Rename multipart episodes

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
kolbdog32

Rename multipart episodes

Post by kolbdog32 »

Hi I was just wondering is there a format i can use to rename multipart episodes without the dash in between the two episodes
The episode i want to rename is Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04 - Lullaby for Baby Vlad & Space Is the Place
But I would like it to be like this in this format Let's Go Luna - S01E03E04 - Lullaby for Baby Vlad & Space Is the Place

Here is the current formatting I use:

Code: Select all

{n}{' - S' + s.pad(2) + episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }.collect{'E' + it.episode.pad(2) }.join('-') + ' - ' + episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }.collect{it.title }.join(' & ') }
If anyone has idea how to change the format so its without the dash in the middle i would be grateful. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename multipart episodes

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: You can use {plex} as format, or {n} - {s00e00} - {t}, etc.

:idea: If the file at hand is named "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" then FileBot will already have matched the episode to a multi-episode object so all the default bindings will work as they all support multi-episode objects. Your format (Did you write this format? What is it trying to do anyway?) does not account for this use case.

Screenshot

:!: Your custom format seems to be built for the purpose of inferring the multi-episode numbers for files that are not named "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" so something does not make sense. Perhaps you would like to provide more context? Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text if "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" does not represent the files at hand that you are trying to deal with.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kolbdog32

Post by kolbdog32 »

rednoah wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 14:05 :arrow: You can use {plex} as format, or {n} - {s00e00} - {t}, etc.

:idea: If the file at hand is named "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" then FileBot will already have matched the episode to a multi-episode object so all the default bindings will work as they all support multi-episode objects. Your format (Did you write this format? What is it trying to do anyway?) does not account for this use case.

Screenshot

:!: Your custom format seems to be built for the purpose of inferring the multi-episode numbers for files that are not named "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" so something does not make sense. Perhaps you would like to provide more context? Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text if "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04" does not represent the files at hand that you are trying to deal with.
I dont want the dash inb etween sepearting the epsiodes I would like the file to be in this format Let's Go Luna - S01E03E04 - Lullaby for Baby Vlad & Space Is the Place. So it looks nicer without a dash separating the episode numbers
kolbdog32

Post by kolbdog32 »

That episdoe is just an example
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Match "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04.mkv" against TheTVDB and then use the following format:

Format: Select all

{n} - {s00e00.replace('-', '')} - {t}
That will generate the following file name:

Let's Go Luna! - S01E03E04 - Lullaby for Baby Vlad & Space Is the Place

:idea: Note that S01E03-E04 refers to a sequence of episodes, not limited to 2 episodes, e.g. S01E03-E05 or S01E03-E06 in some cases. The code above (i.e. just remove the - character) would then generate S01E03E06 as opposed to S01E03E04E05E06 as one might expect from the dash-less numbering style.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kolbdog32

Post by kolbdog32 »

rednoah wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 15:18 Match "Let's Go Luna - S01E03-E04.mkv" against TheTVDB and then use the following format:

Format: Select all

{n} - {s00e00.replace('-', '')} - {t}
That will generate the following file name:

Let's Go Luna! - S01E03E04 - Lullaby for Baby Vlad & Space Is the Place

:idea: Note that S01E03-E04 refers to a sequence of episodes, not limited to 2 episodes, e.g. S01E03-E05 or S01E03-E06 in some cases. The code above (i.e. just remove the - character) would then generate S01E03E06 as opposed to S01E03E04E05E06 as one might expect from the dash-less numbering style.

Thank you for the help I appreciate it.