Convert Production Order to Airdate Order

Any questions? Need some help?
darkside40

Convert Production Order to Airdate Order

Post by darkside40 »

Hi there,
i have quite a problem renaming the Serie Phineas and Ferb correctly.

The problem is that the files i've got hold the Episodes (mainly two per file) in the TMBD Production Order which no nfo scraper seems to support (also not the one included in Filebot).

So i renamed the files manually which leads to something like Phineas.and.Ferb.S03E62E59.mkv
So i have expected that Filebot will rename the files correct after my naming scheme: {n.space}('.')}.{s00e00}.t.space('.')}.{vf}.{vc}

But when i try to rename the file filebot only picks up the Episode Number and the title of E62 ignoring E59.
What am i doing wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming files with multiple Episodes in ramdon order fails

Post by rednoah »

:idea: FileBot does support TMDB Production Order.

Screenshot

:idea: S03E62E59 is not supported because it's descending non-sequential numbers. FileBot does support multi-episode naming, but only sane multi-episode naming like S01E01E02 or S01E01-E03.

:arrow: You may be able to use Edit Match to manually select episode items. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details:
rednoah wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 03:32 :idea: You can select multiple episodes if the file at hand is a multi-episode file:

Code: Select all

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - S01E01-E02 - Emissary
Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
darkside40

Post by darkside40 »

Okay at least it isnt my fault.
I know that Filebot can handle the the production order but for example Emby cant.

So if i rename the Files using Filebot in production order an load it into Emby the metadata gets scraped in airdate order and everything is messed up again.
I also tried the integrated nfo script in filebot but that does not seem to handle the production order properly, because the data in the nfo files reflects the airdate order.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, if you're organizing files for Plex / Kodi / Emby / etc then you must use default SxE order for naming files. So you will need to translate all the production order SxE numbers that you have to default SxE numbers that Emby wants. The nfo script is not particularly relevant for this use case as far as I can see.

:arrow: You'll want to follow the Convert Absolute numbers to SxE numbers example and adapt it to your Convert Production Order to Airdate Order use case:

ScreenshotScreenshot
darkside40

Re: Convert Production Order to Airdate Order

Post by darkside40 »

Thanks for the explanation. The renaming now has worked, but Emby cannot handle it correctly, which is not the fault of Filebot of course.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

darkside40 wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 06:19 Thanks for the explanation. The renaming now has worked, but Emby cannot handle it correctly, which is not the fault of Filebot of course.
Yep, that's the next step. Looks like Emby cannot handle non-sequential multi-episode files. Looks like you'll have to split the file (see mkvtoolnix) into two separate files before you can import them into Emby.
darkside40

Post by darkside40 »

Which is a whole lot of work just because of some everlasting bugs in Emby.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Do your files have chapter metadata?
viewtopic.php?t=13811

If yes, then you might be able to automate mkvmerge calls.
darkside40

Post by darkside40 »

Unfortunately no Chapter marks.
Yeah it is a really dumb situation, at least its not filebots fault. That utility rocks