Page 1 of 3

License Activation Questions and Answers

Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 09:12
by princerufus
I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 10:10
by rednoah
Please PM me your name and @gmail.com address, so I can manually resend your license.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Oct 2018, 16:27
by water
had a nuclear moment and wiped the Mac in a temper , I am now realising I have lost my licence how can I get a new one?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 18 Oct 2018, 01:38
by rednoah
Please PM me your name and email address and order number, so I can manually find & resend your license. You can also probably find it in your email archive, unless you deleted it.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 22 Oct 2018, 11:09
by Antstorm
Ive just noticed only after buying my license that iinet which is my service provider is on your list for licenses not being sent , what do i do , i just purchased a license , got sent two emails , one receipt and one with a license number but no file for me to download , i have PM'ed you my Gmail account
thanks Ant

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 23 Oct 2018, 11:13
by deathmelon
I need to post before I can send a PM :)

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Oct 2018, 18:47
by smredford
posted

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 02:06
by mata7
i also need to post before I can send a PM

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 Nov 2018, 11:43
by skoobysnax23
I need to post before PM sent

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Nov 2018, 20:04
by brokenwu
I think this is the best place to ask this.
As a long time user I wanna finally support this project, but have no PayPal/CC, so transferring the money is kinda of an issue.
In the Microsoft store I can pay with SEPA which would be the easiest way for me.
Can I use the version purchased there to make my docker image functional again?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Nov 2018, 20:18
by rednoah
brokenwu wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:04 I think this is the best place to ask this.
As a long time user I wanna finally support this project, but have no PayPal/CC, so transferring the money is kinda of an issue.
In the Microsoft store I can pay with SEPA which would be the easiest way for me.
Can I use the version purchased there to make my docker image functional again?
Unfortunately, no. For Linux / Docker, you'll need a universal license which is only available via direct purchase (i.e not the Store).

Please PM me with name + gmail so we can figure something out.

I suggest a free 1 year FileBot license in exchange for a donation to some EU based open source project (i.e. VLC, MediaInfo, etc) of your choice.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 16 Nov 2018, 18:10
by dansalcedo
Hi,

Just purchased a 1 year license. When I go to activate either by opening license with Filebot or within Filebot I get the same error.

Here is the message I get:

License Error: C:\Users\danth\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\license.txt

Both the license file and text file are 1kb

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 16 Nov 2018, 23:33
by dansalcedo
Figured it out. My license.txt file was set as read only. Changed that and activated.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018, 05:48
by rednoah
FileBot requires write permissions to it’s own app data folder, otherwise lots and lots of things will break.

Do you have any ideas why the app data folder permissions might be read-only? This should never happen.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018, 18:44
by ahabsito
Hi,

I bought Filebot in the Windows Store, can I use the same license for my NAS? I missed the email with the license file.

Thanks,
Jean

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018, 21:03
by rednoah
ahabsito wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 18:44 I bought Filebot in the Windows Store, can I use the same license for my NAS? I missed the email with the license file.
You'll need a universal license to run FileBot on your Linux NAS:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265

A Microsoft Store purchase does not enable you to run FileBot on platforms not supported by the Microsoft Store.

You may request a 1 year complimentary universal license though, which is a completely separate license system from the Microsoft Store:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6081

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018, 22:01
by jezpakani
Posting so I can PM.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 25 Nov 2018, 17:58
by TopDownDriver
No license came through.

Can you resend in a ZIP file. Only way I can get an attachment.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 25 Nov 2018, 18:58
by rednoah
TopDownDriver wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 17:58 No license came through.

Can you resend in a ZIP file. Only way I can get an attachment.
I'm happy to resend to your gmail address, which is known to always work.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 Dec 2018, 23:31
by mistrykb
Did not get muy licene i payed using Paypal

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 18 Dec 2018, 00:57
by ericganton
Posting so I can PM. I can't download the license file from my email.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 23 Dec 2018, 16:04
by zero80472
Need to post so i can PM for licence key

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Dec 2018, 08:16
by evansgo
Hmm, I've just registered and received a Licence key, but its text in a message there is no attachment.
I did try to create a key by copying and pasting it but get the License error: Null message so I guess I did something wrong.

