Remove the language tag from subtitle filenames

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Jukkie51

Remove the language tag from subtitle filenames

Post by Jukkie51 »

Hi there!,

i have a little question

i'm using a script to download subtitles automaticly.

in my command promt i'm using this:

filebot -script fn:suball "C:\path\to\my\movies" --lang nl -non-strict

it works perfectly as all the subtitles in my movie folder gets download automaticly!

but....

the only thing is.
when my movie is called: "movie.mp4"
the subtitle that gets downloaded is called: movie.nld.srt"

i don't want te ".nld" exlusion

how do i get this done?

thanks!!
rednoah
The Source

Re: subs

Post by rednoah »

It's better to keep it. If your software doesn't support that you'll have to just run an extra script and mass-rename your subtitle files after the filebot call.

Here's a script for that:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p2100
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: subs

Post by Ithiel »

I just started experimenting with the subtitle downloader via the GUI today, and yeah... that language tag is super annoying.
rednoah wrote: If your software doesn't support that you'll have to just run an extra script and mass-rename your subtitle files after the filebot call.
The problem is that I was hoping to do a mass subtitle download across my TV Shows collection, and some of them already have subtitles (all named the same as the file, without a language tag). Forcing the language tag in the file name means that I'm going to end up downloading subtitles for shows that already have them, then having to work through the existing file conflicts when trying to bulk rename everything, rather than being able to avoid the situation in the first place.

Australia is a very mono-linguistic nation, and English is the only subtitle language I'll ever be downloading, lol. Besides, you know how fussy I am about my file naming :-P

A little 'remove language tag' button in the GUI (and a similar flag with the cli) would be a big help here in removing the double-handling :-)
There can be only one Power² User