TV series HOTEL won't name episodes correctly

Any questions? Need some help?
ChefGregS

TV series HOTEL won't name episodes correctly

Post by ChefGregS »

So I have been doing some extensive fixing of thetvdb.com site on the series HOTEL (1982-1988) and after tons of research, I have gotten the episodes in the correct airdate order. I have also been working on posters and descriptions of the episodes. I last worked on the series on December 31. Season 5 doesn't want to play nice. IMDB (tt0085032) (from what I gather) is the DVD ordering. Thetvdb (https://thetvdb.com/series/hotel/seasons/official/5) listing in airdate order is what I want. But using thetvdb in filebot gets all the other episodes correct but will NOT do these 3 correctly.

Episode 12, 13, & 14
Double Take
Till Death Do Us Part
Power Play

Please help...I am at yet another loss!!

Greg

Screenshot Screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Re: TV series HOTEL won't name episodes correctly

Post by rednoah »

ChefGregS wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 07:28 Screenshot
The New Names screenshot suggests that you are using TheMovieDB / Default Order:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -list --q "Hotel" --db TheMovieDB::TV --filter "t =~ /Double Take|Till Death Do Us Part|Power Play/" --log INFO
Hotel - 5x12 - Power Play
Hotel - 5x13 - Double Take
Hotel - 5x14 - Till Death Do Us Part

ChefGregS wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 07:28 Screenshot
The episode order shown in the TheTVDB website screenshot matches TheTVDB / Default Order:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -list --q "Hotel" --db TheTVDB --filter "t =~ /Double Take|Till Death Do Us Part|Power Play/" --log INFO
Hotel - 5x12 - Double Take
Hotel - 5x13 - Till Death Do Us Part
Hotel - 5x14 - Power Play

:arrow: So select TheTVDB / Default Order and not TheMovieDB / Default Order if that is what you want.

:!: Note that if you are organizing files for Plex then you must make files conform TheMovieDB / Default Order (as per your Plex library settings) by force via Manual Matching if necessary.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

OMG...I would swear on a stack of Bibles that I had been doing thetvdb the entire time. While I did TRY the other options to see if they fixed the issue...I always went back to thetvdb... Yet, I just loaded it up and tried again, and as you showed, it's fine. WTF!!!???

OOOOOh....one sec.. I just noticed something. So while I was working on another show (Dinosaurs) I had switched my preferences to Production order because I wanted Season 5 to show the way they meant it to show (The series finale is Changing Nature) rather than the aired order (they didn't want to traumatize kids about the death of the family) where that show is in the middle of the season. So when I set the prefs back to Aired order it goes back to being incorrect (power play, double take, death.....) but when prefs is set to Production order it shows up in the correct order (which is was aired in - Double.. Till death... Power...) That doesn't make sense but it works so I will go with it.

Greg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Double Take / Till Death Do Us Part / Power Play is the same for all available orders on TheTVDB. Power Play / Double Take / Till Death Do Us Part is not possible on TheTVDB as far as I can see, since none of the orders list episodes in this order.

:arrow: https://thetvdb.com/series/hotel/seasons/official/5

:arrow: https://thetvdb.com/series/hotel/seasons/dvd/5 (DVD order is missing Season 1 to Season 4)

Screenshot
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

I have no clue why I saw what I saw. I know they are not that way in the db of thetvdb. Which is why I was so confused originally. And while I took the picture of it with IMDB I really did try it with all the db's. And all were the same. But, no matter what happened (maybe I was actually asleep...lol) but it is working fine now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. If you ever run into some issue like that again, then we can investigate. You can always press F6 to open the details view and check the Episode object metadata that FileBot is working with internally.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

rednoah wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 21:11 No worries. If you ever run into some issue like that again, then we can investigate. You can always press F6 to open the details view and check the Episode object metadata that FileBot is working with internally.
Thanks!! That is awesome information to know.. I do fall into some odd things at times and several times I may spend hours trying to get a file or a group of files to work correctly...now I know how to dive into them and will be able to share more/better info with you...

Greg