[MISMATCH] Anime/86 Eighty Six (2021)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
genimac

[MISMATCH] Anime/86 Eighty Six (2021)

Post by genimac »

Helo,
just got the program and being using it to rename the contents of my media server. I use CLI as the server is a Debian 12 install on a dedicated remote one.

I had no problems figuring how to do it with movies and tv series, mainly used the commands on test until I got the desired result. On series I ended using

Shell: Select all

filebot -r "/zfsdata/jellymedia/Series TV/T" -rename --db TheTVDB  --mode interactive -no-xattr
this showed me all the series inside T, asks me to confirm the series is the one matching the folder name, I keep doing select if the serie match or cancel if not. At the end just do a select on all to rename the files. worked as a charm.

Now I reached my anime contents and the same command dont behave the way I was used.
To resume, this is what I did:
- created a "86 Eighty Six (2021)" folder
- created Season 00 and season 01 for extras and regular serie
- moved all the files on the folders

When executing

filebot -r "/zfsdata/jellymedia/Anime" -rename --db TheTVDB  --mode interactive -no-xattr
no asking if the recognized serie is the correct one, just jumps in the list prior to rename. filebot just keeps trying to rename it to Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Screenshot

How can I get filebot to suggest matching series as it did on tv series?
must I force the series name match in some way? how?
Kind regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: CLI renaming Anime help needed

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Please read Q: How do I fix misidentified files? and note the --q and --filter options:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 If you're using the command-line you can do the same via the --q and --filter options. Please read --q manual lookup and --filter and fine-tuning manual. The --mapper option may also come in handy. If your files are already in order, then you can use Linear Rename instead of automatic matching. When dealing with problematic files manually on the command-line, the --action test and --mode interactive options can be used for testing and checking.

:idea: If your target filesystem does not support xattr metadata then you will want to configure FileBot to store metadata to plain/text files instead instead of file system xattr, as opposed to just disabling xattr metadata entirely:
rednoah wrote: 24 Oct 2012, 11:16 :idea: Configure FileBot to store xattr metadata in plain text files instead of filesystem xattr streams:

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.xattr.store=.xattr
:idea: You can specify an absolute path to store xattr metadata for all files in one folder:

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.xattr.store=/path/to/.metadata
:idea: If you require cross-platform compatibility (e.g. write metadata from a Windows client to a SMB network share and then read that metadata from the local file system on the Linux host or vice versa) then using .xattr folders and files is highly recommended. Please read Optimizations for Remote File Systems for details.

EDIT:

The mismatch is likely caused by FileBot somehow inadvertently picking up the Anime/86 bit as anidb.net/anime/86 and then going with that.

EDIT 2:

Fixed with FileBot r10156.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
genimac

Re: [MISMATCH] Anime/86 Eighty Six (2021)

Post by genimac »

Hello,
thanks for the speedy answer.
EDIT 2:

Fixed with FileBot r10156.
Installed the beta and it worked at first attempt!
Will try with longer ones like Aria, before going to "non-ending" ones :)

The --q option seems will be handy if same error repeats.