Presets missing

Support for macOS users
David9Points

Presets missing

Post by David9Points »

I've been using FileBot foe many years now, and recently it was updated to the version V5.1.3 (10185)

Tried to use it today, and the presets I created for myself, specific to my needs, has disappeared.

All I have now is

Organize Movies for Plex
Organize Episodes for Plex
Match by Episode Title
Match by Absolute Number
Convert AniDB to TheTVDB numbers
Sort Photos by Date Taken
Append Media Properties
Original Media Title
File to Folder Name
Clean Name
Transliterate non-ASCll characters

Any idea how I can get mine back?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Presets missing

Post by rednoah »

If you see the default Presets then that means no Presets are stored, i.e. it's as if you're running a new install that has no memory of previous installs. I have no clue as to why that might be. Upgrading / Downgrading FileBot generally does not affect your user data.

:?: How did you install / upgrade FileBot? What does System Information say?

:idea: Your preferences including custom presets are exported into a file named preferences.backup.xml in your user data folder every 30 days. If you keep backups over time then you may be able to restore from a previous copy of this file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
David9Points

Post by David9Points »

Thanks for the reply.

The upgrade was done about a week ago (approximately) and it was downloaded from the FileBot website and installed.

I have also tried re-installing today from both the App Store and manual download from FileBot website. Nothing. All gone.

Not very happy this is gone, going to have to manually rename everything again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

David9Points wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 08:40 I have also tried re-installing today from both the App Store and manual download from FileBot website.
:idea: The Mac App Store edition and the PKG installer edition are entirely separate and independent, i.e. have separate user data and don't share the same user data folder.

:?: Did you confirm the contents of ~/.filebot/preferences.backup.xml to double-check? Does the file not exist / exists but is mostly empty?

:idea: If you're using the PKG installer edition, and lose your custom presets, then that would strongly suggest that something has deleted both the ~/Library/Preferences/net.filebot.ui.plist file and the ~/.filebot/preferences.backup.xml file. The PKG installer does not do that.

:idea: Backups are always a good idea. You are welcome to share your custom formats here in the forums, for the benefit of all, and as a public backup for yourself just in case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
David9Points

Post by David9Points »

Thankfully, I've managed to find a copy of my old presets using TimeMachine backups.

I've pulled this back from October last year, and imported into FileBot.

My preferences are back and working now.

I never knew about the F5 console before - comes in handy

Thanks