The instructions say that I can copy and paste it in, but at no point do I get this prompt, nor was I able to fine any other method apart from me asking to rename a file and then getting asked for a file (which I don't have!)

There's clearly an issue here, its a great program but you are making this unnecessarily difficult for people to actually pay you to use it, we're not all programmers....
How do I turn the text into a key (its the GUI version by the way)?
Thanks

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Dec 2018, 09:16
by rednoah
I've resent your license to your Gmail address. I'm not sure what the error means exactly, something unexpected, so it must be a corrupted / modified license file, which then isn't valid and can't be parsed.

It's possible that your email client messed up the license file. Never heard anybody have issues with Gmail though, so that'll work.

:idea: The license key is plain text, so you can just create a plain text file, paste and then you have a license file. But that's not usually necessary as you should have received your license file as attachment, but some providers block attachments / strip attachments from email without telling you, so things do get unnecessarily complicated if that happens.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Dec 2018, 09:26
by evansgo
OK thanks, yes got that and its worked fine.
Not sure if there is an issue with your instructions though, no-where could I see a way to copy and paste the text, Mac GUI version....

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Dec 2018, 09:38
by rednoah
Oh, I see. You were looking for the "Paste License Key" button. That one was only added with FileBot 4.8.5 (currently in beta) for users that can't receive attachments. Sorry about that. Seems the docs have been updated a little bit too soon.

If you're curious about the new release, please give it a try:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9535

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Dec 2018, 09:45
by evansgo
Haha, awesome, that explains it! Thanks :)

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 27 Dec 2018, 14:51
by Taksee
Hi, I purchased a License from the Windows Store back in December 7, 2016. I have a copy of the receipt and the order number from my Microsoft Account Purchase History, however, I do not believe I ever received my license. Thank you.

To elaborate, the Windows Store version works fine and I have had no issues since I'm assuming the license installs directly from the Windows Store.
However, I'm trying to install Filebot on my Ubuntu Server and it's asking for my License.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 27 Dec 2018, 17:45
by rednoah
Taksee wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 14:51 Hi, I purchased a License from the Windows Store back in December 7, 2016. I have a copy of the receipt and the order number from my Microsoft Account Purchase History, however, I do not believe I ever received my license. Thank you.

To elaborate, the Windows Store version works fine and I have had no issues since I'm assuming the license installs directly from the Windows Store.
However, I'm trying to install Filebot on my Ubuntu Server and it's asking for my License.
Unfortunately, your Windows Store purchase cannot be used on Ubuntu. Please follow the link below for requesting a complimentary license:
viewtopic.php?t=9517

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 31 Dec 2018, 17:57
by hgreene624
I didnt get a license file and the paste option never appears

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 01 Jan 2019, 06:11
by rednoah
hgreene624 wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 17:57 I didnt get a license file and the paste option never appears
Please PM me your name + gmail + Paddle purchase number so I can resend your license file.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 03 Jan 2019, 15:26
by siyago
Hi there,

I've purchased the license on new year eve but I've not receive it to-date., Can you resend the license to [email protected]? Turn out my Google Drive is out of space which disallow my Gmail account to receive any email. Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 03 Jan 2019, 16:15
by rednoah
siyago wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 15:26 I've purchased the license on new year eve but I've not receive it to-date., Can you resend the license to [email protected]? Turn out my Google Drive is out of space which disallow my Gmail account to receive any email. Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.
Sent.

