSM 7 yet?
The think with the log is that "Please login via SSH and use the find command to find the log file:" is kind of way out of my league.... will try to watch a tutorial to how to do that....
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

Well... You can always try the uninstall and restart part first, clear browser cache, etc. That might give us additional clues. But the log is probably our last best hope of finding out what exactly is and isn't working.

Could be some built-in ad block mechanism. Could be some firewall. Could be the server-side service not running in the first place. Could be something else. Based on the information above, we only know that we're not getting a response.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
remo
Posts: 35
Joined: 28 Sep 2019, 19:15

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by remo »

Hello everyone.

Just updated my Syno to DSM7 today.

Now I'll get this error:

Code: Select all

Permission denied: /volume1/xxx/xxx/xxx
No files selected: [/volume1/xxx/xxx/xxx]
* Consider using --file-filter "true" to disable your file filter
-remo


EDIT:
Seems to be good now.
The above error occured when running as normal admin user.
Switched to root - getting warning, but FB runs now.

THANK YOU!
alittler
Posts: 18
Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 05:04

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by alittler »

I really, really should have waited before updating DSM, hachy machy.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 24693
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

alittler wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 03:52 I really, really should have waited before updating DSM, hachy machy.
DSM 6 and before where completely insane from a security point of view, i.e. 3rd party packages run as root with read / write access to the entire file system.

As far as 3rd party packages are concerned, the changes imposed with DSM 7 were IMHO long overdue and absolutely necessary even if it breaks 3rd party packages. Synology could definitely improve the developer and user experience though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Post Reply