rename based on series title, season #, disk #

Any questions? Need some help?
noone

rename based on series title, season #, disk #

Post by noone »

Hello,
Is there, gui and/or command line, to have filebot rename episodes based on the season and disk number of a tv series?
I would like to use filebot to rename the episodfes in the folder Star Trek- Deep Space Nine s4d4 (1993–1999) with the correct episode and name.
The files in the folder are title_1, title_2, title_3, title_4.
When I use the episode feature of filebot, it suggest that the episodes are the first 4 episodes of season 4, and not episodes 12, 13, etc
I can get filebot to correctly identify the episodes if I rename them to s4e12, s4e13...
While this works, it is a manual, time consuming process, however once they are renamed, filebot saves a lot of time getting them renamed for media servers with correct episode name and format.
Is there a way, hopefully by the cli but also by the gui, to have filebot recognize the disk # and know and rename the episodes inside the folder?
Or is this not possible, as no database (TMDB, TVDB, etc) has the information about which episodes are on which disk/there are too many dvd releases of some tv shows to even attempt this?
Thanks

Filebot 5.03
installed via deb on Ubuntu 22.04
rednoah
The Source

Re: rename based on series title, season #, disk #

Post by rednoah »

:idea: If files are in order at the very least then Linear Matching will make quick work it. Some degree of Manual Matching may be necessary if files and episodes don't align naturally.

e.g.

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -list --db TheMovieDB::TV --q "Star Trek Deep Space Nine" --filter "s == 4" -rename -r .
[MOVE] from [s4d1_title_0.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x01 - The Way of the Warrior (1).mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d1_title_1.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x02 - The Way of the Warrior (2).mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d1_title_2.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x03 - The Visitor.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d1_title_3.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x04 - Hippocratic Oath.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d2_title_0.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x05 - Indiscretion.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d2_title_1.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x06 - Rejoined.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d2_title_2.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x07 - Starship Down.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d2_title_3.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x08 - Little Green Men.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d3_title_0.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x09 - The Sword of Kahless.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d3_title_1.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x10 - Our Man Bashir.mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d3_title_2.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x11 - Homefront (1).mkv]
[MOVE] from [s4d3_title_3.mkv] to [Star Trek Deep Space Nine - 4x12 - Paradise Lost (2).mkv]
:idea: If you have all files from all seasons neatly in order, then things get easier and you can remove the --filter option. Use --mode interactive or --action TEST at first. I would use the GUI and not the CLI for one-off tasks though, since the GUI makes linear matching much more intuitive and straightforward.

:arrow: Please watch the Rename TV Series via Manual Matching and How do I manually match files with episodes in linear order? video tutorials for details:

:!: Unfortunately, FileBot cannot fully automatically match 4d4 title_2 to S04E13 because mapping Disk Entry S04D04T02 to Episode S04E13 isn't possible without external knowledge or making certain assumptions, i.e. how many episodes in which order are on each disk? That said, if you have all the files from all the disks, then things should align 1:1 naturally if you load in the episode list first (i.e. no automatic matching) and then the files.

EDIT:

:idea: Since you did not post sample file paths as text we are using the following auto-generated sample file structure (see Plain File Mode) for testing:

Console Output: Select all

$ touch {1..26}.mkv && filebot -rename . --db file --format 's4d{((i+1)/4).round()}_title_{(i-1)%4}'
[MOVE] from [1.mkv] to [s4d1_title_0.mkv]
[MOVE] from [2.mkv] to [s4d1_title_1.mkv]
[MOVE] from [3.mkv] to [s4d1_title_2.mkv]
[MOVE] from [4.mkv] to [s4d1_title_3.mkv]
[MOVE] from [5.mkv] to [s4d2_title_0.mkv]
[MOVE] from [6.mkv] to [s4d2_title_1.mkv]
[MOVE] from [7.mkv] to [s4d2_title_2.mkv]
[MOVE] from [8.mkv] to [s4d2_title_3.mkv]
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.