GMail does indeed block email if you're over quota:
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=OverQuotaTemp

Please make sure that the email address you enter can actually receive email next time. :lol:

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 10 Jan 2019, 03:55
by vanris
I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 10 Jan 2019, 04:31
by rednoah
vanris wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 03:55 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
I require name and Paddle Order Number. If you don't know your Paddle Order Number, please contact Paddle so they can help you recover your order using your payment information.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 10 Jan 2019, 04:39
by vanris
rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 04:31
vanris wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 03:55 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
I require name and Paddle Order Number. If you don't know your Paddle Order Number, please contact Paddle so they can help you recover your order using your payment information.
Sent what I believe it is via DM!

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Jan 2019, 17:28
by Thadeu
I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.

Thadeu Lomonaco - [email protected]
Thanks

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019, 02:26
by rednoah
Thadeu wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 17:28 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.

Thadeu Lomonaco - ...
Thanks
Sure. What's your Paddle Order Number?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019, 06:39
by oosty
Posting so I can PM

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 Jan 2019, 08:17
by brolos
Hi

Posting for PM, my activation email never made it..

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 Jan 2019, 08:20
by rednoah
brolos wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 08:17 Posting for PM, my activation email never made it..
Looks like it's stuck in limbo because your mail server is broken, or silently rejecting email:

Code: Select all

Will retry in 600 seconds: [email protected] → [email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6733123)' Server response: 451 Internal resource temporarily unavailable - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#451 [R0aC5nXbN3--MilE7S8Vwg.au19]
Please PM me your Gmail address so I can resend.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 Jan 2019, 08:24
by brolos
Hi it came through thanks..

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 11:01
by olemariete
Hello, I received the email with the license but I do not know how to download the file. I click on download and this browser page opens. How can I get the file to activate the program?
Image

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 11:38
by rednoah
Download refers to the general download page, where you can download the FileBot installer package, not your license file. Your license file will have arrived via email as attachment.

The license email looks like this:
Image

If you're using Outlook, then you're likely gonna find it in the SPAM folder accessible via the Outlook website.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 15:28
by olemariete
Ok, this was in the spam. Thank you

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 12:40
by Lomnar
I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 15:02
by rednoah
Lomnar wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:40 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
Did you check your SPAM folder? If you PM me your Name / Email / Order ID (and Gmail if Email isn't Gmail) then I can send it again.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 06 Feb 2019, 20:18
by dsongman
Posting so that I can DM. I also received the Paddle confirmation but no second email with license file. Will DM details.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Feb 2019, 01:17
by shaunpichoskie
Activating this program is a joke, its maybe easy if you can follow there how to. But with no email attachment to copy or spot to paste the key I am starting to think this is a scam i fell for.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Feb 2019, 03:21
by rednoah
shaunpichoskie wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 01:17 Activating this program is a joke, its maybe easy if you can follow there how to. But with no email attachment to copy or spot to paste the key I am starting to think this is a scam i fell for.

I've resent your licence file:

Code: Select all

09.02.2019 03:13	Delivered: [email protected] → [email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6943319)' Server response: 250 OK

Note that your license file has successfully been sent to your hotmail address, and was accepted successfully by hotmail, so I know that you've got it, so if you can't find it, then you may want to read up on how to find the spam / junk mail folder in your favorite email service:

Code: Select all

08.02.2019 16:37	Delivered: [email protected] → [email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6943319)' Server response: 250 OK

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 10:30
by Unbeliever
Bought Filebot in Microsoft Store. Very happy for the program!!
Did receive order and receipt (MS order nr 3150199303). Have been using it since then (2018-08-11) but after a recent Win reinstall I cannot license Filebot anymore. Cannot remember how I did it the first time since I have no email with a license file...

What should I do?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 10:37
by rednoah
Unbeliever wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 10:30 Bought Filebot in Microsoft Store. Very happy for the program!!
Did receive order and receipt (MS order nr 3150199303). Have been using it since then (2018-08-11) but after a recent Win reinstall I cannot license Filebot anymore. Cannot remember how I did it the first time since I have no email with a license file...

What should I do?
You have purchased FileBot on the Windows Store, which means it's completely unrelated to this particular thread, which is about the standalone license system.

