FileBot ignores -featurette files

Support for Windows users
ilikepie3326

FileBot ignores -featurette files

Post by ilikepie3326 »

I've run into an issue that I'm sure whether it's a known bug, glitch, or user error.
I use FileBot on my desktop (Windows 10) to rename files located on my server (Ubuntu) by dragging and dropping them via File Explorer SMB and network drive mounting. So far, I've had no issues adding and renaming files from the movies HDD, but when it comes to the TV Shows HDD, I keep getting told that there are no files. The files aren't corrupt, and they appear when dragged into the original files section. I've also checked basic file permissions, everything seems identical to the movie files, so I'm not sure what the issue is. If anyone has any tips or ideas, please let me know!
rednoah
The Source

Re: SMB "No Video Files Have Been Selected" from specific path/HDD

Post by rednoah »

ilikepie3326 wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 07:37 I keep getting told that there are no files.
Please post screenshots of error messages so that we can see the error message and the context in which the error message shows up.

:idea: Please post file paths as text. That will tell us if the selected files are video files. "No Video Files Have Been Selected" may suggest that the files are not video files.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ilikepie3326

Post by ilikepie3326 »

Hi thanks for replying! I'll use Rick and Morty as an example here:
File example is located at "S:\TV Shows\Rick and Morty (2013)\Season 4\S04E01 - Edge of Tomorty Rick Die Rickpeat (1080p Blu-Ray HEVC AAC 5.1 CMS)-featurette.mkv"
It's my own personal rip of the video file, it isn't corrupt or unreadable to my knowledge.

Here's what pops up after drag-drop the file into FileBot and clicking "Match>TVDB"
https://imgur.com/a/NxinCti

Screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: -featurette.mkv files are not episode files and thus ignored.

:?: Are you sure that this file actually Episode S04E01 and not some extra file for that episode? If it's the actual episode file, then how come it's tagged as -featurette extra?

:arrow: If you remove the -featurette tag then Automatic Matching will accept the file as standard Episode type video file and process things as usual.

:arrow: You can always use Manual Matching if Automatic Matching does not work one one reason or another. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details.
ilikepie3326

Re: FileBot ignores -featurette files

Post by ilikepie3326 »

the -featurette tag is for Plex extra tagging. Because plex is so specific about the filename of local extras and I've updated the files with different filenames, I'm updating the name of them so Plex recognizes it as an extra for the specific episode.
It works perfectly fine for Movie extras, even when the filename doesn't contain the movie title in it:
https://imgur.com/a/6TmZIUZ

Screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

-short is fine. -xyz is fine. -featurette and -sample and -trailer etc are known tags to be ignored based on previously reported issues where FileBot matches -featurette files that should have been ignored. The file size and video length is also considered, so multiple factors are at play.

:idea: If you process a file with extras (i.e. Companion Files) then we would usually expect the file structure to look like this, which then allows you to process all these files at once as a single unit:

Code: Select all

Firefly - S01E01 - Serenity.mkv
Firefly - S01E01 - Serenity-sample.mkv
Firefly - S01E01 - Serenity-featurette.mkv
ilikepie3326

Post by ilikepie3326 »

Oh gotcha, that's unfortunate. So then if I have an episode that is named differently than the accompanying extras, is there an easy way to rename the extras to match the new naming structure?
ie: the episode name went from Rick and Morty (2013) - S01E01 > S01E01 while the extras remain the same
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ilikepie3326 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 19:40 Oh gotcha, that's unfortunate. So then if I have an episode that is named differently than the accompanying extras, is there an easy way to rename the extras to match the new naming structure?
ie: the episode name went from Rick and Morty (2013) - S01E01 > S01E01 while the extras remain the same
:idea: Depends on how the extras are named. Please post file paths as text. You can do this easily by loading in the files and pressing the F6 key.
Crawdaddy1999

Post by Crawdaddy1999 »

I just had this issue with error "No video files have been selected. Please <Load> video files."

The video files are fine and none of them have the label "Featurettes", but the video files are in a folder named "Featurettes". This appears to be the issue.

Removing the videos from the "Featurettes " folder or renaming the folder fixes the issue.

I also tried putting the word "Featurettes" in the file name and the same issue occurred when placed at the end of the file name.

I hope this helps.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please post file paths as text. You can do this easily by loading in the files and pressing the F6 key.

:idea: Automatic matching will explicitly ignore samples, trailers, featurettes, etc, since those files typically don't match anything in the database. You can however use always Manual Matching to align files with Movie or Episode objects if the files at hand aren't actually samples, trailers, featurettes, etc.