conflict replace gets skipped

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
hama4reall

conflict replace gets skipped

Post by hama4reall »

I have two folders files & Media. I'm sorting everything in files to output it to Media but more than half of the videos is already sorted using Hardlink from files to Media and now i want to redo sorting everything in files to make sure everything is sorted alongside the new videos that aren't yet sorted.
Before that I'm testing before i actually start renaming ~2k files but Now i have come to a problem;
My filebot command is like this

Shell: Select all

~/bin/filebot -rename The.Escape.of.the.Seven.S02E04.1080p.Shafilm.mp4 --output output  -script fn:amc --action hardlink --log INFO --conflict replace -non-strict
(this is for testing before the actual process of sorting ~2k files)
so i run it twice to see if the --conflict replace does override the file in the second attempt. First attempt it's fine it sorted it

Console Output: Select all

Input: /mnt/mpathc/hamashareef/Lab/The.Escape.of.the.Seven.S02E04.1080p.Shafilm.mp4
Group files by movie or series
Group: {Series=The Escape of the Seven (2023)} => [The.Escape.of.the.Seven.S02E04.1080p.Shafilm.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
Lookup via [The Escape of the Seven, Runaway] [hamashareef, mpathc, The Escape of the Seven]
Fetching episode data for [The Escape of the Seven]
* The Escape of the Seven [200707] | 33 episodes | 1x01-17 .. 2x01-16
Fetching episode data for [Runaway]
* The Escape of the Seven [200707] | 33 episodes | 1x01-17 .. 2x01-16
* Runaway [198189] | 8 episodes | 1x01-08
[HARDLINK] from [/mnt/mpathc/hamashareef/Lab/The.Escape.of.the.Seven.S02E04.1080p.Shafilm.mp4] to [/mnt/mpathc/hamashareef/Lab/output/TV Shows/The Escape of the Seven {tmdb-200707}/Season 02/The Escape of the Seven - S02E04 - Episode 4.mp4]
Processed 1 file
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
But in the second attempt:

[HARDLINK] Skipped [/mnt/mpathc/hamashareef/Lab/The.Escape.of.the.Seven.S02E04.1080p.Shafilm.mp4] because [/mnt/mpathc/hamashareef/Lab/output/TV Shows/The Escape of the Seven {tmdb-200707}/Season 02/The Escape of the Seven - S02E04 - Episode 4.mp4] already exists
Finished without processing any files
It ignored the "--conflict replace" option even i tried with "--conflict override" or "--conflict OVERRIDE" as i saw the typos in some of the forum but still same output.

My Environment:

FileBot 5.1.3 (r10185) / Groovy 4.0.15 / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 21.0.2 / Linux 6.1.67-gentoo-whatbox (amd64)
I'm on a shared seedbox with a non-root user i compiled openjdk and compiled filebot and give the absolute path of java to filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Re: conflict replace gets skipped

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to process only files that have not yet been processed.

:arrow: Since you're using hardlinks, the link count will tell you if the file has been processed or not. See How do I process only specific kinds of files? › Option 4: Start FileBot with --file-filter from Terminal for details and examples.

:arrow: Alternatively, the existence / non-existence of xattr metadata. See Re-process previously organized files using local xattr metadata for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
hama4reall

Post by hama4reall »

Ps: the reason i want it to replace the videos is because initially i tried with the files folder not knowing the issue but then after it sorted the files i saw in the log that every duplicate/hardlinked was skipped and right after it was skipped filebot sorted them to the Unsorted folder which is not what i want because 1,681 files where put into the Unsorted folder because they already existed in the Media Folder.
In That initial process i run filebot with the filebot-watcher bash script that i modified like so:
https://pastebin.com/uAM9dsKk

With the command

Format: Select all

screen -S filebot ~/filebot-watcher.sh ~/files --output ~ --def jellyfin=xxx --conflict replace --action hardlink --def minLengthMS=3000 --def minFileSize=1000 --def excludeList=~/.config/filebot/amc-exclude-list.txt --def storeReport=~/.config/filebot/report --log-file ~/.config/filebot/amc.log --def movieFormat="Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KMovies':'Movies'}/{any{f.path.match(/Short/).upperInitial()}{f.path.match(/Anime/).upperInitial()}{anime?'Anime':''}{f.path.match(/Documentary/).upperInitial()}{genre=~/Documentary/?'Documentary':''}{genres=~/Animation/?'Animation':''}{info.OriginalLanguage.toLocale().displayLanguage}}/{~jellyfin.id}" seriesFormat="Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KShows':'Shows'}/{any{file.path.match(/Pesrian/).upperInitial()}{f.path.match(/Short/).upperInitial()}{f.path.match(/Anime/).upperInitial()}{anime?'Anime':''}{f.path.match(/Documentary/).upperInitial()}{genre=~/Documentary/?'Documentary':''}{genres=~/Animation/?'Animation':''}{info.OriginalLanguage.toLocale().displayLanguage}}/{~jellyfin.id}" animeFormat="Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KShows':'Shows'}/{file.path.match(/Perisan/).upperInitial()}/{any{file.path.match(/Anime/).upperInitial()}{anime?'Anime':''}}/{~jellyfin.id}" musicFormat="Media/Music/{~plex}" unsortedFormat="Media/Unsorted/{fn}.{ext}" --def movieDB=TheMovieDB seriesDB=TheMovieDB::TV animeDB=TheMovieDB::TV musicDB=ID3
The output was (couldn't upload it to pastebin)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE0oeh ... sp=sharing
hama4reall

Post by hama4reall »

rednoah wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 07:24 You'll want to process only files that have not yet been processed.

:arrow: Since you're using hardlinks, the link count will tell you if the file has been processed or not. See How do I process only specific kinds of files? › Option 4: Start FileBot with --file-filter from Terminal for details and examples.
I just saw your post before i post the last post, with

Format: Select all

--file-filter "f.linkCount == 1"
I'll be able to only process the files that haven't been hardlinked right? The rest will be ignored.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you use --action hardlink and --conflict replace and if source / destination are already the same file then FileBot will still skip the operation since deleting the hardlink and then creating the same hardlink again is effectively no operation:

Code: Select all

[HARDLINK] Skipped [A] because [B] already exists

:idea: --def unsorted is a higher level behaviour specific to the amc script and I guess it just doesn't mesh well with your use case. The amc script does not support fine-grained "unsorted for some reasons but not other reasons" behaviours. You'll want to disable --def unsorted or just process not-yet-processed files that don't fall into --def unsorted for the reason above.
hama4reall

Post by hama4reall »

I took your advise and skipped the already sorted files with the

--def excludeLink=y
from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215 which skips sombolic and hard links. This avoided the --def unsorted issue and sorted all my not sorted files with both

--conflict auto --action hardlink
options.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--def excludeLink=y is a good solution. I forgot the amc script had its own built-in option for skipping already-hardlinked files as well. :lol:
hama4reall

Post by hama4reall »

you already been a big help explaining the issue and referencing to solutions. thanks a lot