Wrong Movie Names

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Misinthe

Wrong Movie Names

Post by Misinthe »

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm a long time user, first time poster, I've never really had an issue with FileBot before, I usually use it for Shows but I want to rename my Movie library, I'm having an issue where it's not finding the right Movies. Right now I am using the Fetch Data button and selecting TheMovieDB, is there a way to manually search for movies like with the Episode tab? Thanks for the help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Wrong Movie Names

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Please paste file paths as text so that we can reproduce the problem:
rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40
  • Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)

:idea: You can manually match movies. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 Q: How do I fix misidentified files?
If series / movie auto-detection does not work, then you can use Icon SHIFT-CLICK <database> to force manual input and selection of the series or movie. You can manually fix an individual match via Double-ClickIcon Edit Match.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Misinthe

Post by Misinthe »

rednoah wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 20:50 :arrow: Please paste file paths as text so that we can reproduce the problem:
  • Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
Thank you for that, here is the information from the mismatches, this is just one example, I can get you many more.
02. Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 2002 1080p x265.mkv {"@type":"Movie","year":2004,"imdbId":388362,"tmdbId":10980,"language":"en-US","id":10980,"name":"Scratch: The New Sound of Terror","aliasNames":["Ratten 2 - Sie kommen wieder!"]}

:idea: You can manually match movies. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 Q: How do I fix misidentified files?
If series / movie auto-detection does not work, then you can use Icon SHIFT-CLICK <database> to force manual input and selection of the series or movie. You can manually fix an individual match via Double-ClickIcon Edit Match.
Thank you! I can at least match them manually now while we figure out what's going on.
Misinthe

Post by Misinthe »

rednoah wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 20:50 :arrow: Please paste file paths as text so that we can reproduce the problem:
Here's another example, all the James Bond movies come out with the same "Kickboxer" result.

Code: Select all

In Work\(1981).For.Your.Eyes.Only\For.Your.Eyes.Only.(1981).mkv	{"@type":"Movie","year":1989,"imdbId":97659,"tmdbId":10222,"language":"en-US","id":10222,"name":"Kickboxer","aliasNames":[]}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I get:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r "In Work" --output . --format "{plex.id}" --db TheMovieDB --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [In Work/(1981).For.Your.Eyes.Only/For.Your.Eyes.Only.(1981).mp4] to [Movies/For Your Eyes Only (1981) {tmdb-699}/For Your Eyes Only (1981).mp4]

:idea: If you get different results, then I would run some trial & error tests with newly created folders and empty files, see if that works, then narrow down why the original file paths don't work. A typical reason would be lying *.nfo files that were accidentally left behind in the parent folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Misinthe

Post by Misinthe »

rednoah wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 05:03 Here's what I get:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r "In Work" --output . --format "{plex.id}" --db TheMovieDB --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [In Work/(1981).For.Your.Eyes.Only/For.Your.Eyes.Only.(1981).mp4] to [Movies/For Your Eyes Only (1981) {tmdb-699}/For Your Eyes Only (1981).mp4]

:idea: If you get different results, then I would run some trial & error tests with newly created folders and empty files, see if that works, then narrow down why the original file paths don't work. A typical reason would be lying *.nfo files that were accidentally left behind in the parent folder.

Thanks! I guess it was reading the nfo files with the metadata before I set it right. Once I delete all the files and just left the media files it finds them no problem. I appreciate your help!