If you have trouble with the Windows Store, then it's best to contact Microsoft Support. In general, if you have purchased FileBot on the Windows Store, then you don't have a separate license file, but you can always reinstall via the Store as long as you log in with the same Microsoft account. It works like any other digital purchase on iOS / Android / Steam / etc.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 11:03
by Unbeliever
Ahh, of course!

Thnx!

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 22:57
by aziesmer
Posting to PM

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 14 Feb 2019, 17:01
by Moebius
Having trouble finding PM.... will keep looking.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 Feb 2019, 12:35
by Splash
No license receive, i PM you thanks you! :)
Sorry for my english i'm french!

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 Feb 2019, 18:42
by rednoah
You have mistyped your email address. It's @gmail.com and not @mail.com probably. :lol:

Code: Select all

Failed: [email protected] → [email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6998508)' Server response: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Feb 2019, 16:11
by LordCrumb
Posting so I can send a PM.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 26 Feb 2019, 18:07
by Alfke
Activated on Windows ok.

For Linux, I got this error:

Code: Select all

(process:18308): dconf-CRITICAL **: 10:58:59.632: unable to create directory '/run/user/0/dconf': Permission denied.  dconf will not work properly.
FileBot License *edited* (Valid-Until: 2069-02-26) has been activated successfully.
Everything is working. Can I ignore the error or do I need to re-run the command line as root?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 27 Feb 2019, 02:58
by rednoah
1.
Looks fine to me. You probably don't want to run anything as root, unless absolutely necessary. Running FileBot as root is never necessary.


2.
Some random Linux warning message. Since it says user/0 I reckon it's wanting to do stuff as root, but no idea. You can Google dconf if you want to know what dconf does:

Code: Select all

(process:18308): dconf-CRITICAL **: 10:58:59.632: unable to create directory '/run/user/0/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.
As far as FileBot is concerned, FileBot activated successfully:

Code: Select all

FileBot License *edited* (Valid-Until: 2069-02-26) has been activated successfully.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 Mar 2019, 16:39
by bigstotty
Hi
I got my license email through but it was just text so I tried creating a text file called FileBot_License_PX7166424.psm and then using cli but get a error

Code: Select all

admin@xxxxxx:~$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
Apache Commons VFS: [zip, rar]
FFprobe: 3.3.7
Chromaprint: 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-02-26 (r552)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_201
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
CPU/MEM: 2 Core / 243 MB Max Memory / 15 MB Used Memory
OS: Linux (arm)
HW: Linux xxxxxx 3.10.105 #23824 SMP Tue Feb 12 16:48:50 CST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armada38x_rs816
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin
Package: SPK
License: UNREGISTERED
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Code: Select all

admin@xxxxxx:~$ filebot --license /volume1/homes/admin/FileBot_License_PX7166424.psm
License Error: Bad Signature
It's a synology rs816 email pm'd

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 Mar 2019, 16:58
by rednoah
You will find your license in text-file form in your mail box. Possibly in your spam folder if you can't find it right away.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 Mar 2019, 17:24
by bigstotty
No text file just the text in the email message itself

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 Mar 2019, 17:27
by bigstotty
Sorry ignore me it was attached to the other email as a file.......

.....feel kinda stupid now

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 06 Mar 2019, 05:04
by rednoah
Yep. The first email is from the Paddle checkout, and the second one is directly from our license system.

Both contain the same information though.

Out of curiousity, did you figure out how your copy & pasted license file is different from the working one in the email attachment?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 05:40
by moblaw
Also posting since I've somehow lost my license key from my inbox. Still have my paypal invoice.
Can rednoah or someone else help me with that? :-)

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 05:56
by rednoah
Please contact Paddle with your email / name / PayPal invoice so they can look up your order number. Once I have your order number, then I can find and resend the license file.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 23 Mar 2019, 19:58
by ydoc88
i haven't received my license for one year. how do i pm you?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 24 Mar 2019, 05:43
by rednoah
PM message are enabled once you have 1 public post or more.

