How do I generate movie cover images for movies that have not be processed with FileBot?

Any questions? Need some help?
oculusquest

How do I generate movie cover images for movies that have not be processed with FileBot?

Post by oculusquest »

Hi!
Loving the application so far - thank you so much!

Can I please ask if two functionalities are available (and I've missed) or can be added please:

1. Is there a way to download the poster as per the post processing options but without actually renaming the file. For example, I have all the harry potter movies in a folder named per how I want so I don't want them to be renamed but I would like to download all the movie posters swiftly without manually getting each from tmbd? I know I could go through the rename process and then undo but that is quite a mission as I do have over 1000 movies.

2. Once you have the poster, is there any way to "attach" it to the video file itself so the automatic thumbnail (usually at a random time interval and meaningless) can be replaced my the movie/series poster? This would make it much easier to scroll the selection once plugged into a TV etc? I know plex etc can do this in a way but would like a completely offline method

Thank you for considering! 
rednoah
The Source

Re: Please advise if possible

Post by rednoah »

Post-Processing Features such as Fetch cover images can be used without processing files, if the files have previously been processed with FileBot and thus have xattr metadata.

:?: Why not process all the files? You can have your custom format generate the file names you want. You'll get consistent naming, and artwork, and xattr metadata for next time.

:idea: Fetch artwork and NFO files (command-line only) could be an option but does require files to already follow standard naming and folder structure.

Yes, but I would strongly recommend not modifying files unless you know exactly what you're doing and have a backup. Read Write Embedded Tags (command-line only) for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
oculusquest

Re: How do I generate movie cover images for movies that have not be processed with FileBot?

Post by oculusquest »

Thank you!

For the custom format, what would be the syntax if I wanted movies numbered in order of release in the folder eg. 1- ...Philosophers stone, 3 - ...Prisoner of Azkaban
oculusquest

Re: How do I generate movie cover images for movies that have not be processed with FileBot?

Post by oculusquest »

Tried the movie collection index but still not giving quite what I want. Is there a file name format that keeps the original name?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

oculusquest wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 09:30 Tried the movie collection index but still not giving quite what I want.
:?: What do you want? What have you tried? What do you get? What is the difference?

oculusquest wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 09:30 Is there a file name format that keeps the original name?
:?: Have you tried {fn} current file name yet?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.