Support Request - Paddle unresponsive to request for help

Any questions? Need some help?
missikk2

Support Request - Paddle unresponsive to request for help

Post by missikk2 »

Hello,
I purchased a one year license for FileBot on August 6th.
I believe I mistyped my email address, and never received the email containing my license information, so I am unable to activate FilBot on my computer.
I tried reaching out to Paddle, but their chatbot was not able to find my purchase. I used PayPal, so I don't have a record of the order number, I just have the PayPal transaction ID.
I attempted to contact Paddle's help email address, and haven't heard back from them.
Would I be able to get a refund for this transaction so I can try purchasing FileBot again and (hopefully) not mistype my email address this time around?
Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Support Request - Paddle unresponsive to request for help

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Sorry, but I don't have access to payment information. Only Paddle can translate your PayPal Transaction ID to your Paddle Order Number:
rednoah wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 03:09 Alternatively, you may contact Paddle via email at [email protected] or via the contact form.
Please read How do I recover a lost license key? for details.

:?: Can you PM me your chat history with Paddle chatbot and staff so that we can see what went awry so I can bring up the issue with them directly?

EDIT:

I was not able to find any order for an email similar to the one you are using here in the forums. There is 1 email delivery error from 7 August (+-1 because time zones) but the email address is completely different:

json: Select all

{"id":"20230807-213401-***@filebot.net","email":"ch***@gmail.om","code":498,"message":"No MX for gmail.om"}
:?: Can you PM me the email address that you have used? (or at least something very similar to that)

EDIT 2:

:?: We have further investigated based on the information above (email service, time frame, payment method, etc) and found a license that was successfully delivered but never activated. However, the email address is completely different:

json: Select all

{"alert_name":"payment_succeeded","country":"US","email":"***[email protected]","event_time":"2023-08-05 18:21:04","order_id":"52051054","payment_method":"paypal","sale_gross":"6"}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
missikk2

Re: Support Request - Paddle unresponsive to request for help

Post by missikk2 »

Ah! Thank you so much for investigating!
That completely different email address is mine, but I didn't think I'd used that one for the license. :P
I just found the license email buried in my junk mail.
Thank you so much again!