AnibDB Issue, before wasn't the case?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Snowburden

AnibDB Issue, before wasn't the case?

Post by Snowburden »

Not sure if it's an update that I didn't see, but out of nowhere, the AniDB scraper re-namer thing doesn't do the 1x01 thing anymore.

Example: Bleach - 1x01 - Episode Name

All I get now is: Bleach - 01 - Episode Name

Which is great and all, HOWEVER, the AniDB scraper on XBMC doesn't recognize it. It only recognizes the 1x01 thing, not just "01".

Under edit Format, I have the example {n} - {sxe} - {t} which put the example to "Firefly 1x01 - Serentiy", which the AniDB scraper on XBMC can recognize. But what's odd is the example in Filebot states "Firefly 1x01 - Serentiy", and when I pick it and put episodes in so I can rename, all I get is "Bleach - 01 - Episode Name", without the '1x'.

Are any of you getting the same thing? Or is my Filebot broken? I uninstalled and reinstalled even before the 4.0 update, but same thing? Either an update that you did screwed it up, or something is wrong with my computer - e.g, registry to FileBot is messed up or something.

What can I do? Because right now I'm just copying and pasting the "1x", which is getting really tedious now.
rednoah
The Source

Re: AnibDB Issue, before wasn't the case?

Post by rednoah »

When using AniDB as datasource you will never get 1x01 because Anime on AniDB do not have the concept of seasons. There for no Season anything. That's how it's supposed to work and I'm pretty sure the XBMC/Plex AniDB scrapers can work with that.

I assure you this has always been the case since forever, and will be the case forever.

1. I guess you figured out the format? That's the first step.

Code: Select all

{n} - {sxe} - {t}
2. Now what keeps you from doing this? Just hard-coding the literal '1x' should be obvious.

{n} - 1x{sxe} - {t}
3. Or quite literally this logic "If {sxe} is a simple number then add '1x' in front":

{n} - {sxe.isNumber() ? '1x' : ''}{sxe} - {t}

3. could have easily been Copy & Pasted from the examples, but even if you don't bother to RTFM I'd expect you to come up with 2. before going at it manually...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Snowburden

Post by Snowburden »

Thanks! I should of thought of just adding the 1x before the {sxe}. I just don't know what happened, but before whatever happened, whether it was an update or something on my computer {n} - {sxe} - {t} did have the 1x, but by picking that in the interface you get the name and everything, but no 1x whatsoever. This code, the example {n} - 1x{sxe} - {t} - shows the example of Firefly - 1x1x01 - Serenity, but in reality, just the 1x{sxe} is actually used so it looks like "Firefly - 1x01 - Serenity.

Anyway, yeah, don't understand what went wrong, but thanks for that the number 2 code. Works great! And yes, I knew that AniDB doesn't do seasons for Anime and the like, but still. Don't understand why the default codes that you can do, that AniDB scraper only excepts, doesn't work.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The {sxe} binding is for 1x01, in case of anime you'll want 01, in case of multi-eps you'll want 1x01x02 and it's doing all that automatically. Likewise {s00e00} will evaluate to S01E01 proper shows and E01 for anime.

Since anime doesn't have seasons, but HTPC will probably check against TheTVDB, it's better to have e.g. Naruto 99 (Episode 99) instead of Naruto 1x99 (Season 1 Episode 99) which doesn't exist.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.