:!: NOTE: It's @gmail.com and not @gamil.com. I've resent your license to your correct email address. Please absolutely make sure to type your email address correctly when making an online purchase. Best to use copy & paste to copy your email address, if your browser doesn't already suggest it.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 15:44
by crack1986
I need resend me the license

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 00:07
by iconly1
it wont let me pm you. i bought on microsoft and need a key for my gui

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 05:18
by rednoah
If you have purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store, then you can install it via the Microsoft Store. No universal license key required.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 08:31
by Geir
Hi! My license file suddenly stopped working (bought in dec 2018, running version 4.8.2). Have tried to apply the license file both on start (by doubleclicking) and while doing a rename.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 08:33
by rednoah
What does the error message say when it's not working?

Have you tried the latest release?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 09:03
by Geir
Seems like my ip was blacklisted (using Private Internet Access), switching to another location fixed the issue.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 20:56
by ilatimer
Hi,
I have got a Windows store License but I would prefer just the normal license. Is there anyway to convert it?

Cheers

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 Apr 2019, 08:44
by rednoah
No, a Microsoft Store purchase does not include a universal license.

You may request a free 1 year complimentary universal license:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 14 Apr 2019, 19:19
by friggy
Posting so I can PM. 😁

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 16 Apr 2019, 03:37
by linkboy
Posting since I'm a moron and deleted the email with my license file.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Apr 2019, 05:11
by speshals
I need to participate in more discussions to send you a PM.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Apr 2019, 07:16
by rednoah
speshals wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 05:11 I need to participate in more discussions to send you a PM.
Re-sent to your new email address.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Apr 2019, 07:19
by rameshv
need to post before I can PM info for license

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 19 Apr 2019, 08:18
by rednoah
Note that this thread applies only to users who have purchased a universal license via Paddle from our website direction, but NOT to users who have purchased from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 20 Apr 2019, 13:20
by jiuyouwang
post for pm

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 May 2019, 05:38
by carlosmoreira
Hello, I tried to activate my license today but I got these error messages:

Code: Select all

Activate License P***
Fetch failed: Try again in 5 seconds (2 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
Activate License P***
Fetch failed: Try again in 10 seconds (1 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
Activate License P***
Fetch failed: https://license.filebot.net/verify/P***
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.post(WebRequest.java:198)
        at net.filebot.License.lambda$verifyLicense$4(License.java:149)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$null$0(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
        at net.filebot.License.verifyLicense(License.java:150)
        at net.filebot.License.parseLicenseText(License.java:109)
        at net.filebot.License.importLicense(License.java:180)
        at net.filebot.Settings.configureLicense(Settings.java:163)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:127)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.SignatureException: Signature does not match.
        ... 14 more

License Error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
What should I do?

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 05 May 2019, 06:24
by rednoah
1.

Code: Select all

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
This error message indicates a generic SSL network issue on your machine. Probably nothing you can do about. Maybe it'll just work again tomorrow.


2.
Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 06 May 2019, 00:28
by fbnsfo
Must post to PM, for license notification resend.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 11 May 2019, 23:52
by carlosmoreira
rednoah wrote: 05 May 2019, 06:24 1.

Code: Select all

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
This error message indicates a generic SSL network issue on your machine. Probably nothing you can do about. Maybe it'll just work again tomorrow.


2.
Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.

Code: Select all

$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Fetch failed: Try again in 5 seconds (2 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.secur
ity.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
Fetch failed: Try again in 10 seconds (1 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.secu
rity.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
Fetch failed: https://api.filebot.net/v5/script/fn.jar.xz
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature ch
eck failed
        at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$9(CachedResource.java:215)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$null$0(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
        at net.filebot.MemoizedResource.get(Resource.java:36)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptBundle.getScript(ScriptBundle.java:32)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:163)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:37)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:132)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: s
ignature check failed
        at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.security.SignatureException: Signature does not match.
        ... 15 more

