Filter List, Only Items Needing Renaming

Any questions? Need some help?
arrmo

Filter List, Only Items Needing Renaming

Post by arrmo » 08 Feb 2020, 00:39

Hi,

After I have selected the source directory, and matched items ... is there a way to filter the rename list to only those items that will be renamed? Meaning ... of 195 of 200 items show a green arrow (nothing to be done), how to filter the list to only show the 5 that will be renamed?

Thanks!

rednoah
The Source

Re: Filter List, Only Items Needing Renaming

Post by rednoah » 08 Feb 2020, 00:57

Unfortunately, there is no such filter.

:idea: You could however filter by "files not yet xattr tagged" which means you'll only ever get files that haven't yet been processed with FileBot and thus already xattr tagged.

:idea: Typically, you'd have separate input / output directories, loading files in from the input folder, organizing files into the output file structure, in one go. This way, your input folder only ever has new files needing to be renamed, and your output folder only ever contains files well-name and organized by FileBot.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

arrmo

Post by arrmo » 08 Feb 2020, 01:01

Hi,

Yes, that makes sense - no argument here. I admit, as I am using Plex, it sorts / organizes the files automatically ... but once in a while it "messes" up a name or two. So every so often I go in and correct it, but then I do see quite a lengthy list of items that don't need to be renamed, and a few that do.

Thanks!

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 08 Feb 2020, 08:06

Ah yes, if you're using Plex, then you definitely want to haver a dedicated Plex folder, and and a dedicated Input folder, so that files that appear in Plex always have to go through FileBot first.

e.g. use an absolute format like this to move & rename in one go from any location:

Code: Select all

/path/to/Plex/{plex}

arrmo

Post by arrmo » 08 Feb 2020, 11:48

OK, that makes sense. I admit, have to think about it a bit, as I have multiple users (family members ... LOL). And as I only rename once a month or so - not sure if this will block them from watching their shows or not (until I get around to renaming).

Thanks!!

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 08 Feb 2020, 12:51

Time to set up some sort of automation. ;)

Have an incoming folder that everyone has read/write access to, so everyone can drop their files, and then make your Plex destination folder read-only, so nobody can write files there (except filebot running locally on the NAS). Then you can set up automation somehow, either via regular cron tasks, or manually kicking off filebot somehow on demand.

arrmo

Post by arrmo » 08 Feb 2020, 15:28

That makes sense, will dig more. And I admit, wondering in the back of my mind if I can integrate this with my post-processing script (that transcodes to save space, removes commercials).

Thanks!