Renaming sorted files without season/episode info

Any questions? Need some help?
ImaginaryTango

Renaming sorted files without season/episode info

Post by ImaginaryTango »

I just downloaded FileBot and paid for a license. I've been working with the interface and looking for answers to my questions, but there's one issue I'm running into that I can't find a solution to. Years ago when I was ripping a lot of my DVDs, I didn't realize that at some point there would be easier ways to categorize them by season and episode number and to grab the episode names from the web. So I have a number of shows, especially older Saturday Morning animated shows, where I saved the files with names in a format like this:

Show_Name-V01D01T01.mp4

In many cases I've used group renaming of files to add the year in a format like this:

Show_Name-YYYY-V01D01T01.mp4

In most cases the episodes are in order, just not named with a format that includes something like S01E01. I've tried to use FileBot on these files and it gets confused and the order gets completely out of alignment so, rather than accept that the filenames are listed in order, the sort order is changed to a seemingly random order. I realize FileBot is doing its best to pars VxxDxxTxx into something resembling SxxExx, but it' snot working.

Is there any way to tell FileBot to just match the episode titles with the files based on the sort order of the files?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming sorted files without season/episode info

Post by rednoah »

Linear Rename with Manual Matching if necessary is the way to go for this kind of use case. You can fix multiple matches by using drag-n-drop to reorder files or episodes, use Edit Match to fix individual matches, use Open to play a video file to confirm the match, etc.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ImaginaryTango

Post by ImaginaryTango »

Thanks! That makes a big difference!

First try - I had 6 seasons of The Flintstones ripped with filenames using VxxDxxTxx and I used this and checked about 20 random files and they were in order. (I remember the DVDs when I ripped that show - the files were in order on them, so I figure if 20 randomly picked ones are correct, other than maybe 1 or 2 oddballs, they're all going to be correct.)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nice! Please watch the Getting Started video tutorials for good measure. All the common use cases are covered. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.