Stop showing untitled series?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Schrotty74

Stop showing untitled series?

Post by Schrotty74 »

If I have renamed a series and a new episode is added, all episodes are always displayed, including those that have already been renamed. Can you hide untitled episodes?

For me, I have each series in its own folder. If I select all series at once, I am prompted to select the correct series for many series, such as Riverdale. Is there something that can be done to make the series more recognizable so that I am no longer asked?

And lastly, which indexer is best for German content? I use Jellyfin Server for Windows and on Apple TV i use Infuse. Can I optimize something for Jellyfin?
Gaming-PC: AMD 7700X | ASUS RTX 4070 Ti | ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Wifi | G-Skill RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000 | Corsair HX1200 | Lian Li O11 Air Mini |
Internet: Magenta | Fritz!Box 6660 Cable | 1028 Mbit/s / 53 Mbit/s
rednoah
The Source

Re: Stop showing untitled series?

Post by rednoah »

You can use Match Mode: Strict to process relatively well-named files without user interaction. If you are using Match Mode: Opportunistic you can toggle on Icon Automatic Selection behaviour, i.e. "select once & remember for next time" behaviour.
rednoah wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 10:45 :idea: Consider switching from Icon Manual Confirmation to Icon Automatic Selection if the first option is consistently on point. Select (Icon) will auto-select the best match automatically for all subsequent choices. Skip (Icon) will skip all subsequent choices.

Screenshot

:idea: You're renaming files for Jellyfin, then you'll want to use {jellyfin.id} as format:

Format: Select all

{ drive }/Media/{ jellyfin.id }

:arrow: Please read Re-organize previously organized files using local xattr metadata if you're processing previously processed files. Processing previously processed files requires no user interaction and no online lookup and is thus reliable and instant.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Schrotty74

Post by Schrotty74 »

rednoah wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 10:45 :idea: You're renaming files for Jellyfin, then you'll want to use {jellyfin.id} as format:

{ drive }/Media/{ jellyfin.id }
where do i enter this?
Gaming-PC: AMD 7700X | ASUS RTX 4070 Ti | ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Wifi | G-Skill RGB 32GB, DDR5-6000 | Corsair HX1200 | Lian Li O11 Air Mini |
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Schrotty74 wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 06:38 where do i enter this?
You can enter your custom format in the Format Editor via Edit Format for each content type:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

Screenshot

:arrow: Please watch the [FAQ] How do I organize files for Plex? video tutorial for details:
Schrotty74

Post by Schrotty74 »

Whene use jellyfin.id i get this:

But its wrong. My Media a in F:\Serien\name of series and with jellyfin.id its now F:\Serien\TV Shows\name of series with tmdbit?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The correct way of naming files is this:

Code: Select all

/path/to/media/TV Shows/Firefly (2002) [tmdbid-1437]/Season 01/Firefly (2002) - S01E01 - Serenity

:arrow: If you want your own naming scheme, and name things not exactly correctly, then you can of course customize your format to fit your needs. The previously linked Plex / Kodi / Emby / Jellyfin Naming Schemes documentation will explain in detail with examples how to (A) remove the default TV Series folder level and (B) add/remove the ID marker. Please read the documentation and report back if you can / cannot find a solution that works for you.

rednoah wrote: 12 Sep 2016, 10:03 ~ ... nullify the Movies / TV Shows category folder level
id ... add {id-123} tags to the movie folder name / series folder name

e.g. Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009)

{ ~plex }
e.g. Avatar (2009) {tmdb-19995}/Avatar (2009)

{ ~plex.id }
Schrotty74

Post by Schrotty74 »

Ok thx. I used now this and looks good for me:

{ny}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
The only problem is now. Whene download series over sabnzbd the downloads get in wrong folder.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: If you're renaming files for yourself, then it's all up to your preferences.

:idea: If you're renaming files for Jellyfin, then I would most strongly recommend following the naming standard exactly:
https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/shows/

F:/Serien/{ ~jellyfin.id }
Schrotty74

Post by Schrotty74 »

All right, then I'll do it that way. But how do I change sabnzbd now that he unpacks the series into the folders as they are now created?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Schrotty74 wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 07:21 how do I change sabnzbd now that he unpacks the series into the folders as they are now created?
That question is probably best asked in the sabnzbd forums:
https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewforum.php?f=2

EDIT:

Personally, I would separate completed downloads and well-organized files into 2 separate folders. The above mentioned [FAQ] How do I organize files for Plex? video tutorial uses Hardlink for that reason:
rednoah wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 03:42 :idea: If you are processing files within the the same file system, then you may prefer to use Hardlink so that you can have the same file twice at both the original file path and the Plex library file path. (NOTE: hardlinks require no time to create and require no additional disk space; if you can use hardlinks then you should use hardlinks)