Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2023-03-28 (r895)
Groovy: 4.0.9
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.6
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 24 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 940 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 66 GB | NTFS [Plex ASUS] @ 774 GB | NTFS [Plex2 ASUS] @ 479 GB | NTFS [PlexOne] @ 1.6 TB | NTFS [PlexSwap] @ 615 GB | NTFS [PlexFour] @ 786 GB | NTFS [PlexFive] @ 4.8 TB | NTFS [PlexThree] @ 4.2 TB | NTFS [PlexEight] @ 3.3 TB | NTFS [PlexNine] @ 1.4 TB | NTFS [PlexSix] @ 5 TB | NTFS [PlexSeven] @ 2.8 TB | NTFS [PlexTwo] @ 1.6 TB | NTFS [PlexTen] @ 3.5 TB | NTFS [PlexTwelve] @ 3.1 TB | NTFS [Plex Thirteen] @ 4.5 TB | NTFS [PlexEleven] @ 3.4 TB | NTFS [Plex Fourteen] @ 1.3 TB | NTFS [Plex Fifteen] @ 2.2 TB | NTFS [PlexSixteen] @ 4.4 TB | NTFS [Plex Seventeen] @ 2.8 TB
DATA: C:\filebot\data
Package: ZIP
License: FileBot License XXXXXXXX (Valid-Until: 2024-03-30)

My Media is under drive letter L: and currently looks like this:

Code: Select all

L:\TV Shows\I, Sniper (2019)\Season 01\I, Sniper - S01E01 - The Road to Washington, D.C.mp4
I want it to look like this:

L:\TV Shows\I, Sniper (2019) {tmdb-124744} \Season 01\I, Sniper - S01E01 - The Road to Washington, D.C.mp4
In folder mode I drop the parent folder into filebot

I have tried using

/{emby.id} 

/ {emby.id.parent}

/ {plex.id}

/ {plex.id.parent}
Most results require me to manually match and then all match's require me to edit the name to get rid of the season folder

L:\TV Shows\I, Sniper (2021) {tmdb-124744}\Season 01
]

https://imgur.com/a/JpEieaV
rednoah
The Source

Re: Trying to rename parent TV Folders in Plex Format

Post by rednoah »

You are dropping Folder items. That's unusual. You'll want to rewrite the file paths for each file. You cannot rename the series folder.Are you accidentally doing LINK-DROP to force add Folder items rather than the files inside the folder?

Please double-click on the New Names item at hand and then select Edit Format so that we can see the format that is being used. The screenshot indicates that you are using {emby.id.parent} which doesn't make much sense for renaming Episode items.

EDIT:

Oh, I see now! You read the manual, but you already had your specific use case in mind, so you misinterpreted the documentation to fit your use case. Folder Mode doesn't do what you think it does:
rednoah wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 05:12 :!: You can only rename Movie / Episode folders, just like you can only rename Movie / Episode files. You cannot rename Series folders or Season folders.

:!: If you are organizing Movie folders in Folder Mode for {plex} then you need to adjust your format to {plex.parent} to account for the fact that you are organizing parent folders rather files.
:!: Folder Mode allows you to process Episode folders, as if they were Episode files, because the file path is the same:

I, Sniper - S01E01
I, Sniper - S01E01.mkv
:!: You cannot rename Series folders, because you cannot rename "Series files" either:

I, Sniper
I, Sniper.mkv

:arrow: You'll want to drop your files as usual, specify your target format as usual, and then click Rename, and let FileBot re-organize the files, which includes creating/deleting folders as necessary:

L:/{ emby.id }

:!: You notably cannot rename "Series" items. FileBot conceptually only understands "Episode" items and if the dropped file path is neither, then things will go random, because FileBot will interpret the input as "Episode" somehow if forced to do so. But you can rewrite all the file paths of all your Episode files (rather than some common parent folder) to effectively achieve the same result.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tyrant666

Re: Trying to rename parent TV Folders in Plex Format

Post by tyrant666 »

Thank you for your help