Windows version does not add season and episode when renaming?

Support for Windows users
ThrawnJL

Windows version does not add season and episode when renaming?

Post by ThrawnJL »

So I use 2 filebots. One on my NAS running in docker and on on windows.

both of them have the same version (5.1.3) and both run with the same string setup

Format: Select all

{n.colon(' - ')} ({y}){' CD'+pi}.{aco} {vf}{subt}
On my docker install it works as intended.

On my windows PC it all of a sudden does not add season number nor episode number just the name year and sound format.

Any idea what is going wrong? I tried removing and installing again but no luck.

Thank you all in advance!

/Thrawn
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows version does not add season and episode when renaming?

Post by rednoah »

The format above explicitly does not generate season / episode numbers. This is likely movie format, and not an episode format. Please read Format Expressions for details.

An episode format would look like this:

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
n ... series name
s00e00 ... season / episode numbers
t ... episode title

:idea: If you do not use {s00e00} in your format then you will not get season / episode numbers in the target file path.

:arrow: I recommend using the {plex} format for convenience. The {plex} binding will generate the correct path for the episode at hand. You can add media information as well.

{ plex.id % { " [$aco, $vf]" } }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ThrawnJL

Post by ThrawnJL »

rednoah wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 18:39 The format above explicitly does not generate season / episode numbers. This is likely movie format, and not an episode format. Please read Format Expressions for details.

An episode format would look like this:

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
n ... series name
s00e00 ... season / episode numbers
t ... episode title

:idea: If you do not use {s00e00} in your format then you will not get season / episode numbers in the target file path.

:arrow: I recommend using the {plex} format for convenience. The {plex} binding will generate the correct path for the episode at hand. You can add media information as well.

{ plex.id % { " [$aco, $vf]" } }
Ahhh....I had stared myself blind on this. Had mixed up the filebot docker movie string (the first to open there) with the filebot windows tvshow string.

Embarrassing!!

But thank you so much for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I recommend opening the Format Editor via Double-Click <New Names> ➔ Edit Format after matching. That way you can open the Format Editor for the specific currently selected File / Episode or File / Movie match. Prototyping with real match information is always a good idea, plus can't get Episode Mode / Movie Mode mixed up.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.