Help naming 3D films (H-SBS and H-OU in different folders) and help with expressions in general.

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Vyle80r

Help naming 3D films (H-SBS and H-OU in different folders) and help with expressions in general.

Post by Vyle80r »

I haven't much luck getting Filebot to name 3D films. I keep the 3D films in a separate folder with two subfolders splitting H-SBS and H-OU. I use Filebot to get metadata and cleanup the names using the same expression I have been using for 2D films then use Bulk Rename Tool to append the H-SBS or H-OU to the file name for Plex.

I have struggled to catch on to Groovy. Is there any type of Groovy expression builder to make things easier? Something like a WYSIWYG for Groovy?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help naming 3D films and help with expressions in general.

Post by rednoah »

Since you're using text patterns (format expression) to generate text patterns (file path) it's pretty much what-you-see-is-what-you-get by nature. You can write complex code if necessary, but you can get away with simple replacement patterns for most use cases.

:idea: You can use the Icon Format Editor to prototype your format on your Movie / File matches and then what you see is what you get:

Screenshot

:idea: You can explore available bindings via Icon Format EditorIcon View Bindings. In this case we'll want to use the {s3d} stereoscopic 3D binding:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html#s3d

Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.