Automate tv show renaming and file moving

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
ffcelcius

Automate tv show renaming and file moving

Post by ffcelcius »

Hello, I'll start off by saying that i am completely ignorant of how CLI works and i have been searching these threads for insight for a while. A lot of times i get discouraged and quit for a few weeks but then decided that i really want to accomplish this and come back to the same confused frustration. I either just dont understand it, or i cant make the connections to have it make sense. To be basic, I want to write a command that watches 1 specific folder and that folder will have tv shows downloaded to it. Most times these downloads come in its own individual folder with .txt files and what not. I want to have this program run after the download finishes and rename the show and place it in its respecting folder. For example

"Arrow 4x05 Haunted 720p" finishes download in this directory C:\Users\XXXX\Utorrent Finish

"Arrow 4x05 Haunted 720p" is renamed "Arrow S04E05 - Haunted"

file is moved to "Z:\Arrow\Season 4

This will be the same process and format for each individual show I download. I am not concerned about remaining file cleanup because ill just visit the folder once a week or so and delete the leftovers. I am at a loss for how to set this up and I've tried running the AMC script, but am confused on how to customize it the way that i want it to function. I'm not asking anyone to do this for me. I just need someone to dumb it down and help me familiarize myself with some of the terminology that goes with CLI. Also, do i put the whole script in Utorrents "run this program when a torrent finished" box? or do i make a batch file for it to run?

Thank you for anyone that helps me out.
PlaceyAUS

Re: Automate tv show renaming and file moving

Post by PlaceyAUS »

I use this script in uTorrent run program after torrent finishes. But it will always sort into Music, Movies, TV Shows and Unsorted folder from directory. So if you used it it would look like this...

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def minFileSize=0 --def minLengthMS=0 --def excludeList=amc-input.txt --def unsorted=y --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

Episodes would look like this Z:\TV Shows\Arrow\Season 04\Arrow - S04E05 - Haunted.mkv
Movies would look like this Z:\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv
Music would look like this Z:\Music\Jorn\Traveler\*Music Files"
Unsorted would look like this Z:\Unsorted\Users\XXXX\Utorrent Finish\Edele-Hello.mkv (if it were a music video)

By adding the following you can skip the TV Shows folder...

--def "seriesFormat=Z:/{n}/{'S'+s}/{fn}"

So it should look like this as a final script for your uTorrent.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def minFileSize=0 --def minLengthMS=0 --def excludeList=amc-input.txt --def unsorted=y --def "seriesFormat=Z:/{n}/{'S'+s}/{fn}" --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but for someone like me this is all the knowledge I have.

PlaceyAUS