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature ch
eck failed
        at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$9(CachedResource.java:215)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$null$0(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
        at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
        at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
        at net.filebot.MemoizedResource.get(Resource.java:36)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptBundle.getScript(ScriptBundle.java:32)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:163)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:37)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:132)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.security.SignatureException: Signature does not match.
        ... 15 more

Error (o_O)

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 May 2019, 00:08
by carlosmoreira
Just followed what was said here: viewtopic.php?t=3797#p21247
Installed Oracle JDK and it is working now.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 May 2019, 04:45
by rednoah
Installing the latest version of Java could also resolve root certificate issues, especially if your previous Java runtime was extremely outdated.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 May 2019, 13:13
by Vittatus
Hello, I just bought a license a few hours ago but I have not received anything, pay by paypal and the paypal receipt if I received it but the other 2 do not.

thank you

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 12 May 2019, 13:26
by rednoah
Vittatus wrote: 12 May 2019, 13:13 I just bought a license a few hours ago but I have not received anything, pay by paypal and the paypal receipt if I received it but the other 2 do not.
Please PM me your name + email if you don't have your Paddle Order number.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 13 May 2019, 10:06
by rdayen
sorry need to post before PM...

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 13 May 2019, 10:30
by rednoah
If you have purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store, then you neither have a standalone license, nor can you loose your license. Microsoft / Apple will remember your purchase history in your Microsoft / Apple Account, and so you can just re-install via the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.

:idea: This thread is about the standalone universal license which you'd receive after purchasing FileBot on this website directly, and not via the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 14 May 2019, 21:22
by Steviewunda
Hi - I've been trying to use Filebot unsuccessfully and I'm assuming the new version needs to be licensed, but when I try to activate my license I get the following in the log:

Code: Select all

May 15, 2019 8:02:54 AM net.filebot.CacheManager acquireDiskStore
WARNING: Current application revision (r6224) does not match cache revision (r5789): reset cache
May 15, 2019 8:18:11 AM net.filebot.License lambda$verifyLicense$4
WARNING: Activate License P5816225
May 15, 2019 8:18:13 AM net.filebot.Settings configureLicense
SEVERE: License Error: C:\Users\stevi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\license.txt
May 15, 2019 8:28:00 AM net.filebot.License lambda$verifyLicense$4
WARNING: Activate License P5816225
May 15, 2019 8:28:03 AM net.filebot.Settings configureLicense
SEVERE: License Error: C:\Users\stevi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\license.txt
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep2+a+very+bloody+affair+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep9+the+better+angels+of+our+nature+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep8+war+is+all+hell+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep1+the+cause+1999
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep5+the+universe+of+battle+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep4+simply+murder+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep3+forever+free+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=The+Civil+War+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep7+most+hallowed+ground+1990
May 15, 2019 8:35:14 AM net.filebot.CachedResource fileNotFound
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=the+civil+war+ep6+valley+of+the+shadow+of+death+1990
May 15, 2019 9:12:06 AM net.filebot.License lambda$verifyLicense$4
WARNING: Activate License P5816225
May 15, 2019 9:12:08 AM net.filebot.Settings configureLicense
SEVERE: License Error: C:\Users\stevi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\license.txt

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 15 May 2019, 01:09
by Steviewunda
Ignore the previous post please - I think it might have been user error - it appears to be working now

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 May 2019, 01:23
by ikhanic76
posting so I can send a PM

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 17 May 2019, 03:22
by rednoah
ikhanic76 wrote: 17 May 2019, 01:23 posting so I can send a PM
Please contact Paddle Support (Paddle is our Reseller) with your Name and Payment information so they can help you look up your Order Number:
https://paddle.com/support/contact/

:idea: I'll need the Order Number to look up your license. I couldn't find it via the email you provided.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 27 May 2019, 14:03
by HDDriller
Ah, the secret is I have to make a post first.

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Posted: 07 Jun 2019, 08:00
by Chedd88
Hello, new user. I believe I had a typo in my email when I purchased a key. I will PM as per OP