Remove the file size / length limit

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
1971camaroguy

Remove the file size / length limit

Post by 1971camaroguy »

I am trying to rename a bunch of trailers, but they are off dvd rips and most of them are 39 MB-89 MB in size and filebot doesn't see them.

If I remember correctlly there is a minimum limit when filebot sees the file, and won't load them. I think there is a way to remove that limit in windows, command line or something

Can someone refresh my memory on this? I am just doing the old drag and drop into the filebot gui..no automation or anything.

Thanks again!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Remove the file size / length limit

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text. See How to Request Help.

:idea: Automatic Matching will ignore Companion Files by default, unless they're linked to a specific file by name. You can however always use Manual Matching to match files to movies or episodes.

:arrow: See Clutter File Size and Video Length Limits for details on file size / length limits in regards to clutter file detection:
rednoah wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 22:43 e.g. disable limits to include all files:

Shell: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.media.clutter.size=1 net.filebot.media.clutter.length=PT1S
:arrow: If the file is larger than 1 MB or longer than 1 second then the file will be processed as primary video file even if the file path might indicate (correctly or incorrectly) otherwise.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

I'm still having issues renaming my trailers, I went to this post viewtopic.php?t=12986

And I ran this script using command prompt as an administrator.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.media.clutter.size=1 net.filebot.media.clutter.length=PT1S
No Luck, it's not reading my mkv files and giving me the "no video files have been selected please load <load> video files" error when I know they are there, there's no reason why it shoulding be processing them.

These are all mkv files, roughly named the movie name, files size averages between 40MB to 110MB, and lenghts are at least a minute to three minutes long. I'm using TMDB for the search and set to opportunistic.

Actual movies or anything larger than 150MB or so seems to work fine
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text so that we can see and reproduce the use case at hand.
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

this is all I am getting when I try to copy one of the original file and paste to clipboard

Code: Select all

D:\ripped trailers\wrong side of town.mkv
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: So the easy solution in this case would be to rename the "ripped trailers" folder to "movies".

:idea: I ran tests with the test data above and I can't reproduce the issue, and the following debug commands also print the expected results given the files and configuration at hand:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -version
FileBot 5.1.3 (r10185)
$ filebot -mediainfo "ripped trailers" --format "{f.name} | {seconds} | {bytes} | {f.clutter}"
wrong side of town.mkv | 1389 | 356 MB | false
young frankenstein.mkv | 18 | 1.3 MB | true
$ filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.media.clutter.size=1 net.filebot.media.clutter.length=PT1S
$ filebot -mediainfo "ripped trailers" --format "{f.name} | {seconds} | {bytes} | {f.clutter}"
wrong side of town.mkv | 1389 | 356 MB | false
young frankenstein.mkv | 18 | 1.3 MB | false
:?: Do you get different results?

:?: Did you restart the FileBot Desktop application after creating a configuration file? (because the configuration file is only read at startup and changes don't affect running FileBot instances)
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

Looks like renaming the ripped trailers folder to movies worked, it's seeing the files and giving me a chance to choose the movie now if it doesn't recognized it.

I guess this would explain why my other folder on another PC I have named ready, tries to rename 80% of the trailers to "ready"

Learn something new everyday...thanks for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1971camaroguy wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:31 I guess this would explain why my other folder on another PC I have named ready, tries to rename 80% of the trailers to "ready"
:?: What are the file paths on your other PC? We can add these things to the Query Excludes & Series Mappings training data so it'll work better for you and others in the future.